Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/27/2007, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

Just thought I would share about our Doggy ....

Everyone say a prayer. Our st. bernard had a leg amputated yesterday because of osteosarcoma (bone cancer). It is a terminal illness but with several rounds of chemo you can halt the progression sometimes a year or more. We are in Knoxville and will get to see her for the first time today.......trying to prepare myself..........
Old 10/27/2007, 08:28 AM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear that Julie. I'll say a prayer for sure.
Old 10/27/2007, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

Hang in there Julie. You all are in my prayers.

Norman
Old 10/27/2007, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

THANKS guys.....
sitting in the hotel room in Knoxville, we had the surgery done at UT....she will start chemo in a couple of weeks.....I did get a call she walked this morning some unassisted, but has a little trouble getting up from laying down. She will have to get stronger, but she is soooo sweet and a fighter....I will get to go see her in about 2 hours.....the minutes are ticking by......if you think my fish are spoiled, you have seen NUTHIN'!!
Old 10/27/2007, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Very sorry. Love dogs. Wish you all the best during this difficult time.
Old 10/27/2007, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Oh that poor baby....Sorry to hear that Julie, knock on wood that my dog's been healthy so far, except the Chihuahua have some internal issues I think. Need to ask the vet when I bring him in next time. But good luck with yours!!!!!!!!
Old 10/27/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Molly did GREAT today! We will be bringing her home tomorrow afternoon. She hobbled with a bit of support outside and we hung out on the grass for some time. It was nice to see her up....kind of shocking being since it was just yesterday morning they did the surgery...crazy how fast they get them up.....
Old 10/28/2007, 08:00 AM
Premium Member

wow, that was fast! Glad to hear she was out on the grass and getting that fresh air. I know you are relieved & I pray the Chemo will do what it is intended to do.

Norman
Old 10/28/2007, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

I know it must be hard on ya ll being strong for her but hang in there she sounds like she has alot of love to give still..I know how you feel they are great at UT..took my dog there once..just baby her and be close for now is what I did and she will be heerself before you know it..dogs rule..
Old 10/29/2007, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

that's tough man...good thoughts to you & Molly
Old 10/29/2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

How is Molly? Poor thing, she is Sooo sweet! I bet she will never miss it within a few weeks. I have seen many 3 legged dogs living a great life. I just hope it gets it all and the chemo does its thing. BTW Closed on the land today... Be neighbors within a year

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name
Old 10/30/2007, 02:06 PM
MTRC Treas

ahh there goes the neighborhood
Old 11/02/2007, 05:05 AM
Catch and release

I'm sorry to hear that Julie
I wish I would have caught this earlier.....I could have walked over to that side of the building to say hi.
good luck and God bless, Chris
Old 11/02/2007, 05:22 AM
Premium Member

I saw Molly yesterday. She's doing pretty well. Getting up and moving around okay, although she is a bit shy after all that has happened to her.
Old 11/02/2007, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

thanks for stopping here Jack, It was fun to see another person! I have been in the house for days!! It was nice to go back to my teaching last night also. Molly is doing good for a couple hours with us away but when we return she is anxiously awaiting for us. She is really getting up more now and going down the back ramp on her own to go potty....I shall post a few pics in a moment!!