Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/28/2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Petsolutions fish?

Real simple. Has anyone ordered fish from Petsolutions, and how did it go. I'm much less concerned about customer service issues than I am the quality of the livestock.
Old 09/28/2007, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

I'm curious as well. Checked their website out a few days ago and saw some fish & corals that caught my attention, but I'd like to hear others experiences before I give 'em a try.
May everyone have equanimity, free from hatred and attachment.
Old 09/28/2007, 09:16 AM
Premium Member

I have always gotten healthy and larger specimens than advertised. Lower shipping costs and easy to speak with someone, unlike saltwaterfish.com's delayed e-mail response methods.
Old 09/28/2007, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Diverdan. Appreciate the feedback. fwiw, I've read that SWF.com is under new ownership and trying to "right the ship".
Old 09/28/2007, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Really? They still abhor contact with customers.

Where is the phone number?

OOPS (don't have one that works)
My considerable expenditures in this hobby find more communicative vendors.
Old 09/28/2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Couldn't agree more. That's why I'm asking here. I've also spent way more than I should have over the years, and I've settled on Reefermadness about 100%. When it comes to fish I've become a lot more finicky and rely on my LFS for the most part.
Old 10/01/2007, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm the Live Deliveries manager at Petsolutions, this is my personal account I'm posting from because our tech, Don, uses the official Petsolutions account. He sent me a link to this thread.

I've spent more money on both marine and fresh than I would care to think about over the years, so I know where you're coming from.

If I can answer any questions for you about our live items, please feel free to send me email at my work email address. liveinfo@petsolutions.com or give me a call at 800-737-3868. If I don't have an answer for you on something you would like to know about, I will find an answer for you as quickly as I can. My normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm Eastern time. Please note, I will be on vacation starting Thursday October 4th for a week.

John
Live Deliveries Manager
Petsolutions.com
Old 10/01/2007, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Thanks John.
Old 10/04/2007, 03:03 AM
Registered Member

So I decided to give Petsolutions a try and I'm not disappointed. I bought one acro - by the way if anyone can identify this one let me know. It came in a huge box with styrofoam box within, an ice pack and cushioned with air filled bags. The acro was on it's side, half in water and half not. Despite this the frag is doing well. Here she is about 6 hours into quarantine. By the way iodine dip did not reveal any nasty parasites and she looks clean as a whistle.

I only have one complaint. The acro in pic appeared purple on tips with a blue body instead of white and in fact was described as "Acropora Light Blue & Purple. I half suspected the pic was took under psychedelic lighting since on the next page their was a coral with the same growth pattern but without the "I just dropped some acid" look. I'm still happy though... I use to see this kind of coral back in the days of Eddie's Tropical Paradise and it always seemed someone had already bought it before I could snatch one. There's no doubt I'll be a repeat buyer. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...IMG_3166_2.jpg
May everyone have equanimity, free from hatred and attachment.

Last edited by FunkieReefJunkie; 10/04/2007 at 03:19 AM.