Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/24/2007, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Question Rod's Food Questions

I have been researching different foods to try out and there seems to be a lot of rave over the Rod's food. Has anyone tried it, and is there any stores that carry it locally?

I was looking at placing an order but its like 30+ because of shipping. If anyone thinks this food is worth purchasing over the normal oraglo, mysis, etc... I would be willing to place a group order, premiumaquatics can fit 10 packages in one box so that would cut shipping costs a lot.

Just testing for interest and opinions on the food, if it can be found locally definitely let me know I would like to try it out the ingredients look good.
Old 10/24/2007, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

I am using it. It's ok. The food itself is good, lots of variety, I just have a lot of tangs and most of the particles are too small for my liking. Yeah some of them feed my corals etc... but I have found that most are just getting washed away. If you have a lot of smaller fish it would be great, or even a need for more variety. My tangs tend to live off of formula two, nori, romaine, and some mysis. when this pack runs out I will probably go back to that routine.
Old 10/24/2007, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

My fish are smaller so this would be good for them + coral... Which was kind of what I was looking for, small & healthy variety that can feed the whole tank.
Old 10/24/2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Should work great then, great variety and it's all natural. Like I said berfore, my larger fish just aren't into it. lol. but it should work great for you then, I don't know about locally for you, but Sea in the city has it in orlando. I think they might be the only south east carrier right now. ???
Old 10/24/2007, 12:08 PM
Premium Member

mmmm I can try ... I have mix of tang and small fish and usually the big fish end up eating everything. This will give the opportunity to the other to eat.
Old 10/24/2007, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

Their website says that FAOIS has it.
http://www.rodsfood.com/lfsmap.php
Old 10/24/2007, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by shibumi
Their website says that FAOIS has it.
http://www.rodsfood.com/lfsmap.php
John actually emailed me to let me know he has an order coming in. I am going to pick some up as soon as they get it in, sounds like a good food.
Old 12/12/2007, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

hey Mitch, how's that food working for you?