Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > El Paso Marine Aquarium Society (ELPMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/02/2007, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

just wanted to post , one week no word on sump. skimmer not working well hanging. depressing! eager! not sure my old pump will work, new stand taller by 8.5 inches or so. have plans if that happen. thinking of getting a quite one 2200 or 3000 and some gate value, dont like ball any more.

benjabba nothing, i dont plan on putting anything there. i didnt have anything before i shouldnt need anything now but if it comes down to it, i will use LR rubble. the overflow i have isnt powerfull, not a lot of flow passing though my sump. i think its rated around 800 gph and i am maybe around 390 gph if that. the Rio 10HF that i have now pushes around 390 gph at 4 ft which was about the hight it was at. thinking about redoing will the QO 3000 so i can send water to refuge from the return , i use another pump for that now, and also send water to my carbon reactor
Old 12/02/2007, 03:05 PM
King of the Tank!

John – Don’t buy a QO 3000 or a 4000 as I have one of each I could let you try out before you bought any. I just changed mine out for an Eheim 1260. The Eheim was expensive bit OMG what a great pump compared to the QO. I have these pumps (QO’s) and would not try to sell them to anyone. Let me know.

Jay
Old 12/02/2007, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

ya that was my other thought Eheim 1260. what was the problem with the QO? or what did you not like about it. i have read a lot of people talking good about the Eheim 1260. just figure i could pick up a QO from petsmart easily i see then there all the time.

the Eheim 1260's a lot of money grrr. i should get the mag from bpatrol if he still has.

Last edited by killingseed; 12/02/2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12/02/2007, 05:48 PM
King of the Tank!

They pump rated flow it's just that they would not restart on occasion. You are welcome to try one if you want. Yep. $150 for the 1260!!!

Jay
Old 12/04/2007, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

I have a mag 12 that is pretty beat up....it was working great then the impeller lost a fin....and two screws in the cover don't grab but the cover stays on fine....if you're interested let me know, but for twenty dollars for a new impeller, may be a good pump for you
Old 12/04/2007, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

thanks for the info on the quite ones Jay! I was looking to replace my return for the 4000....I guess the search continues
Old 12/04/2007, 09:08 AM
King of the Tank!

No problem. I will say that I had used both for a year and the only issue was the restarting. For the money they provide rated flow. The Eheim is like a Cadillac in comparison. I can even use the feed function on the AC jr and the pump actually restarts! I read here on RC that the Ocean Runner was comparable to the Eheim and cheaper. May want to look at those.

Jay
Old 12/04/2007, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

thanks psuedopimp, the mag 12 is nice but overkill. i need to get the sump and i will try my current pump and see what happens. i sure it isnt going to work :<
Old 12/04/2007, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

what makes the red dragon so good??? I can't imagine spending that much on a pump....
Old 12/05/2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

psuedopimp, those red dragon are way overkill and just in price alone for my small tank.

i dont know, i liked the rio HF. i might just get a bigger rio hf. if anything, hoping my old pump works for a while so i can gather the parts i need or want slowly. i really want to redo it with a slightly bigger pump so i can devert some water where i have other pumps, my refuge, and my carbon reactor. i am just in a holding pattern.

been ordering other things i will need for my fuge. Refugium Mineral Mud, live sand, kent Marine BioSediment.

trying to deside if i want to skin my stand or just put in large door to cover most the stand. not looking to stain, just paint black high gloss. couple cobinet maker here i am sure just another thought. nice custom doors.
Old 12/05/2007, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

latest word from Acrylicman

"It's finished.

I will be sending tracking details shortly, Steve"
Old 12/05/2007, 11:03 PM
King of the Tank!

Thats great John!! I know you are excited!!!

Jay
Old 12/05/2007, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Kool John!! I bet you can hardly wait.
Old 12/09/2007, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jmait769
Thats great John!! I know you are excited!!!

Jay
at this point "excited" isnt the word, hehehe he told me that to give him a couple more days or weeks to finish because i havent hard from him sense. grrrrr
Old 12/12/2007, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

well this is what i had to do for the money for the sump i ordered.
grrr still no word but soon!

Old 12/12/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

if you do a search on reefcentral for acrylic man he is notorius for taking his sweet time sending the product...good luck i guess when you get it it will be alright but the question is "when". word on him is he is a total flake.....good luck bpatrol
Old 12/12/2007, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

nice job on the tile work....amazing the things you will do for a hobby....
Old 12/13/2007, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

bpatrol, well aware of his ,time takeing. easy to see from his ebay score. was him or glass cage. well most the post about glass cage are that the quality isnt there. acrylic man seem to have good post of the quality just not a person to depand on for timely needs. sad but i had to choose one. i'll get it just not sure when. grrrrrrr

psuedopimp, thanks not done yet, the rest will have to wait a while. that a good couple days works. the main reason for redoing the floor was a hot water line broke under the floor and i had to jake hammer the floor and fix the pipes.
Old 12/14/2007, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

been told again it was finished and he would have it out his door this weekend. sorry for post about this but just trying to keep track of it with some kind of reffernce.
Old 12/22/2007, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

this is depressing, almost makes me want to file a claim on my CC. he has closed his ebay store it seems and i still dont have my product. grrr all i got was its finish and will be shipping. well i think we all know that it doesnt take 5 weeks to ship. i dont care about the quality jsut the fac this person is really dishonest and should never tell people its finished unless its has shipped.
Old 12/26/2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

i called my CC company, i will be refounded in full tonight! after 200 dollars to them it fraud. glad i didnt use paypal on this one. at this point there is nothing you could do if you use paypal and exceeding a purchase time frame. I think its 30 days or something. Still leaves me with out a sump. Back to plan A and DIY’er.
Old 12/26/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

that is too bad. hopefully you get get it done soon.
Old 12/27/2007, 02:01 AM
Registered Member

dang at least you got your money back..... where did you get this from??? acrylicman right?? you had told me about life reef and how he could build custom sumps/fuges....... did you give him a call?? If i remember correctly last time i spoke with him it was a bit pricey for what i wanted. Since your is for a smaller tank it may not be as much. Just another suggestion.

I will be contacting him soon, and once again see how much it would be for a custom sump/fuge to fit into the stand that Jay made for my tank. Good luck
Old 12/27/2007, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

my CC company gave him a time frame, seems he is a smooth talker with them. its out of my hands but still leaves me on hold :<.
Old 12/27/2007, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

At least they were able to get a hold of him.