Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/29/2007, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

How is it stealing if the fish went carpet surfing??

There was no purchase made, no transaction processed. Unless I missed something.

**Checks busted focal aide devices**
Old 10/29/2007, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aiko670
We all have one...

Now with that said it's time for me to break out the prescriptions.....

Wow, page four and hasn't gotten shut down.... Unbelievable.....
i think because everyone is just posting views and not bashing :-) friggin sweet
Old 10/29/2007, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pasion
How is it stealing if the fish went carpet surfing??

There was no purchase made, no transaction processed. Unless I missed something.

**Checks busted focal aide devices**

sssshhhhhh
Old 10/29/2007, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

It would be conspiracy to steal.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 10/29/2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

stealing is one of the ten commandments :-)
Old 10/29/2007, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pufferpunk
Speak for yourself. That lost $$$ has to come out of the cashier's pocket.
If it didn't get rung up hows it coming out the cashiers pocket?

Just because they say you can't do it doesn't mean you can't prove them wrong.
Old 10/29/2007, 09:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bignick
If it didn't get rung up hows it coming out the cashiers pocket?
"I shot and missed, she's still alive, so how did I do anything wrong?"

I am not judging what this person did or attempted to do, as I have done far worse, but I am alarmed by the blase attitude of some regarding the "stick it to them if you can" and the "getting even" for the theoretical "stores stick it to patrons when they can, so we should stick it to them when we can." It's very alarming, in all sincerity.

I am generally of the belief that people are good. I want to believe that the people that I post here with every day are good people. I sometimes forget that there can be turds in every punch bowl.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 10/29/2007, 09:12 PM
OT Slaughter House

You just ruined punch for me....

Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die, and don't forget real men have their own balls. (Tonya?) Spay and neuter your pets.
Old 10/29/2007, 09:28 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

I know that I was one of the people that didnt like what Musho did but I am now sorry that this got to page 5. This is getting crazy. What he did was dishonest but it isnt that important. Can somebody please hijack this trainwreck. Hasnt anybody bought something new lately? I know I just got a great carpet anemone from Ladipyg. I am at work so I cant take a pic.
Come on guys, lets move on.
BTW, next time I have someone over to the house on a coral trade or purchase, I will be watching you very closely because of this thread. Dont think for a second that you can get something over on me.
Peace out

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 10/29/2007, 09:28 PM
Male Gigolo

Quote:
Originally posted by jglackin

I am not judging what this person did or attempted to do, as I have done far worse, but I am alarmed by the blase attitude of some regarding the "stick it to them if you can" and the "getting even" for the theoretical "stores stick it to patrons when they can, so we should stick it to them when we can." It's very alarming, in all sincerity.

I am generally of the belief that people are good. I want to believe that the people that I post here with every day are good people. I sometimes forget that there can be turds in every punch bowl.
I don't think that was the idea behind the post you quoted.

I just don't understand how its cynical or your trying to *stick it* to someone when they tell you a price. He didn't intentionally try and rip someone off, he didn't go into the store trying to screw anyone.

You should watch us all Engine 7, were all out to rip you off. Because if you sell me something that is cheaper then what it should be, I wont be telling you. Beware.
Old 10/29/2007, 09:29 PM
Pufferkrazy!

Quote:
nope, other employees came trying to see what happened, the guy took it out of the salt, it wasnt moving, threw it away.
That's too bad. I've found many a "dead" fish I ws able to revive by placing back in it's tank & moving it back & forth to get O2 across it's gills.

I just came back form Dominicks. Bought some grapes, among other things. Didn't even check the price sticker. The cashier didn't have to but told me to go back & geet another one, they were buy one, get one free. She certainly didn't have to do that. Another cashier there found my wallet in the parking lot & called me to return it. That's the 3rd time my wallet had been returned w/all the credit cards intact. That's kharma.
Old 10/29/2007, 09:32 PM
Male Gigolo

Maybe you should worry about your wallet instead of Karma. You might not lose it then. o)

I lost my wallet when I was fishing 3 months back. Went missing for 3 week. Showed up at work one day in Orland Park. I live in Plainfield. Everything was still there, including my signed, un-cashed check.

Guess karma doesn't hold grudges eh?
Old 10/29/2007, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pufferpunk
That's too bad. I've found many a "dead" fish I ws able to revive by placing back in it's tank & moving it back & forth to get O2 across it's gills.

I just came back form Dominicks. Bought some grapes, among other things. Didn't even check the price sticker. The cashier didn't have to but told me to go back & geet another one, they were buy one, get one free. She certainly didn't have to do that. Another cashier there found my wallet in the parking lot & called me to return it. That's the 3rd time my wallet had been returned w/all the credit cards intact. That's kharma.
did you buy a lotto ticket?
Old 10/29/2007, 10:01 PM
Frag-a-holic

Jenny, I think you need a chain wallet! Next time you might not be so lucky. Ok, in this instance, put yourself on the other side, you find the wallet and return it. Are you expecting something in return?

Save a reef, trade a frag!
Old 10/29/2007, 10:03 PM
Pufferkrazy!

Of course not! But those are the reasons I feel the need to try my best to be honest in other situations, even if no one's looking.
Old 10/29/2007, 10:08 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sellout007
I don't think that was the idea behind the post you quoted.

I just don't understand how its cynical or your trying to *stick it* to someone when they tell you a price. He didn't intentionally try and rip someone off, he didn't go into the store trying to screw anyone.
My post wasn't directed solely at the person I was quoting. My post was about the general attitude by many in the 5 pages of this string that seem to feel that they are morally justified to keep quiet and take advantage of a business when they are fully aware that an employee is making a pricing mistake during a purchase or an arithmetic mistake when returning change. It's alarming, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by sellout007
When you know that the price they give you is not the true price and it is a honest pricing mistake and you stay hush so you can take advantage of that mistake, it is a sad demonstration of your character. If you don't see that, there is really not much that you and I can discuss contructively about this topic. We should stick to talking about frags and fish and agree to disagree.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 10/29/2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

WOW...

114 posts... 1600 plus views and still going..

how's the fish doing by the way... i heard he was resurected and for sale again.. 50"% off.. labled a jumper

... yep i cant spell still
Old 10/29/2007, 10:17 PM
OT GODFATHER

MODS, please DO NOT close this thread...

it has been giving me good reading material and great laughs...
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 10/29/2007, 10:23 PM
CMAS Member!

This thread can not be closed as long as if stays on topic, right???
Old 10/29/2007, 10:25 PM
The Puppy Mill Police

Quote:
Originally posted by jglackin

Yeah, I still miss my ex. But my aim is steadily improving.
Old 10/29/2007, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandeGixxer
Jenny, I think you need a chain wallet! Next time you might not be so lucky. Ok, in this instance, put yourself on the other side, you find the wallet and return it. Are you expecting something in return?
great question
i say no but if it was my wallet i would feel obligated to give something
Old 10/29/2007, 10:26 PM
OT GODFATHER

Squirt is giving away frags tonight!!!!

I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 10/29/2007, 10:27 PM
Pufferkrazy!

I would have, but all 3 times the cash was missing.
Old 10/29/2007, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by craftytony
Squirt is giving away frags tonight!!!!

again?
Old 10/29/2007, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

were beating a dead horse here guys... Im done with it, i said what i needed to say, ive seen what ive done wrong, and i will try to change it (somehow....) you can continue if you want but, im done posting on this thread.

Hello, how much is that fish?
No its not, its 29.99, im reporting you.

Should i have done that? I would probably get bashed for being rude

Hello, how much is that fish?
I thought it was 29.99, the label over there says so. Is it on sale?
No.
Ok so what price am i meant to pay
Let me ask *insert name here*

Im guessing i should do that

Im not going to report him, let him do what he wants, old orchard said i should apply when im 16, but make sure i keep up good grades and know a lot about the hobby, they said they only hire the best. Doesnt seem like that does it? Hiring lazy workers who put perfectly good fish in dangerous conditions. If i am to go back there again which i probably will since it just really close by... (a mile away) i'll see how it is. If im still disgusted by employees, i will report. But i will keep to myself and not share my thoughts or sights, in case it turns out to be like this again. No ones perfect, but everyone can change.

I believe in karma but i dont believe karma will affect other innocent things, unless the fish had some bad karma, but lets not get too religious.

Last edited by Musho3210; 10/29/2007 at 10:38 PM.