Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/16/2007, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

What about the warning that limpit said about it losing its effectiveness once it hits air? I'm assuming this is a big bulk bag and not a bunch of little bags.
Old 10/16/2007, 10:50 AM
:::===( @ | }

Id be interested in getting enough to refill a couple of times, but being new to the whole RO thing, do I need to buy a special container to put the refillable DI resin in? Or would the chamber I have now be refillable? at .5/refill I think 2-3lbs would be good.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Help a brother out! Ill trust you J to just order me exactly what I need, thankx

btw, I have a vacuum sealer, if we needed to repackage some to make it last longer.
Old 10/16/2007, 08:24 PM
Just another crazy

Unless I am reading something wrong it says that 5 pounds is 4 refills so that would be 1 1/4 pounds per refill. Am I missing something? I would take more if it will get us to 44 pounds.

Jason you need to change the 44 pound color changing to 240.00. Did you get my pm for tomorrow night?

Mike
Old 10/16/2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I made an error on the previous sheet...this corrects the Color changing 44# tot he 240.

Someone wanna glance at the numbers again... I can change the quantities and repost.

Last edited by jmkarcz; 10/16/2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10/17/2007, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

I updated the above chart using some strong assumptions on my part, I apologize... They were that a minimum of 5# would be the buy in. If you don't want 5, pm me and I will let others know, I have still one or two people that are on the fence....

The second is that this does not take into account shipping...

The third is that some people are still waffling on the color changing or not... the bottom line is 28% more....in price.

Thoughts? I could get a shipping quote...
Old 10/17/2007, 05:35 AM
Registered Member

Looks good to me J. I'll take 5 thats no problem at all (err that don't sound good). As far as color changing goes do I need it....No....Would it be nice...Probably.....I am easy going though whatever everyone else wants will be fine with me....No biggie on my end.

Eric
Old 10/17/2007, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

I don't need color changing, and 5lbs is fine for me. Thanks J.

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
1-12g NC Mantis, 1-12g AP Brittle Star
2-cats
2-dogs (1 Catahoula Leopard Mix & 1 Shepherd Mix)
Old 10/17/2007, 09:40 PM
Just another crazy

I would go up to ten if we get close to the 44 pound mark.

Mike
Old 10/18/2007, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

I just received a pm from someone looking to add 5# to the order, wich we could reduce someone who was buying a high number and really wanted less, or we could work on the next increment....

Looks like shipping is hovering around the 1$ a lb or so. this is a conservative figure to use for for easy figuring. thus... my 6# will cost about 6$ to get here... I will get a bit more specific once we get the the be-all end all list.

If anyone wants to change quantities, or was not added in, still open, maybe we can get another 22# or 44#. going... I'm thinking that the minimum is going to be 5# though - someone is going to have to split this up, and larger quantities make it worth while. OR.. you can order less, but have to kick in an conconvience tip for the person that has to handle 1 lb of DI resin... God I hope it's not me....

Jason

Last edited by jmkarcz; 10/18/2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10/18/2007, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Ok, I updated the above chart to reflect quantities as of noon today... and we're shy again...

any more takers???

J
Old 10/18/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

J you can figure me for the 5 pounds. I will be willing to go to the high end of the spectrum. Not sure if this is helping you or not.

Eric
Old 10/18/2007, 02:32 PM
Burned Out

I have a pretty nice five pound digital scale you guys could use to divide up the resin. I can spare it for a day but would need it back the same day or next day at the latest. I use it every day. Don't forget to order your plugs and disks too. It is getting to be that time again. Gotta trim that summer growth.
Old 10/18/2007, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Might take you up on that G. Filterguys got back t me and aid they would extend the same rate as the 44# is we bought 66# total, so if someone is holding back... also, if you are still seeing the briguy bubble above in the chart, hit your re-load buttin in your browser, I updated the chart. We are now at about 41#, I really could go to 5# if someone wants to take the last 4... or see the opening line in this post... we can get more at the same price rate...

Message from Jim...Jason I will give you the CUFT price on another 1/2 CUFT. Let me know when you have your total order together and what it is and I will give you the total shipping and handling rate which will be at cost.
--
Jim
Hey G, I was buying those great disks from them, I was grinding a dimple in the center, it makes it easier to attach the frag and for it to encrust.... too bad a guy couldn't just get em made that way...

and if anyone wants to browse some of the fine frag and filter products... their website is:

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

H

Last edited by jmkarcz; 10/18/2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10/18/2007, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

so is it 4# you need? if so, count me back in and i'll take those 4.
Old 10/18/2007, 06:41 PM
Just another crazy

I'll take 10 pounds Jason. I have a scale too if its needed.

Mike
Old 10/18/2007, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

Ok, were in a holding patters right at or near the 44, with the price staying the same, does anyone else want in???? Bill, your only allowed to change your mind one more time

Jason
Old 11/05/2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Hey guys, sorry to let this fall by the waysaide. My only source of income was cut 2 weeks ago, and I simply do not have the cash flow to shell out a couple hundred dollars and wait to get paid back over the course of a week or more... I know it sounds pathetic. If someone want's to take this over, or if everyone is fine even just paypaling me the funds before the order, I would be more than happy to work the final figures OR turn it over to someone else.... My only rule is that any payments thru ppal that use a CC, I will pass on the fee to you, the payer, but this is simple, just transfer the money into your account, then pay me. Otherwise if everyone is cool with this, I will work some final numbers and have an amount for everyone.... PLEASE let me know. I feel bad about leaving this sit as long as I did, and I meant to bring it up as a topic at the meeting, but got to busy talking about not having hair.... n stuff

Looks like we have the order, just need to pull the "trigger". Literally. And it's been my fault - I'm really sorry.

If someone else wants to take controll, I will be more that happy to send my $ to them - Or, I have no problem finishing this...

J
Old 11/05/2007, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

let me know how much to send you, and I'll paypal it to you.

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
1-12g NC Mantis, 1-12g AP Brittle Star
2-cats
2-dogs (1 Catahoula Leopard Mix & 1 Shepherd Mix)
Old 11/05/2007, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

J let me know what I owe and I will bring you the cash

Eric
Old 11/05/2007, 11:05 PM
Just another crazy

If you want I could just order it don't matter to me.

Mike
Old 11/06/2007, 10:42 PM
Just another crazy

It could still be delivered to your house.

Mike
Old 11/07/2007, 12:30 PM
:::===( @ | }

Im in no hurry to get mine, if we want to wait. (but defiantly make this order sometime!)

The 16th would be the earliest I could cover my payment.
Old 11/07/2007, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

I have the chart at home, and will try to look at it tonight to calculate the balances.... this is last call if someone wants anything else... pm me now. I have Mako, Briguy and Jandlms with additional items... anyone else wanting anything additional... like a TDS meter... for example, should pm me now.

J
Old 12/18/2007, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Anyone interested in doing this yet or no? Or did this fall off the charts? I know now is a bad time of the year for some. Well at least for me it is. Was wondering if after the first of the year if we could revisit this and get an order out?

Eric
Old 12/19/2007, 12:13 AM
Just another crazy

I want to get some and hope we can figure this out if we can't make this work somehow as a group I need to find out because I will just have to order some on my own.

Mike