Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/10/2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Bad experience with Reefermadness

I have to say that up until a few weeks after my deal them everything was OK. I ordered a "hand picked" RBTA and they claim on their site that what you see is what you get. The bad part is I saw the same picture of the anemone I bought weeks ago listed again. Same picture, I mean I examined every square centimeter of the picture and it is identical. I e-mailed their support address to ask for an explanation and never heard back.
(going to update homepage soon!)
Old 10/10/2007, 07:29 PM
Moved On

they don't say WYSIWYG on the nems, it even had 'XX Available' under the pic when they have more then one, i look at that page about every day
Old 10/10/2007, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10945948#post10945948 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JetCat USA
they don't say WYSIWYG on the nems, it even had 'XX Available' under the pic when they have more then one, i look at that page about every day
this is true...now if it were montys hand picked, i'd be upset
Old 10/10/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

It was one of Monty's hand picked items and cost me a pretty buck. There was nothing that said more that one was available!
Old 10/10/2007, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

This is what it says:
"These items are hand-picked and are the actual coral available. They are not representations."

They even have it now!
http://www.reefermadness.us/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=835

I have that exact picture when I bought it. Am I missing something here?
Old 10/10/2007, 08:53 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by romanr
This is what it says:
"These items are hand-picked and are the actual coral available. They are not representations."

Sorry a E quad isn't a coral and if you'll check the page daily you'll see when they have multiples they'll have under them the qty available, such as:

http://i23.tinypic.com/34y21iq.jpg

so why now would the fact that you bought one and was happy with it for a few weeks (said so yourself in the first post) all of a sudden make you not happy with it because they use the same pic for all of them??
Old 10/10/2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

I never said I was unhappy with my nem, I said I wasn't happy with the vendor. Where on Monty's hand picked page does it say that there is more that one and that if it's a nem it does not qualify, why list it in the hand picked page? And to know their policy I have to check their page daily! You make no sense. My claim is that they made a misrepresentation and I challenge anyone to show me otherwise besides JetCat. It doesn't matter, I will never do business with them because of this. I thought others would want to know, like someone in the market for a nem who might think that this http://www.reefermadness.us/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=835 is a one of a kind.
Old 10/10/2007, 10:07 PM
Moved On

if you bothered to look at the pic i linked to it's a screen capture from the hand picked page as of the time of that post, i circled all the 'XX available' on the page, it changes daily as people order and they get things in. the nems are the same as those items, one pic does it all, they all look pretty much identical except size. on corals it's a completely different story
Old 10/10/2007, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

As I said my nem, the one I ordered DID NOT say anything about any quantity but the assumed ONE. Are you saying I'm lying? Why would I make this up? Am I just not that bright that I should be buying stuff?
Old 10/10/2007, 10:34 PM
Moved On

I'll try to type this really slow so you can follow along. Chris hand picked XX number of nems, if the selections are there he'll have more then one, if they aren't he may only have the one. the numbers change DAILY, if you go buy the ricordia that are circled in the above pic, the number will decline by the number you buy, amazingly enough the pic stays EXACTLY the same, does he have 7 in stock that have the two mouths EXACTLY like the one in the pic, NO and you'd be a fool to think otherwise.

you ordered the nem, you got the nem in and you were happy with it, so happy in fact you went back to their site to look at possibly buying more from them but then you see a pic that is the same pic of the super rare one of a kind not another one like it in the world nem you thought you had in your tank so you get all ticked off and goto emailing them and posting here bad mouthing them............what are you wanting them to do to make you happy?? come on thats the real point here isn't it, you want something for nothing out of them isn't it???
Old 10/10/2007, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Kris runs a great ship at reefermadness. If there are any issues just contact him and let him know what they are. I know he'll make good on anything your unhappy about. He always does. Give it a shot.
Old 10/11/2007, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

I e-mailed them and got no reply. I want nothing from them but I do want to alert people of the misrepresentation. If the nems aren't the actual one you get then it should be plainly written on the page. You shouldn't have to make all these assumptions. Something like: "This item in the hand picked section is not the actual picture, more than one is available." There was nothing like that in the "hand picked" page. I was looking for 3 of these, had I known there were more "like" anemones I would have order more but it didn't say anything like that. I may be slow but I feel cheated and will never do business with them again. Hopefully others will read this thread and make up their own minds about this. JetCat, you are doing no one a service here. An objective person would have said something like: "I can see how you would have made that assumption, Kris is a good friend and runs a nice ship and I'm sure that wasn't his intention" All I want is for this to not happen to anyone else. Apparently you seem to think that I'm just too slow.
Old 10/11/2007, 06:07 AM
Garbologist

This is a silly conversation.

closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."