Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/14/2007, 05:09 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

I never get what I ask for either! Maybe it's because I'm the one that the kids got their expensive tastes from!

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! It looks like it's all going to work out!

Now who's up for a drink?

And a page 2 scored!

Melting!
Old 12/14/2007, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

I never make a list. I do all the shopping for Christmas and the only thing my hubby has to do is shop for me. He is completely clueless when buying gifts. He takes the kids to the mall to get me something too. Jena usually gets me stuff from Bath and Body and the boys are as clueless as their father. A few years ago I decided to make a list so I would end up with stuff I would never use or want. I really don't ask for much. My list consisted of a few little inexpensive things (an address book, a recipe box, a computer game and a jacket). I even cut the picture of the jacket out and told him exactly where to get it.

Guess what I got for Christmas. NOTHING on my list. I was so mad. Guess what I got for New Year's Eve? The jacket I wanted but it wasn't a late Christmas gift. It was a "thank you for making X-mas so wonderful gift"

One year as I was going to the mall to shop, he told me to get myself something nice for Christmas. So I did. A 7-day cruise for 2! Thought that would teach him, nope

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/14/2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Carole - I should let you know that my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE these for Christmas:
http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/mabobyredba.html

Maybe yours would too? I wrap them up and put them under the tree. They make my kids drool and spin around in circles because they are so happy! They're easy to find and CHEAP!

LOL
Old 12/15/2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

We should trade kids! My kids just want the new Lego star wars game for the wii. That's it...3 kids under 8 and all they want is 1 game. Our daughter did ask for batteries for her pink my little pony toy.
Old 12/16/2007, 01:48 AM
Where's My Jell-O?

Quote:
Originally posted by fussoverthis
Carole - I should let you know that my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE these for Christmas:
http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/mabobyredba.html

Maybe yours would too? I wrap them up and put them under the tree. They make my kids drool and spin around in circles because they are so happy! They're easy to find and CHEAP!

LOL

That was funny! I was opening the page thinking that Adam really likes dinosaurs! This might be a kewl site! Too bad he doesn't chew!

Troy182, with my kids and your kids, you would be Star Wars NUTSO!!!!! I never thought in a million years that I would be exposed to so much Starwars! One of our friends has a friend that won a Wii for their Christmas party, but they already had one, so they gave it to "our" friends! Oh man! Can you imagine?!

Melting!
Old 12/16/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

With our three kids(6, 3, 9mos) plus our three nephews(5, 4, 22mos) we have custody of, my wife had a real go at shopping this year! Better her than me, I can hardley stand trying to find her a gift!

Here's to those before us, those of us, and those after us............