Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

WavySea vs SeaSwirl

I'd be curious to hear some opinions from those that have one or have had both.
Old 12/26/2007, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

I have a sea swirl it works great, Also I have a ocean motion 4 way and I love it to
Old 12/26/2007, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

I had both:

wavysea: you can control the speed and any angle you like ( or just let it do 360 ) without touching it BUT if the power fail, after restart you have to reprogram it again < it's a pains

Seaswirl: you can't control the speed but you can control the angle, I think it only can do 90-180 degree.

I like the wavysea better, I hooked my tunze nano to it and I also hooked it to my back up battery and no concern at all if the power fails.
Old 12/26/2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

I have both the wavy sea and seaswirl on my tank right now.

The wavysea is a nicer product due to the angles you can control and the speed. I did find it difficult to put a loc line adapter to angle the water flow downwards. But that is the only drawback.

The seaswirl--I had mine for five years now w/o any prombelms (knock on wood) It's nice for the price. If money wasn't an issue, go with the wavysea.