Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/03/2007, 08:36 PM
Premium Member

Blue Zoo!

Well I just got my CUC from Blue Zoo today! I ordered a few scarlet reef hermits and one of their snail packages.. seemed the most economical place to get them from at time of purchase. I wasn't home at 10:30 when the package came so FedEx didn't drop it off (no signature). Mike from Blue Zoo called me personally to tell me that the package had been there and nobody was there to sign for it and wanted to help in rerouting it if necessary. I told him that I would pick it up personally from the FedEx site. When I got the box home, I aclimated the CUC, and now they're off and "running" in the tank. I just wanted to give two big thumbs up to Mike and Blue Zoo for excellent customer service! I'd definitely recommend them to others as well as use them again myself.

PS The snail package came with snails ranging from "normal size" all the way down to something smaller than a pea.. crazy little guys, but they're all doing great so far!
Old 10/03/2007, 08:47 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Nice. I like FedEx b/c I work crazy hours and they can just hold it at a Kinko's (24/7) so I can pick it up whenever...
Old 10/03/2007, 08:56 PM
Team RC Member

A blue zoo?

Zoanthid= Zoa ... .don't worry... I used to call them zoos too.
Old 10/03/2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
A blue zoo?

Zoanthid= Zoa ... .don't worry... I used to call them zoos too.

I think he's refering to -

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/
Old 10/03/2007, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Yeah the first time I heard them called Zoa's was at rod's reef and he didn't want to sell me them after I called them zoo's. I have since learned the difference.
Old 10/03/2007, 09:05 PM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrbncal
I think he's refering to -

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/
good lesson anyways.
Old 10/03/2007, 09:13 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, I was referring to www.bluezooaquatics.com Sorry to not differentiate between the two.

FedEx is great.. I'll use them anytime I can vs. UPS... the UPS in my neck of the woods doesn't deliver until after 6pm no matter what for some reason.. my last order rom Premium Aquatics didn't get here until 6:30pm.. they're a sad sad company... oh well, still happy about my snails.. at least I got that goin for me..

Go SunDevils...there's always next year!
Old 10/03/2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Could you comment on the shipping price? and policy?
Old 10/03/2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Uhhh Found it

"Our livestock shipping rate is a flat $39.95 for FedEx Priority Overnight and $29.95 for FedEx Standard Overnight no matter how much you order"

Mmmmm I got a new credit card today to help build my credit today... and they have a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pisto shrimp in stock!!!! OMG WWCMD
Old 10/03/2007, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Sounds right.. I got their super snail combo for $55 for a 25g tank, even though I have a 45g.. I wanted to start "light" and work my way up if need be.. but even now it seems like there's a lot of them in there.. but they're all congregated around the same general area so maybe that's why.. but their arive alive guarantee is why they called me to tell me that the package was there and nobody was home to sign for it.. so they could make sure that the box got in a "temperature controlled environment" as not to lose and livestock.. Great to deal with.. anyone that goes to that lenght to make sure some snails and hermits make it in the door will probably go the extra mile to make sure fish are safe too

Old 10/04/2007, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Andrew! you of all people should know that blue zoo is a sponsor here!
Old 10/04/2007, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

i work for fed-ex and my only question is why didnt they leave the pkg at ur front door??? if its a residential we are supposed to release the pkg. w/o a signature UNLESS the shipper requires a signature. but glad to hear that Brian kept u up to date. next time maybe if u are expecting a pkg u can leave a note on the door letting the courier know he can leave it with your neighbor.
Old 10/04/2007, 03:00 PM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbtwo4
i work for fed-ex and my only question is why didnt they leave the pkg at ur front door??? if its a residential we are supposed to release the pkg. w/o a signature UNLESS the shipper requires a signature.
first order I made with bluezooaquatics I specifically asked for signature requirement and they just left it on the porch anyways I will say though that I've had some of the best customer service ever from bluezooaquatics. If only I had more money to buy more stuff from em, lol.
Old 10/04/2007, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbtwo4
i work for fed-ex and my only question is why didnt they leave the pkg at ur front door??? if its a residential we are supposed to release the pkg. w/o a signature UNLESS the shipper requires a signature. but glad to hear that Brian kept u up to date. next time maybe if u are expecting a pkg u can leave a note on the door letting the courier know he can leave it with your neighbor.
they are perishable goods you really shouldnt leave perishables outside. when you buy from these places they tell you to try and be home at time of delivery. they dont want the product left out in the elements........
ph 8.2
salinity 1.026
temp 78.5
also:
20g qt tank all parms are same as above except:
salinity 1.009
with emperor 250 filter , heater and airstone.
Old 10/04/2007, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

bluezoo has a signature requirement on live goods.. and I assumed this was true and forgot to leave a note.. it was my fault. But the main two things of the post were, two huge thumbs up for both bluezoo and fedex.. even my fedex delivery girl called me to tell me that she made it back to the shop earlier than 2pm and I could come pick up the package right away.. that was awesome!

Old 10/04/2007, 07:49 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

maybe this should be in the feedback forum?

i agree signature is a pain, that's another reason i pick them up at kinko's.