Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Delaware Reef Club (DRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 11:58 AM
Delaware Reef Club

January Meeting

The January meeting will be a joint meeting with the Diamond State Aquarium Society and DRC. It will be held at William Penn High School in the cafeteria, located on Route 141, just east of route 13 at 7:30 Monday night Jan. 14, 2008.

Mapquest

There will be both freswater and saltwater raffles and prizes.

Marty, out Treasurer has invited us to attend. Since most of our members also have a freswater tank and a lot of there members have saltwater we should be able to meet a lot of new people and have a wonderful exchange of ideas.

Diamond State Aquarium Society

Hope to see everyone there.
Old 12/21/2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

has anyone considered having the meeting on different days. For my biase i work until 8 pm on sun and monday and can never attend the meeting. is it possible to consider having the meeting on a different day once in a while? Any consideration would be appreciated.
Thanks
LIZ
Old 12/21/2007, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Sorry... not going to be able to make this one... that week ill be in NJ analyzing my data that I have been collecting for 4 months... should be able to make it to feb when that comes though.
Old 12/21/2007, 06:47 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Quote:
Originally posted by davidandliz
has anyone considered having the meeting on different days. For my biase i work until 8 pm on sun and monday and can never attend the meeting. is it possible to consider having the meeting on a different day once in a while? Any consideration would be appreciated.
Thanks
LIZ
Yes it has been brought up a few times. This meeting was set before we talked about a day change. Expect a poll on RC soon to pick the best date to allow for the best possible turn out. Also it was considered if we could occasionally have a meeting locations closer towards Middletown. That poll will happen before the Feburary meeting.
Al
Old 12/21/2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

we can have it at my house
Old 12/22/2007, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

We would love to try to make it to future meetings.. i believe we came to 2 or three after we had our son.. some might remember the couple with the stroller. lol
Old 12/23/2007, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Yup. we remember yous guys. Hows the little reefer doing? Must be tall enough by now to reach into the tank. if he climbs a little.
Old 12/23/2007, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidandliz
We would love to try to make it to future meetings.. i believe we came to 2 or three after we had our son.. some might remember the couple with the stroller. lol
i remember ... it's the short term stuff i struggle with ... lol
Old 12/23/2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Well he is about 18 months now and loves the tanks. he loves to sit and watch the fish. He calls the hermit crabs "bebe" and our yellow belly damsel "blue" and our Yellow Tang "Yellow" .. fitting names i think. We are working through trying to get him to stop hitting the glass to get the fishes attention.
Old 12/23/2007, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Hmmm won't be able to make that one, I got a hockey game the day be4 n philly n that back home for the day on monday....ken if joe or another dover reefer goes bring that polyguard stuff or w/e its called and also ne cheato or w.e it is u got I know u said u had a few kinds so bring a little or a lot of everything...thanks!
Old 12/23/2007, 08:18 PM
Delaware Reef Club & DVRC

David & Liz if you read through some of the top 10s in reef keeping mag you will find a lot of funnys refering to little kids and reef tanks. One parent shared an experience he had when he asked his little girl to feed the fish tank. He talks about trying to net out a PB&J sandwhich and pulling bread out of power heads.

Jon
Old 12/30/2007, 04:25 AM
Registered Member

EMO?!?!
Old 12/30/2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Oh, Ok EMO,

you jogged my fuzzy memory. Now I remember. yup, i just put the phosguard i have left over on the the stand for you and will bring some greenery too for your fuge.