Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/20/2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Selling tank: GETTING OUT OF THE HOBBY!!!!

I’m heading off to college in January and will not be able to tend my tank, so I’m selling everything right now while I have time. I have a 65-gallon tank w/ stand. Livestock and dry goods listed below. I’m asking $1,635 for the entire setup. If it doesn’t sell in the next 2 months, then I’ll consider parting it out. You will pick up the merchandise from my house if you buy anything. I am not sending anything.

The tank is made by All-Glass and has a built-in internal overflow that leads to the sump. The tank's dimensions are 36"L x 18"W x 24"H. There are between 24-36 lbs of Aragonite live sand (granule size ranges from 1 to 1.7mm). There are at least 50 lbs. of live rock. Several of these rocks have coral growing on them.

Fish List

1 Sailfin tang (Zebrasoma desjardini)
1 Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto)
1 Bangaii Cardinal (Pterapogon kauderni)
1 Dwarf Hawkfish (Cirrhitichthys falco)
1 MATED PAIR of True Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion percula)
-These 2 clownfish have thick black outlines around their white bands. I'm saying this b/c some people on Reef Central think they have True Perculas, but what they really have are Ocellaris clownfish, which don't have black outlining the white vertical bands.

Crustaceans

Several hermit crabs
1 Purple Lobster (Enoplometopus daumi)

Coral List

1 colony of lime green Zoanthids
1 colony of zoanthids with brown tentacles and magenta centers (the magenta coloration encompasses the mouths, but is not only on the mouths)

1 rock covered with assorted varieties colorful zoanthids.

1 Torch coral with five polyps and bright green tentacle tips(Euphyllia glabrescens). One of the five polyps is splitting that is indicated by having 2 mouths.

1 Leather coral (small)
1 colony of Purple Discosoma mushroom anemones on a 11" x 7.5" rock.

3 colonies of Green Star Polyps on 3 different rocks.

1 very small Ricordia Yuma mushroom anemone with green perimeter tentacles and orange center tentacles.

5 Ricordia Florida mushroom anemones with light orange perimeter tentacles, blue center tentacles and green mouths.

Equipment and dry goods List

1 65-gallon All-Glass tank w/ built-in overflow. There is a center brace.

1 Coralife 65-gallon rated Protein Skimmer
1 Mag Drive 9.5 return pump (950 GPH)
one (1) 2-gallon Kalkwasser drip dosing box made of acrylic
1 Coralife Turbo Twist 3x UV Sterilizer (9 watts)

one (1) 36" Orbit 2-lamp 96 watt 24-hour Lighting system made by Current (one 96 watt Sunpaq Dual Actinic bulb [420nM +460nM], one 96 watt Sunpaq Dual Daylight bulb [6,700K + 10,000K], and 3 white LED Lunar lights. The lighting system's model # is 1023 so you can look at it online)

two (2) Maxi Jet 1200 powerheads
two (2) 150 watt Jager submersible heaters
one (1) 75 watt Jager submersible heater
two Cap 200 pumps (one for the UV sterilizer and one for mixing saltwater in a separate container)

one (1) 11-gallon acrylic made sump w/ no partitions. There is a raised partition that designates the area for water to flow from the tank overflow.

1 Kent Marine Proscraper Metal L, 12 Inch (The blade is made of metal)
1 Mag Float Medium size magnet cleaner (suitable for tanks up to 125 gal)
1 All-Glass Pine tank stand (Black) 36" L x 18" W x 27.75" H
3 Power strips
1 Coralife Pure-Flo II 50 GPD (3 stage) TFC RO/DI water Filter
1 Hydor Flo Rotating Water Deflector
1 Coralife Digital Thermometer
1 Titanium Grounding Probe
1 tank & overflow plumbing kit
2 Sure Grip 50 magnetic powerhead holders (These babies were a G-d send for me when I learned about them)

I will post pictures soon, so check back soon to look at them.
Old 09/20/2007, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

let me know if you want to part it out, i live just outside of augusta ga. and im working on several tanks at the moment lol
so could do some biz for corals and other things
Old 09/22/2007, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

I'm sorry. I made a mistake with the # of Ricorda Florida mushroom anemones I have. I have 4 of them not 5, however, one of the mushrooms has 2 mouths, which means it will split into 2 mushrooms eventually.
Old 09/22/2007, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

I forgot to mention another item. I have a rock that could fit in your entire open hand that has 1 lime green bullseye mushroom anemone about 3" in diameter and the rock also has some zoanthids on it. The zoanthids have maroon colored tentacles and green mouths. Around the mouths is also maroon colored.

The rock I mentioned before with a variety of zoanthids has orange zoanthids and clones to the ones I just mentioned on the rock with the bullseye mushroom.
Old 09/22/2007, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Pmed
Old 09/22/2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Old 09/22/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

how much for that pureflo RO/DI unit??
Old 09/24/2007, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

is there anyway you could sell me just 20lbs of rock and if you can how much?