Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/15/2007, 06:49 AM
Premium Member

Aquatic Visions

I know a lot of people have had awful experiences here. I personally like the store but have had some issues as well. Many fish stores on the west coast of Florida get a lot of their things from this store. I usually only buy their corals and their inverts - and sometimes fish.

Roger had an awful incident with them recently regarding fish (maybe this bad thing resulted in something good now). I went there the other day for snails and crabs (first time I've been there in a while) and they cleared out 1/3 of their warehouse to make room for a nice fish display and giant quarantine section (I'm guessing several hundred gallons). One of the employees quickly showed it to me but they were so busy and I had my daughter. I might go back today to find out more - or tomorrow evening.

Because they are a local store, I always hope they do well. That's why I'm telling you. They also do nice things for my class.

I also ended up buying a bunch of zoa colonies that came in. I will be posting them up soon.
Old 11/15/2007, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

a large QT tank is a good investment for them. If they start Qt every fish that comes in and making sure they live for a bit then maybe the customers will have less die in our tanks. Well I am interested but still sceptical

Don't keep track of how much money you spend on your system. You will enjoy it much more that way :-)
Old 11/15/2007, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

what sort of snails and crabs did you end up getting? I wanted to head up there soon to pickup some astrea and emerald crabs and forgot what the prices were but they never answer the phone and have never called me back (you think it's because I leave 1 message every day for the last 2 weeks) LOL. regardless I have a frag of and elephant ear that has my name out in new port richey.
Old 11/15/2007, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Well good luck getting them to answer the phone. They never do. The prices have gone up alot since I have been going there so I don't know but they are still far if they live.

sorry about the last comment im still alittle........ about previous exsperiance with fish, but there inverts and corals have done fine for me.

Good luck

Don't keep track of how much money you spend on your system. You will enjoy it much more that way :-)
Old 11/15/2007, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

It's the same story at every shop. Everyone eventually gets used to it. Some experiences are great, some not so great. But, we all go back. We love this hobby. We want to find the diamond in the rough and are willing to search high and low for it. We just have to deal with the occasional bad taste that is left in our mouths and move on. It's worth it. It's what keeps us coming back. It's good fun. Enjoy!!
Old 11/15/2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

can someone give me directions from clearwater to the store ?
their hours and address would be kindly appreciated !
Old 11/15/2007, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Ha ha, what cmjreef said is so true. No matter if I hear a 100 people say that store XYZ is horrible and the customer services sucks, somehow I still find myself driving an hour to see "how bad it really is." And even when I do go and find out it really is bad, if I am driving by it or at least near it, I will probably stop in to just to see if they somehow got miraculously better.

This hobby really is an addiction.
Old 11/15/2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

gwaco they are open 12-6 every day, closed Wednesdays

6028 Pine Hill Rd in NPR.