Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/19/2007, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 10/19/2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxpipedreamxx
I'm starting to feel better about myself as well No one except members of my family, ie: dad, grandpa, brothers, told me to lose weight. I believe one of my eldest brothers said "You weigh how much?! You're a butterball!" That was it, I went on a diet, LOL.
yeah, my wife has always gotten a lot of flack from her father and grandfather about her weight. It really upsets her. And when she gets upset with them, who do you think has to make her feel better and pick up the peices? Yours truly. I have wanted to choke my father in law so many times. I am happy to make her feel better, but I hate having to see her upset. Its a tough spot because I cant get in the middle of it. So I try to be really sensitive about ever implying anything to do with her weight.
Old 10/19/2007, 01:57 PM
Clownfish Crazy

Cubman, I am sure my husband feels the same way as you. I am afraid to leave he and my father alone together.

Reeferoo, sure go play in the pool! It's fun, you get a tan, and lose a bit of weight. Alcohol is a big BIG no no. I have had maybe one drink in months and months whereas I did drink with my husband pretty regularly. I also don't just sit on the couch now. Sure, I may still sit here when I am tired and want to watch a show online, but I make a point of getting up and cleaning, then keeping myself busy throughout the day with a few one hour breaks here and there. Cheese is one of my biggest weaknesses with garlic cheesy bread following close behind. I would be happy to eat 5 huge blocks of cheese at one time and still want more, no joke. I haven't had any though in a couple of months. I have stuck to my diet like glue and anyone here would attest to that.
Old 11/03/2007, 12:54 PM
Clownfish Crazy

Today I have dropped to 142.5 pounds. That is 17 pounds lost total!
Old 11/03/2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

congrats! I never saw this thread until today... I used to weigh almost 200 at my heaviest (and that was highschool!)

I went totally beserk in my early twentys and got down to a size 6, sometimes a four! (never ever weighed myself, only measured in inches)

eventually i stopped being insane, but it lead to a huge exersize addiction. I eat whatever i want now and exersize 6 days a week (spinning, areobics ect, i hate machines!!) and im a normal size 8. yeah!!

It inspired my obese mom to go from 250's to 110. shes a treadmiller...

loseing weight rocks!!!

oh, stay away from blocks of cheese! my buddy ate two in vermont.. and after about 5 days had to go to the doctor and have it manually removed!!! ewwww

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 11/03/2007, 04:08 PM
Clownfish Crazy

Cheese is my weekness but I have not had any in three months now. Tomorrow is my 3 month mark for my diet. It is too hard for me to be able to go to a gym for exercise and I am rather fond of my diet now. I crave my healthy meals and my shakes and such now. It's weird how you go from craving Taco Bell to craving wheat, LOL.
Old 11/03/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

yes it is! lol and the sugar addiction goes away. my mom ggets physicly sick from fastfood now

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 11/04/2007, 12:09 AM
Clownfish Crazy

The thought of even eating fast food now is sickening to me. I eat any amount of "normal" fattening or otherwise unhealthy food and have to choke down vomit. It isn't pretty, lol.
Old 11/04/2007, 08:25 AM
B'rer Reefer

Congratulations on your continued progress. I'm doing Nutri-Systems myself; down about 17 pounds in 3 months. Trying to lose 15 more by spring but here come the Holidays .
Old 11/04/2007, 10:02 AM
Where the future begins!

Congrats PipeDream!!!

I've managed to drop down to 155lbs. That's about 15 pounds total that I've lost so far. Unfortunately for me, I always lose the weight in my chest (not my boobs) before I start to lose elsewear. So, needless to say, here I am... butt, thighs, belly.... with ribs sticking out of my sides and chest. Hopefully my legs will start to lose it now.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”
Old 11/04/2007, 10:43 AM
Clownfish Crazy

I lose it there and in my legs first. I can see ribs, but I still have a belly too, LOL. What gives with the female body huh? Congrats to you guys too!

Holidays shouldn't be bad for me at all since I probably won't be traveling home. Oh well, I will see what happens when they get closer.
Old 12/16/2007, 03:17 PM
Clownfish Crazy

I wanted to let everyone know that I am at an even 133 pounds right now. I still plan on dropping more weight, maybe fifteen more pounds or so.