Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/11/2007, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

i can only say thank you. i don't know what else to say.

all is well at home except for the empty feeling i have when i look around at everything gary and i did as a team.

if those of you who have a significant other have even a fraction of the love between you that gary and i share, you are so lucky.

i am on my way back to the hospital. love to you all and i will check in when i can. it seems only a matter of time now. i am so thankful that gary is without pain and truly seems to be at peace. i don't know if i've said this yet but george's wife told me last night that, in private, she asked gary if he knew where he was going. he pointed up. there is no doubt in my mind that God will welcome him with open arms and gary will forever be watching over me.
Old 11/11/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
there is no doubt in my mind that God will welcome him with open arms
I know i can speak for the entire group when i say there is no doubt in any of our minds that that is true.
Old 11/11/2007, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

What an amazing online family we have here. I remember the sadness at Jim Hobbs death. Thank you for sharing Nina. I send good thoughts and prayers your way! My wife does hospice nursing and all the nurses are special in that area I am glad they are treating you and Gary well. To Brighter days ahead.

Tony
Old 11/11/2007, 03:24 PM
Where the future begins!

I'm so sorry Nina.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”
Old 11/11/2007, 03:39 PM
Premium Member

I don't know what to say...........I'll keep praying.
Old 11/11/2007, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

horrible news.

praying for gary and nina.

glad they had a nice day together last week.

All of the universe and I am the only one
All of creation, and there's only this one of me.
All of everything, and what I am now will never come again.
Old 11/11/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Nina,

You do not know me nor do I know you and Gary- I tend to be a quiet lounger. But I have read every tread about Gary and say a silent prayer for you and him every night. With tears in my eyes, I truly am saddened to read this tread. But I can honestly only hope with my greatest wish, to have such a wonderful life and peaceful, loving passing. He is the lucky one to have you by his side.

Bless you and Gary.
Old 11/11/2007, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

gary's vital signs are still good but he is in and out of conciousness most of the time now. he surprised me today by opening his eyes, puckering up and saying "kiss". i was more than happy to oblige. he has had numerous people in and out yesterday and today. his brothers are all taking it very hard, george especially. his condition has worsened considerably since this morning...

there is much shallow breathing, some apnea, more shallow breathing. we think he is fighting it a little. he does not want to leave me nor does he want to say goodbye to his family. i have told him several times that i know he is tired and it's okay to go to God. i told nana i think he's being kinda stubborn because he doesn't want me using that blasted drill of his.

i am at peace with gary leaving although in no way does that mean i am ready for it. i will never be ready and today i finally had a major meltdown. it is the first time i have really been ABLE to get hysterical.

gary's doctor told us this morning that the end is very near so we have to accept God's will. He's gettin' one hell of a guy and if God needs anything built, He'll get nothing but the BEST!

it feels so good to put my thoughts into words here. as always, john has been my rock and nana and the rest of the family have held me up when i have fallen. bless them, they are such special people.

thanks everybody, for sharing this life-altering experience with me. you have made it so much more tolerable by being here for me. you will never, never know. XOXOXO
Old 11/11/2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

We are all right here with you Nina.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Sending you a big HUG.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:45 PM
Premium Member

Nina - Stay strong and take solice in the fact we are all here and Gary is going to a much better place. Nothing can prepare you for this, you are strong and will get through this.

You and Gary are in our prayers.
Old 11/11/2007, 09:02 PM
Teeam Gary!

More hugs and prayers. You two are an inspiration.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for a whole weekend.
Old 11/11/2007, 10:12 PM
sedentaryologist

I dont normally post in threads like this because I never know what I could possibly say or offer that would be of any help. Just know that I, like the rest of us, are here for you for anything you need. Gary is a great person and Im glad I had the chance to meet him through your stories about him.

have you pooped yet? -Nina51
Old 11/11/2007, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Nina you are such a strong woman, and I am truly sorry for this time in your life! I pray that God's love and peace will surround you and Gary.
Old 11/12/2007, 03:15 AM
2008 is going to be great

My thoughts and prayers are also with you, Gary, and your family. Like others have said, we know Gary through you. There are no words I can think of that will help, but I did want to mention that you have the right to break down and get hysterical once in awhile.
Old 11/12/2007, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

just ran up to the office to check mail and say hi to my lounge FAMILY.

gary rested pretty well last night. he woke up again a little while ago and when he saw john, his face lit up and he said "hi john!!". when he looks at me, he smiles but he looks sorrowful. my sweet baby.

i asked his nurse if she thought i could be gone for a couple of hours this morning and she said she did not think i should leave. his vitals are still good but that could change, literally, in a heartbeat so i'm on my way back to be by his side.

josh!! it is so good to see you!! i hope all is well with your jill.

thank you again, my friends. i will check in when i can.

love & hugs to you all! nina
Old 11/12/2007, 06:55 AM
Simply Complicated

Be with your love Nina every second you can, we understand and want you to be with him every minute possible. We all will be here waiting for you when you get back.

More love & hugs for you and Gary.
Old 11/12/2007, 07:16 AM
i'm here for you two

more hugs for you and your gary,

like aliie said go be bak with your love and we will be here with open arms when the time is right for you to return. know that we love you and that we are here for you.

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around! "Cap'n jack sparrow"
Old 11/12/2007, 08:01 AM
Eternally Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
Be with your love Nina every second you can, we understand and want you to be with him every minute possible. We all will be here waiting for you when you get back.

More love & hugs for you and Gary.

Can't say it any better than that.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 11/12/2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

I made it to page 3 before bursting into tears for you and Gary.
May God take him home on Eagles wings, leaving behind a feather for you to carry with you always Nina.
He will soar with the best, and the rest that followed before us and he will be your Angel that will watch over you the rest of your life.
I can't type any further. Just know that I have been where you are now and know your pain.
Much love and May God let him soar.
We love you Gary. God speed.
Old 11/12/2007, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

that hospital room is going to get awful crowded Nina. Every single one of us loungers is there with you......

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 11/12/2007, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

This battle you and Gary have been fighting has been an inspiration for all who know of it. He can leave this world knowing he has been truly loved, and his fight has inspired others who may in the future have a fight of their own. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 11/12/2007, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

May God grant you both the Peace and Strength you deserve.

-Scott
Old 11/12/2007, 11:04 AM
2/08 HB first show

Hi, Nina.. I am thinking about you both..

He fought a good fight and so did you.

HB

A person can solve a lot of problems by FIRST using a QT tank.. QT all new fish.
Old 11/12/2007, 11:32 AM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Nina my prayers are with both you and Gary, as well as the rest of your family! Hugs!!!

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."