Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/03/2007, 12:32 PM
Premium Member

How to sell more than one thing?

Am I to understand that I cannot sell but one thing at a time on this site? Or if I link to Picassa, a google picture site, that somehow I have broken the rules? Could someone explain to me the logic of this if it is in fact true? Reef Central obviously can barely handle the traffic load it has and has horrendous lags, so I figured hosting my pictures on google, a non-profit place, would help. I got yelled at for it. What is the proper method of selling more than one thing because I am taking down my tank, and I need to sell off everything I have.
Old 12/03/2007, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Post this question in the "feedback and questions" forum and I am sure the mods would be happy to answer any questions! Personally, I have seen a lot of links but have not read the rules fully..... Best to ask them directly!
Good luck with the tank sell off!
Old 12/03/2007, 02:40 PM
Premium Member

Good idea. Thank you.
Old 12/03/2007, 05:44 PM
Moved Aside

Did you read what was posted when your thread was closed? Did you read the top sticky in this forum? I believe the issue was with the way you listed it..

The quote from your other thread..

Just a FYI.
Posting links to off site sales is not permitted. If you have anything else to offer each item needs to be posted with a price, livestock and equipment being separated into their appropriate selling forums. Please read the sticky located at the top of this forum before posting again.

Thank you.
Old 12/03/2007, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

No. I don't think I listed anything wrong. I did reference my pictures of the stuff with the prices, and that was hosted by Google. Maybe it looked too professional. I'll make it look all crappy like most of the postings when I put it back up. I have noticed that whenever I make something look decent, it's attacked as some sort of commercial venture.
Old 12/03/2007, 06:50 PM
Nature is my valium =)

From what I can see of your old thread you did not list a price in the thread for items. That is one of the requirements. I'm assuming the pics you had on Picassa showed prices on them but that was off site which is where they probably got the "off site sales" from.

You should have no problem doing a new thread listing out what you have with individual prices for each or listing everything out with one package deal price. Also, I am not sure if Picassa provides you with an IMG code for each pic for easy addition to the thread but photobucket does. If you include pics right in the thread you will get a lot more viewers and possibly sales.

Params: Sg 1.026, Alk 11 dKH, Ca 440, Mg 1450, Ph 8.4, Temp 80*F
Old 12/03/2007, 07:08 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, I know what happened. The caption of the pictures on google had the prices, BUT you couldn't read the whole caption unless you float over the thumbnail or clicked into the picture. That made the page look like there was just a bunch of pictures there, some with no price because the caption was too long. Plus, I don't think they want you to reference other picture sites except as IMG tags because it opens up the click-here-and-take-you-away potential. That opens up spam, yada, yada. I'll see if I can just extract the thumbnails and post them here as IMGs. I can even script a template for it. Thanks for everyone's help. I don't want any problems. I just want to do it right, and I think I now know what was the issue.
Old 12/03/2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Just looked at it, and I agree that it appears it was a lack of price. Good luck with the next try.
Old 12/03/2007, 09:31 PM
RC Mod

This thread is closed.
This is not a discussion forum it is a selling forum. Nobody yelled at you, and as explained you are not permitted to use these forums as a link to advertise sales off site. Setting up a web page to sell is just that. If you do not like the rules in place you do not have to use these forums to offer your goods. If you have any other questions post them in the feedback and questions forum or send me or any other forum moderator a PM.