Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/29/2007, 06:48 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Need suggestions lighting 37 gallon cube

I was thinking of getting a 24” 250 WATT OUTORBIT HQI/HO 4 X T5 STRIP OR the CORALIFE PRO 250 watt with 2 PC attinics, Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5/Metal Halide Combo Series

any other suggestions will be cool. I would love to get sfigloi's but cant affored thousand dollar 24" lighting...

Charles-

" Charles V "

Last edited by delsol650; 10/29/2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

i haven't been around long enough, but a lot of the tanks i have seen in the last few years have been an MH combo of some form. just my humble opinion.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:23 PM
Premium Member

Yo Charles, no personal experience on this one, but a Lumenarc mini should work pretty well on a cube tank. You might be able to figure out a sungle lumenarc with some kind of t5 supplementation.
Old 10/29/2007, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

I think a luminarc mini would be cool too.
I've got the oceanic 37 with a SE 250w MH and supplement it for a few hrs with some vhos. It looks pretty good. You'll have to see how evaporation is if you add a ton of light. It probably will be nothing compared to your old bigger tank.
Old 10/29/2007, 10:44 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Damm right herman... You got pics on that 37 set up? I was thinking about going 250 watt luminarc mini but need supplemental attinics, which is why I was looking at MH/T5 combos.... with DE's.

I'm not planning to put a canopy either... this is going to be an open top except for my net.

Dave, this tank will be more decked out with Electronics that my 100gal. Planning to hook up the big Calk reactor, Pinpoint pH controller, AC Jr, auto topoff etc...

" Charles V "
Old 10/30/2007, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

i like this setup

T5HO, 8 bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-lamp-2-foot-T5...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10/30/2007, 12:47 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

Hmmm.. that look great for growing some natural " cough cough " herbs... but doubt it can handle the tolarences with a reef system

" Charles V "
Old 10/30/2007, 01:13 AM
Registered Member

just put your own bulbs in...or overdrive with icecaps. it's cheap enough just for the enclosure, end caps, reflectors.

sunlight supply stuff is all for agriculture/hydroponics too.
Old 10/31/2007, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

Don't have lots of pics of my tank. Here's one I took recently.

Old 11/01/2007, 12:11 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

looks sweet Herman....

" Charles V "