Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/24/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Anyone have a 220g Perfecto RR Tank?

I am looking for someone that has a 220g Perfecto Reef Ready tank with the corner overflows. I am in the process of building a stand for the tank (do not have the tank yet!) and would like to know where the overflow holes are located on the bottom....3" in from each corner...4" in from each corner....ect. I want to be sure I do not put a support beam directly under where the plumbing will need to go! Any info will help!
thanks!
Old 10/25/2007, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

when you say perfecto whats that mean, i have a 220 with corner overflows, setting empty in my garage, do you need me to go look for something for you,
Old 10/25/2007, 06:53 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

I have one. i just measured for you. Its 8.5" in from each corner.

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 10/25/2007, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Engine! Can you tell me how far in from the edge (back of the tank) Example would be 8.5" in from corner, and 2" in from the back of the tank....to the edge of the hole, not the center. I want to be sure not to have a support piece in the way!
thanks!
Old 10/25/2007, 09:11 PM
Master of Funk

Quote:
Originally posted by Engine 7
I have one. i just measured for you. Its 8.5" in from each corner.
That doesn't sound right to me. I believe the over flow weir itself is probably 8.5 x 8.5 in from each side, but the actual holes are in a completely different location. If the perfecto is anything like my AGA, there is not enough room to double a 2 x piece of lumber and still get a bulkhead through the hole.

IMO building the stand without the tank or real good measurements of a tank is a bad idea. I say this because I had my 180 on hand and I still had to re-engineer my stand as I built it...several times.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:36 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

Oh, holes. Right. Sorry. I misread. The holes are 2.5" and 5" in from side and back so leave at least 5" in from each side. i thaught you meant total overflow.

If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 10/25/2007, 09:51 PM
Master of Funk

ahhaaaa! I knew it!

BTW Engine, my favorite poem by Jack Handey... "Sometimes, when I see and old woman slip and fall on a wet sidewalk my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant and she fell on me? Then maybe it wouldn't be so funny".
Old 10/26/2007, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

Will this help

If not i will measure tommorow,
Old 10/26/2007, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

Old 10/26/2007, 05:26 AM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

Quote:
Originally posted by poppin_fresh
ahhaaaa! I knew it!

BTW Engine, my favorite poem by Jack Handey... "Sometimes, when I see and old woman slip and fall on a wet sidewalk my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant and she fell on me? Then maybe it wouldn't be so funny".
HEHEHEHE

Old 10/26/2007, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

YES, Lion and Engine, thanks for the information. I would rather build the stand with the tank in hand...but it is about 350lbs dry, so I would rather just have the guys help me put it on the stand when we bring it home, vs. getting them all over again just to put it on the stand. sounds like I only have enough room for a single 2 x 4 or 2 x 6, good to know because I was considering doubling it up. Nice pics Lion, is that the plumbing that Perfecto included...or is that your own?
thanks!
Old 10/26/2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

I have the same tank...many pics on my website on how I built the stand where I put the studs and how I cut the holes.

I actually had the LFS get me a schematic of the layout before I even had the tank...wonder if I can still find it? If so, I'll post it.

BTW...my two favorites.

1) Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, I guess that's why several of us died of tuberculosis.

2) If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let em go, cause man, there gone.

I got my kids 529 plan invested right outside my living room wall...red house shows all.
Old 10/26/2007, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

GREAT! Thanks!
Old 10/26/2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

SVTour: Could you PM me the link to your website also?
Old 10/26/2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

his lil red house!
Old 10/26/2007, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Thnaks Lion...BTW, was the footprint of the tank exactly 72" x 24" including the trip pieces? Saw that SVTour used pink foam and wondered if it was like my AGA I have now where the bottom is actually raised up a bit and only the outer rim touches the stand..also Lion, could you post a few more pics of the bottom of the tank?
thanks!
Old 10/26/2007, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Footprint is actually 72 and 1/2" X 24 and 3/8"

For the record, I used the pink foam just incase I was off in my stand being level. By all measures with the level it was in spec...but figured a little extra help in making it perfect would be best.

I wish I still had the schematic on the holes...I got it from Prefecto though, you could always give them a call if you need it.

I got my kids 529 plan invested right outside my living room wall...red house shows all.
Old 10/26/2007, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

SV- You mentioned in your website it was a marineland tank....does marineland make perfecto?