Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saltwater Enthusiasts Association of St. Louis (SEASL)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/07/2007, 11:27 PM
Moved On

did you sell the tunzes? If not I will take them
Old 09/08/2007, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

PM sent to stlouisguy!
Old 09/10/2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

The Tunze equipment is SOLD

LIVE - What's left...

Long Spine Puffer - Free to good home (he's hand fed trained, and takes krill from your fingers).

Magestic FoxFace - I've had some interest with this fish, but no firm "I'll buy it" offers, so he's still avalible - $20

FoxFace Lo - Again, some interetst but no firm "I'll take him" so he's still avalbile - $20

Both Foxface fish have been seen eating hair algea (back when that was a problem for me), and both now eat flake and pellet foods as well as frozen foods. These are fairly big fish (Magestic is 5-6" and the Lo is about 9") and do have venomous spines. However, if you handle them with a little respect, they won't outright "go after you". I'm asking that any buyer please bring a bucket for these fish, as a plastic bag just isn't going to cut it.

I also have the Manderian fish avalible $10 (male)

The rock buyer is coming to pickup the rest of the rock tonight, and I'm under orders to get these tanks unplugged by the end of the week.

Please contact me ASAP if your interested in any of the fish that are left.

I also have the following Dry Goods avalible for sale at this time:

Four Maxijet 1200's, modified for more flow by drilling holes in the baseplate and sawing off the output tube. When the pump is powered off and on (via a controller or timer) the flow changes directions. This modification easily doubled the flow of these pumps. I'm asking $5 each.

I also have:

Coralife Super Skimmer model 125 - $80
Rena Filstar XP2 canister filter - $30
Rena Filstar XP3 canister Filter - $60

I also still have a 24Gal JBJ Nano Cube, it's been modified with a Maxijet 1200 pump (replaced the junk pump it came with), and I've removed the hood that fell apart and replaced it with the Current USA light fixture. It's a 150watt MH bulb and also has blue and white LED moon lights.

The nano comes complete with sand, rock, pumps, lights, heaters (2), everything for $300 (there's even some small corals in there, GSP's and some button polyps).

Also avalible FREE - Wooden Tank Stand, 48" style (will fit a 75 or 110 gal tank). Painted in an off-white or cream color right now, but can easily be painted any color.

As soon as all the live stock is out of the tanks, I'll be draining them and cleaning them up a bit.

I hope to have the following up for sale shortly:

75 Gal All-Glass tank with Oak cabniet style stand and oak hood
48" coralife light strip with 2x 96watt PC's (~ 8 months on the bulbs)
Custom Acrylic sump for this tank with 3 chambers
Misc stuff like the heater, mag 9 return pump and siphon overlflow box.

120 Gal Perfecto Tank with black stand
LifeReef Dual slim-line Overflow box
Mag 12 return pump
LifeReef VS-24 Skimmer with Mag 9 pump
60" Hamilton "ReefStar" Lighting system (3x250watt DE MH's in 14k ~4 months on the bulbs) also has 2x96watt PC's ~12 months on the bulbs 1 burned out, all ballasts etc to run them
150watt MH pendant light in 10k ~10 months on the bulb
150 gal "Horse Tub"
50 Gal "horse tub" with 2 bulkhead fittings in the side

I haven't come up with the price list on all these things yet, because I can't quite sell them before I get all the fish and rocks gone. As soon as eveythign alive is gone, I'll drain them out and post the price list.
Old 09/10/2007, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Firm offer on the Mag. Foxface for Friday Pickup
Old 09/10/2007, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Mag. Foxface buyer has backed out, so he's still avalible!
Old 09/10/2007, 06:25 PM
Keepin' It Real

*stupid girlfriend*

Get it While It's Hot
Old 09/10/2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

does the nano cube have a stand? Where about in St. louis do you live?
Old 09/10/2007, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

No stand for the cube, it's been sitting on my bar for about a year now. I'm in Florissant just down the street from Beldts.

Manderin and Maxi-Jet's are spoken for.

All the live rock is now SOLD

If your wanting a foxface or a puffer fish, LET ME KNOW!!!

I'm also giving away free all the live sand you could want, only catch is that's it's LIVE, it's been in the tank for 5 years and it STINKS to high heaven. If no one wants it, could someone tell me the best way to dispose of it?
Old 09/10/2007, 10:00 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally posted by JxMetal
*stupid girlfriend*
Old 09/10/2007, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

I'll take some of the sand.
Old 09/11/2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

My mistake, only 1 of the Maxi-Jet's is sold, I still have 3 avalible!

Also if any want's the FoxFace Lo, please let me know ASAP, I'm getting some interest in the tanks themselves and I really need to get these fish GONE!

So I still have the Puffer fish, FoxFace Lo, and Mag. Foxface that are un-spoken for.
Old 09/11/2007, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

I am interested in the foxface but here is my problem. I have a 75G but it is not setup as of yet. I have to finish off my basement before I am aloud to set it up. I have to have the basement finished before December because I have a young one on the way and we need the space. I currently have a 30 and a 35G tank. Would the foxface be ok in one of these tanks until December. If so I will take him and the remainer of the MJs
Old 09/11/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

superfirefly - I'm sorry but hagfish beat you to the maxijet's by 2 mintues.

The foxface lo is about 8-9" long, I think you could probably hold him in a tank that small for a while, but he'll tear it up pretty good, and cause a pretty good bio-load on your filtration. However, I'll leave that choice up to you.

Please PM me and I'll send you my contact info.
Old 09/11/2007, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Update:

I had a bit of a snaffu and confused two users on RC with each other.

The Manderian list is Fazgood , thatguy

I got a PM from someone asking about getting the 120gal tank, overflow and LifeReef Skimmer all as one unit. I'm waiting to hear back from that user.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll try and be extra careful with my list.
Old 09/11/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

All the fish are now spoken for, thank you!!!
Old 09/11/2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

I'm not real familiar with live sand, but I see it sitting in bags at the store. I will setting up my first tank as soon as we move in the next two months, could I let it sit in a closed bucket until then, if so I'll take whatever amount you would suggest for a 33 gallon cube.
Old 09/11/2007, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Sorry all the sand is spoken for.

Besides, I think everything that's alive in the live sand would most likely be dead after 2 months in a closed bucket.
Old 09/12/2007, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

10-4, thanks anyway.
Old 09/12/2007, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

No problem Officer.

I'll be posting a "what's left thread" here in a few days, I need to get the tanks drained and cleaned out and I'm waiting to do that until the sand is picked up.
Old 09/13/2007, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Update: The Coral Beauty is alive and happy. Named him Kobe.
Old 09/13/2007, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

You never got back to me on the magestic foxface, I wanted it if it was still available.
Old 09/14/2007, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

To StephNewman - I have the PM's I sent you in my sent box here on RC, they included my Cell phone number and adderess with a request to call me and setup an appointment (just as eveyone else who's purchased something from me has done). I apologize if you felt you were still up for buying the Foxface.

All - They just dumped about 10 new projects on me at work, and I haven't had time to deal with the tanks now that all the livestock is gone. Please be patient, as I'm am trying to wade through all the PM's as best I can when I do get a free moment at work. If you have a PM from me that contains my Cell phone number, and your really needing to pickup an item soon, please call me tonight after 5:30 PM so that we can set a time for you to pickup the item.

I'm doing my best to juggle work, home life, and finally getting the rest of everything sold off. Please bear with me!

Doc - I know I still owe you a picture or two of the free tank stand.
Old 09/15/2007, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

The Latest Greatest, What's Left post

Tank Package One:

75Gal Tank with Oak Stand and Oak Hood - $300

Acrylic Sump (perfect for the 75gal tank above) - $50

48" Coralife Light Fixture *I was wrong before, it's 2x 65watt PC's* $ 50

Mag 9 Pump - $20 (used as return pump for this setup)

250 or 300 watt glass heater - $10

Plastic Overflow box used in this setup - $20

Grand Total for the 75Gal setup is $450, if you buy everything as together, I'll sell it for $400

I have a truck if you need delivery send me a PM!

I have someone that's interested in the 120gal tank, but haven't heard back from them just yet, If I don't hear back by Monday at Noon I'll post up the 120 tank package similar to what's above.

MISC:

Kent Maxxima RO/DI 4 Stage Unit, upgraded with pressure gage, float valve installed on a 32gal brute trash can, auto shutoff when brute is full!!! It's a 24 gallon per day (makes 1 gallon of RO/DI per hour!). Filters and membrane replaced 1 month ago - $200 (also includes hand held TDS meter!!!)

I also still have the Nano Cube setup avalible. It's the entire setup, ready to go for $300.

As always please PM me so that I can send you my cell number and address and then we'll setup an appointment for pickup or delivery depending on your situation.

I'm very close to finally being done, and I want to thank eveyone for the good times.
Old 09/15/2007, 05:35 PM
Team RC Member

Just let us know when you start missing the tank and are looking for stuff again! I can't see it being long. I went about 4 or 5 years and it was like a drug addiction. You constantly think about it.
Old 09/16/2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

i am interested in the skimmer on the 120g tank. i need one for my 120. LMK