Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/23/2007, 09:40 PM
sweeeet!!

Where to find Nori??

None of the stores in this arctic tundra that I live in seem to have or even heard of Nori. I can only find it on eBay, but simply don't trust that place. Any suggestions??

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 10/23/2007, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

grow your own.

how you been.current tank,430 in-wall.got any pics?
Old 10/23/2007, 09:53 PM
sweeeet!!

Hey Paul, how's the life in Lake Okeechobee?? Florida was too hot for us so we moved. 430g total volume. Still plumbing. Totally waiting on the electrical contractor to come and wire. After that, it tank time!! I am probably going to downsize a little bit and try to keep it simple. Click on my red house for details and pics.

EDIT: Ever sell that boat??

Old 10/23/2007, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Cub Foods has it. Usually in the "International Foods" section (or w/e they are calling it these days) with the rest of the "Oriental" foods. I assume there aren't any sushi bars in TRF, so you are out of luck there.

Cheers,
Marty
Old 10/23/2007, 11:49 PM
Hydrophilic

Ask a local asian/sushi restaurant if you can buy some off of them. They get the stuff in Large quantities.

Have Some Personal Accountability
Old 10/24/2007, 07:44 AM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by Hormigaquatica
Ask a local asian/sushi restaurant if you can buy some off of them. They get the stuff in Large quantities.
I guess you'd have to know the area. Two Chinese restaurants but I doubtr they dabble in nori. I may order online.

BTW Fish'InMN, I don't think we have a Cub Foods. I have tried the ASian section at Wal-Mart and Hugo's. Hugo's said they may start to carry it since they have had other requests.

Old 10/24/2007, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Do you have a Meijer food store? That's where I buy mine.
Old 10/24/2007, 12:06 PM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by Michelle L
Do you have a Meijer food store? That's where I buy mine.
Dude, I grew up in Michigan and lived in Indiana for many years. If there was a Meijer's within 50 miles of me, I'd go. My wife and I went to visit Meijers when we went home to Michigan last year. I muss that store and only have Wal-Mart and two local grocers.

No Meijers around here unfortunately. To prove that I am a Meijer fan, I remember when they used to have the "Play Center" in the middle of the store....and the "original" .01 cent horse rides as well as "the Purple Cow" that served Blue Moon ice cream. I'm a fan for sure!!

Trivia: Meijer sold shoes when I was younger called MTA Pro's. Anybody know what the MTA stands for??

Old 10/24/2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

If you don't find any for a reasonable price online, I can buy you a 100 pack and ship it to you. 100 packs here in KC are about 12 bucks.
Old 10/24/2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

I am from Mi aswell, but I dont remember any of that in my meijer's
Old 10/25/2007, 08:27 AM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by Goby1kenobe
I am from Mi aswell, but I dont remember any of that in my meijer's
The nori or the other stuff I mentioned?? If it is the other stuff I mentioned, I have just dated myself. How old are you currently?? Tha may play a role in the whole thing. What part of Michigan are you from??

Quote:
by jda
If you don't find any for a reasonable price online, I can buy you a 100 pack and ship it to you. 100 packs here in KC are about 12 bucks.
PM me with your info please and how much I will owe you. I may take you up on that. Thanks!!

Old 10/25/2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr James
Dude, I grew up in Michigan and lived in Indiana for many years. If there was a Meijer's within 50 miles of me, I'd go. My wife and I went to visit Meijers when we went home to Michigan last year. I muss that store and only have Wal-Mart and two local grocers.

No Meijers around here unfortunately. To prove that I am a Meijer fan, I remember when they used to have the "Play Center" in the middle of the store....and the "original" .01 cent horse rides as well as "the Purple Cow" that served Blue Moon ice cream. I'm a fan for sure!!

Trivia: Meijer sold shoes when I was younger called MTA Pro's. Anybody know what the MTA stands for??
You just gave me my chuckle for the day! Isn't it funny how people can remember the funniest things about their favorite stores?? Before they built one here in my town, I used to drive over an hour just to get a certain brand of spicy pickles that they carried. That was only in the late 90's, so I don't remember the things that you do, but I will always equate Meijer with those spicy pickles.
Old 10/25/2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

I don't remember any of the otherstuff, I do think the horse was still a penny. I am from Holly and am 29.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:02 PM
sweeeet!!

Mt. Holly. Sure. I know the area. Meijers used to be called Meijer Thrifty Acres. Hence the answer to the question above. Anyway, I am 36 and maybe that was possibly before your time?!? I barely remember the play center, but I will never forget Blue Moon Ice Cream....Yummy!!

And Michelle, sorry to call you dude. I just caught myself. Glad I could help with the chuckle!!

Old 10/26/2007, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Lol, I remember the "thrifty acres", Blue moon is the best. Where in mi are you from? I take it you design for artic cat?
Old 10/26/2007, 09:20 PM
sweeeet!!

I grew up in DeWitt, a small town just on the north side of Lansing, MI. I went to school and worked in Detroit before moving. And yes, I am a Plastics Designer at Arctic Cat in the Snowmobile division.