Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/08/2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

ME!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 11/08/2007, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

You don't even know anything about college football, do you? You are just here for the page grab, aren't you? Pagetop hussy!

"If anyone offers you pigeon milk, say no thanks." - Fat Man.
Old 11/08/2007, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
lol because he is on your side.
well what did he say that you disagreed with?
Old 11/09/2007, 12:38 AM
Here comes the Gators

smleee, here's one for you. A nerd loves the opportunity when he gets to tutor a hot chick. However, he will never win...if you know what I'm talking about.

The WACK conference can play superior teams all day but their chances ain't that great.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!

Last edited by 55semireef; 11/09/2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11/09/2007, 12:47 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
well what did he say that you disagreed with?
You're implying I was disagreeing with him. For the most part I was agreeing with him. Treg was brought up some good points that no one had even yet mentioned. My point was though that you said it was the "most sense you had read on this thread" because he is helping your case. Sure he brings up valid points but it is about time an OSU fan can actually back up his case logically and in a calmly manner. I am still interested in what treg would have to say about the FLA/OSU massacre though.

Atleast we know a future slaughter is coming up ahead if both LSU/OSU win out. It won't be so "unexpected" this time. OSU fans should definately bring some tissues and pain killers to the game. And if your an OSU fan at home watching the game put some type of gaurd or protector around the tv so it doesn't end up shattered.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!

Last edited by 55semireef; 11/09/2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11/09/2007, 01:43 AM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
smleee, here's one for you. A nerd loves the opportunity when he gets to tutor a hot chick. However, he will never win...if you know what I'm talking about.
You're posting this at what time at night on a reef board? I guess we know how you got your "nerd" information.

Living the vida loca, eh?

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 11/09/2007, 02:11 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
You're posting this at what time at night on a reef board? I guess we know how you got your "nerd" information.

Living the vida loca, eh?

Kevin
Haha, twisting the sitauation is one of your best strengths eh?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/09/2007, 02:19 AM
667 (Evil and then some)

OSU = National Championship Game Rent-A-Victim

It's just a question of who gets to slap the "female dog" this year.
Old 11/09/2007, 02:33 AM
Here comes the Gators

LSU will if they win out.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/09/2007, 09:59 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Sure he brings up valid points but it is about time an OSU fan can actually back up his case logically and in a calmly manner. .

**Cough**Cough**GAG**Cough**GAG**

Interesting statement coming from an SEC fan
Old 11/09/2007, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

The WACK conference can play superior teams all day but their chances ain't that great.
Oh, but we did win!!! Don't like to talk about the past though, hopefully we can put up another good showing this year.
Old 11/09/2007, 01:29 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling

It's just a question of who gets to slap the "female dog" this year.
Tell that to the Miami Hurricanes.
Old 11/09/2007, 01:33 PM

If it ends up LSU and OSU I get to be a neutral observer this year cause I have a tradition of rooting against OSU but LSU's coach is a punk so....
Old 11/09/2007, 01:43 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg

Ohio has a lot of teams to spread the love with, Ohio, Bowling Green, Miami, Cincy, Toledo, Kent St, Akron, Youngstown St... I forget any?
They all want in, The colleges want in on the money and the kids want the chance to play in the Shoe!

It is true that Ohio State made a ten year commitment to play at least one in-state school a year.

Why? Because many of those atheletic departments were going broke and shutting down athletic programs left and right. This way the money stays in-state.

BUT, it is also true that Ohio State schedules teams like USC (2008, 2009), Texas (2005,2006), Washington (2003,2007), Texas Tech/Washington State (2002), UCLA (2001).

I am not aware of any school that schedules only top-ranked programs for their out of conference games.
Old 11/09/2007, 01:52 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
LSU and FLA should be able to make it in the big game with one loss considering the conference they play in. . FLA doesn't play highschool teams practically game after game like OSU does. I know it is not in your control but you have to understand OSU is still going to be ridiculed.
Are you kidding me?

OSU played Texas OOC last year (when then were ranked 2), as well as UM (also was ranked 2), and of course UF (ranked 2 at the time)....

I understand that we got defeated handily in that game, but Auburn also beat you guys. Does that mean Auburn was a superior team as well?

As far as "high school teams", are these powerhouses?

Western Kentucky
Troy (WHO?)
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt (HC)
Florida Atlantic
Southern Miss
UCF
Western Carolina
Old 11/09/2007, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Blah! Blah! Blah!
Nice spin move on the question you were confronted with.
Typical Grim Reefer gibberish reply, copy~paste Stats that my 7 year old can read from espn.com.
Do you even have an opinion of your own that someone else hasnt already written down somewhere?

In one breath you claim how bad the Big Ten is in Skills and OOC schedules, the next you give Oregon and Wash St. props for Scheduling Michigan and Wisky.

You say that Washing hasnt had a winning season in 4 years, Take a Guess when we scheduled them buddy.

OSU has and will continue to schedule these in state games. $$ talks man. Doesnt matter if you or I disagree with it, its going to continue...
Before these extra MAC games every year, we had a BI week. So which one is worse?

Bottom Line, This stuff right here is what makes College Football the most passionate sport in the country! Do you think these debates would go on for 16+ weeks year after year if all The Best teams in the SEC or Pac 10 played all the Best teams in the Big Ten or Big 12 in regular seaon games?? Hell No. Thats what Bowls Games or for!

Quote:
I am still interested in what treg would have to say about the FLA/OSU massacre though.
Trust me man, I wish I knew the answer to this one.
Not much I can say that I didnt say last year or that hasnt already been said by someone else...

Sure, 50 days off didnt really help us. Neither did losing Ginn or playing in the same bowl location 4 out of 5 years, or whatever...
Not that any of that matters much. Ohio State is so deep we shouldnt have missed Ginn at all.
That crowd was damn near a home game for us.

The way I see it, you guys got up for that game and played one of the best games you played all year. We had guys that could have cared less. Florida made tackles with no helmet while our QB laughed about getting sacked... Our play calling was horrible. When we finally did figure out what worked, we got away from in the very next series.

It sucked. Those guys were not the same Buckeyes we watched play all last year... I'm not takeing away anything from Florida, They were a better team then I thought and beat us hands down. But I would have paid good money to see that game played in the first week of december... I dont know what happened to our team over those 50 days off but I would have bet the farm back then that there wasnt a defense in the country that could hold that buckeye offense to 7 points!

Quote:
Ouch bro.

2005, a Dropped ball in the endzone cost us a win over the soon to be Texas National Champ team. Which to this day I still believe leads to the loss in happy valley later that year. In our bowl game, We crushed a ND team that almost took out #2 USC.

2006 we killed everyone we played until Michigan. 50 days later we played the worst game I think I've ever watched us play... 1 game took away any and all respect.

2007 Damn, here we are again. 10-0. But in a worse position we were before... This was suppose to be a regrouping year for 2008. Not a NC run! New QB. New ends. New receivers. New almost everything... Not near the experience we had last year.

We have one chane this year at getting that respect back, take these near rookie kids down to the big easy and defeat an LSU home team in the Nation Championship game. No other team will do it for us.

You know what guys, We might not win out and make it to that big game and We might not be able to win even if we get there... But you can bet your sweet As* it wont be another 27 point blowout.
Old 11/09/2007, 04:59 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBegalke
Are you kidding me?

OSU played Texas OOC last year (when then were ranked 2), as well as UM (also was ranked 2), and of course UF (ranked 2 at the time)....

I understand that we got defeated handily in that game, but Auburn also beat you guys. Does that mean Auburn was a superior team as well?

As far as "high school teams", are these powerhouses?

Western Kentucky
Troy (WHO?)
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt (HC)
Florida Atlantic
Southern Miss
UCF
Western Carolina
Rankings didn't matter at the time. Obviously Texas didn't deserve to be number 2 when OSU played them and UM didn't deserve to be number 2. The only exception of who you guys played is FLA who deserved to be number 1.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/09/2007, 11:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Treg
[B]Nice spin move on the question you were confronted with.
Typical Grim Reefer gibberish reply, copy~paste Stats that my 7 year old can read from espn.com.
Do you even have an opinion of your own that someone else hasnt already written down somewhere?

In one breath you claim how bad the Big Ten is in Skills and OOC schedules, the next you give Oregon and Wash St. props for Scheduling Michigan and Wisky.

You say that Washing hasnt had a winning season in 4 years, Take a Guess when we scheduled them buddy.

OSU has and will continue to schedule these in state games. $$ talks man. Doesnt matter if you or I disagree with it, its going to continue...
Before these extra MAC games every year, we had a BI week. So which one is worse?

Bottom Line, This stuff right here is what makes College Football the most passionate sport in the country! Do you think these debates would go on for 16+ weeks year after year if all The Best teams in the SEC or Pac 10 played all the Best teams in the Big Ten or Big 12 in regular seaon games?? Hell No. Thats what Bowls Games or for!

"Ohio State OCC
Youngstown St. 6-4 in Division 1 AA
Akron 4-6 in the MAC
Washington 3-6 In the Pac Ten with 1 conference win. Hasn't had a winning record since 2003
Kent 3-6 Last place in the MAC

The only OOC opponent OSU faces with a winning record is a 1-AA team

Oregon OOC games:
Houston 6-3 Leads Conf. USA west
Fresno State 6-3 3rd in the WAC
Michigan 8-2

Houston has only lost to Oregon, East Carolina and Alabama.
Fresno State Has lost to Oregon, Texas A&M and Boise State
Michigan lost to App State and Oregon.

Not only does Oregons OCC opponents have better records, they play much better teams than OSU's Victims."

If your 7 year old son can read the stats on ESPN he must be a lot smarter than you Cut and paste? I wish.

Whatever the motivation most the teams in the Ten load up on rent a victims. Oregon and Wash St. get props for scheduling games against teams like Wisky because they are a BCS conference team. That means it is a program that has the resources to usually field a team that is competitive in division 1A. With the exception of Minnesota, Duke, Syracuse and Iowa State even the crappiest BCS conference teams beat all or at least a majority of their non BCS foes, let alone division 1AA teams

By the way, every team in the Pac Ten plays a minimum of 9 BCS teams every season, Any team in the Big Ten that can make that claim?

Last edited by The Grim Reefer; 11/10/2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11/10/2007, 02:38 AM
Here comes the Gators

Based off what Treg is saying, it sounds like Ohio doesn't have a whole lot of funds with their state football teams.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/10/2007, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Ohio State has it, Everyone else wants it...

Semi, I dont know how it is at Florida but Just to give you an idea.

The Shoe seats 105,000 people. To even have the rights to buy season tickets to the 7 home games a year, you have to make a minimum anual $1,500 donation to join the Buckeye club or $2,500 donation to join the Presidents club. Then pay the $840 for the pair of season tickets.

All 105k seats are sold to students, faculity and season ticket holders ear year. There are no single ticket sales.

I took my wife to the Wisconsin game and we paid $300 for 2 Student tickets that needed a Buck ID to get it.
Old 11/10/2007, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

Grim loves the spin to hide the hater in him.
I love how he listed the opponents and totally twisted it his way.
Treg...if you want to see a couple pages back I listed the cupcakes that PAC and SEC and Big 12 scheduled this year.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 11/10/2007, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Semi....you are getting a local stud next year.
Brendan Beal from Liberty High School right down the road from me. Not sure how he'll pan out as he sometimes has awesome games and sometimes, blah.
But he is a great athlete with size and speed. 6'2"-240lbs., 4.48 40yd.(white)

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 11/10/2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by E-A-G-L-E-S
Grim loves the spin to hide the hater in him.
I love how he listed the opponents and totally twisted it his way.
Treg...if you want to see a couple pages back I listed the cupcakes that PAC and SEC and Big 12 scheduled this year.
You can't spin facts, that is why you can't refute my evidence with anything but a personal attack
Old 11/10/2007, 12:08 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg
Ohio State has it, Everyone else wants it...

All 105k seats are sold to students, faculity and season ticket holders ear year. There are no single ticket sales.

That's not exactly true.

Some go to the band(s), color guard/military/police/first aid/emergency personal, journalists/photographers, guests of the university, and the opposing school for sale.
Old 11/10/2007, 12:12 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
Based off what Treg is saying, it sounds like Ohio doesn't have a whole lot of funds with their state football teams.

They don't. Many of them were/are losing money, yet Ohio State has the largest athletic department budget of any school (109m a year).

This is why we play at least one in-state school a year.

WSJ - OSU Budget