Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Delaware Reef Club (DRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/09/2007, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

The fish bowl

When i get done with my cdcs i think im gonna try and work at the fish bowl and clean it up. What do you guys think? Lets say i can get a job in there what would you guys suggest i do to help out in there...other then fire the owner and stick her in a room smaller then a jail cell and leave her with minimal air lol. I really wanna try and get in there get a good place for people to come and get fish. Especially somethign close. ne ideas?
Old 09/09/2007, 10:46 PM
Delaware Reef Club & DVRC

I personally wouldn't work there because I would be helping the owner out. Besides just imagine when she gives someone horrible advice on the day your off and they come back and yell at you the next day. The lady obviously does not care. I don't know how she can bring herself into work year after year. Killing countless numbers of animals.
Old 09/10/2007, 12:46 PM
Premium Member

i live near there she could use some good help to start redo all the salt tanks
Old 09/10/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

get them a good r/o di prefiltration unit. up to date high end skimmer on the fish system,re-do the reef tanks.
Old 09/10/2007, 09:04 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Kerosene.
Old 09/11/2007, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gordonious
I personally wouldn't work there because I would be helping the owner out. Besides just imagine when she gives someone horrible advice on the day your off and they come back and yell at you the next day. The lady obviously does not care. I don't know how she can bring herself into work year after year. Killing countless numbers of animals.
well thats part of the reason i would wanna work there...to give people good advice...i know im a newb myself but every little bit helps...and besides im sure u guys (and girls) would love a store u could go to near by and order stuff...via me of course..and maybe turn the store around the best i possibly could...and yes i know shes a fricken bum and is killing fish thats why she needs someone in there that cares...the last time i was in there i was disgusted..i couldnt belive it...well see what happens
Old 09/11/2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jocephus
Kerosene.
and start all over i agree lol
Old 09/11/2007, 04:49 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Josh, I think it's a great idea. I'd love to open a store, but I make peanuts. Maybe after I hit the powerball. The trick will be getting her to hire you. I think it's onlyher working in there now. At least she's the only one I ever see.

HIJACK

I think one of my butterflies is getting Ick. I might have to pull it to medicate. Not too bad so far, maybe I'll just try a water change.
Old 09/11/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

well as far as only her working there im gonna have to disagree...i called today to see if they had any mexican turbo snails....first off the girl that answered had no idea what a mexican turbo snail was...by that i mean i hear her go "maria do we have any uh...mexican ...snails...wait mexican umm turbo snails or something?" . the girl gets back on the phone and goes "we dont have any ""giggle giggle"" mexican ""giggle"" turbo snails" so i asked if they had any other snails. and she said we have other snails but no "mexicans" "giggle giggle... i coulda killed her....so yea they definately need someone in there that has a fricken clue what the heck is going on....but yea getting them to hire me will b the trick...we shall see...first i gotta pass my cdcs which is coming up here shortly ..wish me luck on that one!

and good luckwith ur fish mate..i hate it when they get sick
Old 09/12/2007, 05:46 AM
Delaware Reef Club

Snails from Mexico? Do they slime in Espanol? I think those are her kids or something. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise, why do you hire someone who has no idea about fish? But then, look who we're talking about.
Old 09/23/2007, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

I got mostt of everything in my tank from her. Is there a better place? I heard of Dr Mac, where is it and can I buy from there? Looks like a few of us are from the base, may we can join up and share what we do have.
Old 09/23/2007, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Adictedtoswf
I got mostt of everything in my tank from her. Is there a better place? I heard of Dr Mac, where is it and can I buy from there? Looks like a few of us are from the base, may we can join up and share what we do have.
ur on base??? where....and yea im definately down to meet up with someone and swap ideas...and yes the fishbowl is by far the worst LFS i have ever seen....they are overpriced, dirty, and have the knowledge of a houseplant... which leads them to losing the big money that people in this club and "real" aquarium hobbyists spend on their tanks...but if u want to get good fish there really isnt ne where around here....online,that fish place (www.thatfishplace.com) especially is good but a 2.5 hour drive, and dr.mac which is about an hour or so....but ne way feel free to message or even give me a call 717-813-5602 i work days sunday-thursday so either way hit me up
Old 10/09/2007, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

As many people as I've met on base that are SW hobbyists, you guys definitely need to do some fragging. Seems like the hobby is flourishing down there.
Sadly I've heard about this place but can't bring myself into going in there.
I agree with you intentions Josh to turn the place around but don't be surprised if it goes no where and don't be disappointed in yourself either if it doesn't change.
Some stores like that seem to survive for years with bad owners who care nothing about the hobby or their customers. Eventually though, because of their stubbornness, they'll eventually be forced out of business.
I've posted several times how nice it would be to have a REAL fish store in the Dover, Smyrna or Middletown area. If someone did it right it could be a gold mine thriving with some talented hobbyists.

Financially for me it's completely out of the question right now but if one opened up I'd be happy to help out at least part time. Let's hope we get some relief down here and soon lol.
Old 10/10/2007, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

I got told here the other night that we dont sell RO/DI units or water because "When you add the salt to the water it takes all the bad stuff out"... not kidding.
Old 10/10/2007, 09:55 AM

Lol. I believe it. I bet you could convince them table salt would work just as well. LOL.
Old 10/10/2007, 04:00 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Awesome.
Old 10/10/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

LOL that pretty much answers any and ALL questions I would ever possibly have about that place.

Oh wait milk just came out of my nose...............lol
Old 10/10/2007, 06:46 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Wait a minute... Are you saying that it DOESN'T take all the bad stuff out?

I have to hurry and open a store. I think I'd have a large customer base! Any potential partners out there?
Old 10/10/2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

I am in Joe. I have plenty of table salt to start us out with.
Old 10/10/2007, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

btw, does anyone know how to hook up the overflow box to the Remora Pro?
Old 10/17/2007, 07:38 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Hey check this out

http://www.fishbowldover.com/

They don't have a SINGLE PICTURE of anything in their store, I wonder why!
Old 10/17/2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

yea i saw that a long time ago but i havent been able to find it since good find
Old 10/17/2007, 09:44 PM

Someone figure out where they stole the graphics from. Perhaps they'll get sued for stealing the images and then force to put the place up for sale dirt cheap and you guys can become the new owners.

Jon
Old 10/28/2007, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

was there yesterday...that lady who runs it now is a complete moron.
Old 10/28/2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

gotta here this story why is she a complete moron besides the obvious