Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Your tank is PACKED! Seriously, I just want to take some cutters and snip little pieces from you and tim. haha j/k. Very nice mark.
Old 12/11/2007, 11:58 PM
My tank is too full

Quote:
Originally posted by eagleONE
Your tank is PACKED! Seriously, I just want to take some cutters and snip little pieces from you and tim. haha j/k. Very nice mark.
If you did that Jay, then your tank would be packed and you would have to start a thread like this because you were trying to think of how to updrade rather than get rid of a few corals. I know its backwards, but that is usually when I am the happiest.

To thine own self be true
Old 12/12/2007, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Very nice tanks guys. Far from a hooptie mark!

Here is a hooptie My 60 cube. Actually i dont have any new pics put most of the LPS/ Softies are no longer in there as i have gotten the SPS bug and i am switching to SPS/RICS/Zoos and clams.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12/13/2007, 01:03 AM
Chief Cat Herder

Favorite Pic from Last Round

Tim's right, not enough pics. Here's one of my favorite from my last round of pics...

My tank doesn't really look like this anymore. After neglecting it a bit, I decided to add more rockwork and LPSs. In a few months it should be ready for pics.
Old 12/13/2007, 01:08 AM
My tank is too full

Nice shot Brian. Sometimes I think we fool the new people into our tanks always looking good because we only post pics when things are well.

Old 12/13/2007, 01:17 AM
Reef Cowboy

Yep. But who would really post pics after 9 days of no maintenance, except pbetito...
Old 12/14/2007, 12:10 AM
My tank is too full

So my friend the plumber just stopped by to move the washer and dryer so I can start the inwall come the 1st of the year.

I am thinking 56x30x26 would mean that I would only have to cut into one wall, or 60x30x26 and it would be seen from two walls.

That would be a lot of extra work when it comes time to move out some time down the road.

Hmmmmmm......

Old 12/14/2007, 01:03 AM
Chief Cat Herder

Inspiration

Hey Mark

When I find myself neglecting my tank I do two things to stay motivated. First clean the glass. That usually does it. Next, review my favorite pics.

Here's one of my last reef tank that I like a lot. I had to take it down when the deep sand bed got saturated...

My new tank has removable remote deep sand beds (RRDSBs).

Last edited by Brian Prestwood; 12/14/2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12/14/2007, 01:32 AM
My tank is too full

I know what you mean about motivation. One of the hardest things for me to do is to test my parameters. I test for alk every 2-3 days, but everthying else is by sight.

Old 12/14/2007, 12:19 PM
Chief Cat Herder

I do something similar. While I'm dialing my calcium reactor in I test alk, Ca & Mg every day. Once it is dialed in I test once a week.

I store the results in the MARS Aquarium BLOG (for members only). That way I can review the results from anywhere that has internet access. This is handy when I want to go over the results with someone else.

If you go this route use the RSS feature to export your log to your local computer for backup, just in case.

I was just doing the math on your proposed new tank...

60x30x26/231=203 gallons

Nice!!!

I'm guessing the 60 is length and the 26 is the depth?

My tank is 30 tall. When you can reach the bottom with your hands you don't put your hands in so much.
Old 12/14/2007, 12:31 PM
My tank is too full

60 length x 30 depth x 26 tall

Old 12/14/2007, 05:34 PM
My tank is too full

I had the camera out today for a very short time.

FTS- getting a small reflection, but oh well.

Got this from fed ex today

Old 12/14/2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Wink

hooptie.... hahaha

Nice Piece!

Microcladus?
Old 12/14/2007, 06:16 PM
My tank is too full

Yep hey, even though it may be a hooptie, the interior is nice.

Old 12/14/2007, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Marko9
Nice shot Brian. Sometimes I think we fool the new people into our tanks always looking good because we only post pics when things are well.
Well, here it goes...this is what happened to mine after returning from a 1-month trip out of the country.

Old 12/14/2007, 06:39 PM
My tank is too full

Peter- I am glad you made it back to us. How bad is the damage?

Old 12/14/2007, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Peter- I am glad you made it back to us. How bad is the damage?
Really bad. Lost my mystery wrasse and one female bimaculatus and total lost of all sps corals. Only a few lps survived with the rest of the fishes.
Old 12/14/2007, 06:52 PM
My tank is too full

I feel so bad for you and your luck over the last 6 months or so. Are you going to start over or just do a waterchange and go see John. He got a whole bunch of ORA in today as well as some stuff from Bali.

LMK when you are ready

Old 12/14/2007, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I feel so bad for you and your luck over the last 6 months or so. Are you going to start over or just do a waterchange and go see John. He got a whole bunch of ORA in today as well as some stuff from Bali.

LMK when you are ready
Thanks, Mark. The tank is empty now, I'm starting over again for one "last" time from scratch again.
Old 12/14/2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yep hey, even though it may be a hooptie, the interior is nice.
I still think it's hilarious that you called a hooptie. Mark, just admit it... you have a really nice tank.

Peter- I am so sorry. I know what it feels like to loose everything. I myself am barely getting back into the game. If I pick up any stuff I can definitely bring some down your way...

oh man... and I was just about to ask whatever happened to Peter...Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.
Old 12/14/2007, 10:03 PM
Premium Member

Since I have seen you house, I suggest this so it will go a little more "smoother" with the wife........

I suggest: Building a large walkin closet adjacent to where is now along the wall in your bedroom......Women love closet space......add two bi-fold doors and a dividing wall, splitting it between "his" and "hers". Make a deal with her about splitting the current and swing it more her way, she can have half of the new one and you get the other half of the new one......but instead of clothes......you put a fishtank in yours. You can even pop it out on the living room side about 18" or so and leave enough room in the "closet" to move around it, leaving access to all four sides. (Perfect place to put holes for vents for chillers)

Last edited by dots; 12/14/2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12/14/2007, 10:24 PM
My tank is too full

Quote:
Originally posted by dots
Since I have seen you house, I suggest this so it will go a little more "smoother" with the wife........

I suggest: Building a large walkin closet adjacent to where is now along the wall in your bedroom......Women love closet space......add two bi-fold doors and a dividing wall, splitting it between "his" and "hers". Make a deal with her about splitting the current and swing it more her way, she can have half of the new one and you get the other half of the new one......but instead of clothes......you put a fishtank in yours. You can even pop it out on the living room side about 18" or so and leave enough room in the "closet" to move around it, leaving access to all four sides. (Perfect place to put holes for vents for chillers)
I told you to lay off the crack