Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/24/2007, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 11/25/2007, 01:33 AM
Premium Member

run and run, dont stop at the door and say good bye.

Jack
Old 11/25/2007, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by B.friend
Hump All Here Friends, STAT and take pictures
That's a great idea
Old 11/26/2007, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

She won't stop calling. I told her if she calls me again I'd call her police, then 30 seconds later she calls! Then 3 more times!

She left these voicemails where shes crying and all upset and saying she made a mistake and will regret it until the day she dies, etc.

Old 11/26/2007, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

tell her you refuse to talk to her when she is being this irrational, tell her you need some time to process all that has happened, and then shut your phone off.
Old 11/26/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

you know, on second thought, just turn your phone off now. dont bother with an explanation that she is just going to freak out about anyway.
Old 11/26/2007, 02:14 AM
Premium Member

If you keep on ignore her, she'll find you. If you show that you don't need her, she will go crazy and try to get your attention. It is reverse psychology.... oops, did i just use the BIG word?
Old 11/26/2007, 08:38 AM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

I think people need to be really careful here. We don't know this girl and are generalizing. There is no way to know off of an internet thread how seriously she is over the edge and mind tricks that might work with a rational person might be very dangerous with this girl.

How do you all know that she's not going to hurt herself out of desperation to get his attention?

I stand by my post before that you need to kind but firm that if you're going to talk to her or have anything to do with her, she has to get counseling. I would definitely avoid getting back in a relationship with her, but I think if you avoid giving her any fuel ... just stay neutral ... don't shut her off but don't give her any encouragement and tell her she has to get help if she so much as even wants a friendship at this point then you might be able to get things leveled down.

You don't need this stress and a stalker at final exam time.

This is just all sounding like it's gone way past what is appropriate for strangers to try and advise over the internet. I'm sure your school has a campus counseling office. Maybe you should talk to someone there who could help you understand what's driving her and give you advice on how to handle her.

Good luck!
Old 11/27/2007, 02:03 AM
Registered Member

I've made up my mind. I just can't stay with her after this. I was going to try to give her a second chance, but it wouldn't work out.

It sucks that I'm almost done with college though. That's probably my best chance at meeting a girl that will treat me right...
Old 11/27/2007, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alzika
I've made up my mind. I just can't stay with her after this. I was going to try to give her a second chance, but it wouldn't work out.

It sucks that I'm almost done with college though. That's probably my best chance at meeting a girl that will treat me right...
Bro, dont worry about it. You will meet many more girls in your lifetime. Besides, are you on a mission to get married?

I think that your decision is a mature one. I know that you probably would like to work things out, but I believe that you are right in thinking that it wouldn't work out. I work in a law firm whose practice is made up of about 50% divorce actions. Many of the people who file for divorce still love each other, but have had situations where one person has cheated on the other and they cant work it out.

It is upsetting, but sometimes a fresh start at life is what is best.

Good luck to you.

Cubman
Old 11/27/2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
Bro, dont worry about it. You will meet many more girls in your lifetime. Besides, are you on a mission to get married?

I think that your decision is a mature one. I know that you probably would like to work things out, but I believe that you are right in thinking that it wouldn't work out. I work in a law firm whose practice is made up of about 50% divorce actions. Many of the people who file for divorce still love each other, but have had situations where one person has cheated on the other and they cant work it out.

It is upsetting, but sometimes a fresh start at life is what is best.

Good luck to you.

Cubman
No, I'm not really on a mission to get married. I just don't want to be lonely.

I was alone most of High School until I met her. I don't like that time of my life when I had noone, and I don't want that to happen again.
Old 11/27/2007, 06:59 PM
in the bathtub

Quote:
No, I'm not really on a mission to get married. I just don't want to be lonely.

I was alone most of High School until I met her. I don't like that time of my life when I had noone, and I don't want that to happen again.
You need to learn to be your own best friend. If you enter into a relationship out of loneliness it probably doesn't have much future.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 11/27/2007, 07:02 PM
Team RC Member

DOn't worry about it: you're probably more mature than 8/10 of the girls in your hs, certainly more mature than the guys they're used to.

Once you pass 20, many women who are 1) never married, busy getting degrees, or disgusted by the HS offerings or 2) survivors of relationships...are now convinced that any male who bathes regularly and has a brain AND a job preference is a potential marriage candidate. I kid thee not.

Learn to dance. Learn to enjoy it. Learn to do any number of things where the male/female ratio is in your favor. YOu'll be so far above the other candidates out there, as aforesaid, with your work ethic, your sense of responsibility and your innate decency that your major problem will be fending off the lovelorn women.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 11/27/2007, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

i hate to say he's right, but Fat Man is right. do something out of loneliness and it's bound to not work. my best friends are me, myself, I and everyone on this site. Plus a few other online friends.

There were plenty of fish in the sea, but i wasn't ready to hang up my tacklebox.
Old 11/27/2007, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

LIFE IS SHORT ... REALLY! DON'T WASTE IT, ANY OF IT, WORRYING ABOUT THIS RELATIONSHIP AND LOOKING BACK! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

"If anyone offers you pigeon milk, say no thanks." - Fat Man.
Old 11/27/2007, 11:44 PM
in the bathtub

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Porter
i hate to say he's right, but Fat Man is right.
That gets me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Porter
do something out of loneliness and it's bound to not work. my best friends are me, myself, I and everyone on this site. Plus a few other online friends.
I have always cherished my alone time.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 11/28/2007, 01:40 AM
Registered Member

This will obviously work out in my best interest, too.

I'll be attending Clemson in August for my Ph.D. in Computer Science, assuming I get accepted and all. I need to improve my GRE verbal score but I made an 800 on the quantitive section.

I'm glad that I didn't throw this away for her.
Old 11/28/2007, 01:52 AM
Registered Member

good decision. do not throw your dreams away for anyone.
Old 11/28/2007, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
This will obviously work out in my best interest, too.

I'll be attending Clemson in August for my Ph.D. in Computer Science, assuming I get accepted and all. I need to improve my GRE verbal score but I made an 800 on the quantitive section.

I'm glad that I didn't throw this away for her.
good for you, al.

Less is more, more or less. :p
Old 11/28/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

I let her borrow $700 for rent a while back. Is there any way to get this back? I was saving it for a new car since mine has over 200k miles on it now.
Old 11/28/2007, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

you can try but if that is going to be a sticking point, and she knows that, she will use it to keep you around. what has she said or done about it up to this point?
Old 11/28/2007, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

sure, tell her you need the money. but then again she might go emo and threaten you more.

Less is more, more or less. :p
Old 11/28/2007, 10:31 PM
Addicted to the Reef

if she calls call the police like you said.. empty threats wont do you any good make her know YOUR NOT JUST SAYING IT! plus if somthing is wrong.( threats suicide) police could help.

"to many tanks not enough r/o"
Old 11/29/2007, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Man
I have always cherished my alone time.

Please do not elaborate on this one....I don't think anyone needs to know about your time alone.
You better stop, stop, stop, stop look and listen." -Rollins Band
Old 11/29/2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I let her borrow $700 for rent a while back. Is there any way to get this back? I was saving it for a new car since mine has over 200k miles on it now.
I would just let her have it and cut my losses. I broke up with a girl after a long relationship about 6 years ago. She owed me some money, and had some of my artwork, but it was worth it to me to let her have it. Call it buying your sanity If you continue to communicate with her about the 700, chances are that you will not get the money back and she will use those communications as a chance to try to get back into your life.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.