Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/31/2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

bubbles

Does anyone know what air bubbles do to your corals?? my tank ran low on water and I couldn't go and get any until after work. Well, the pump was sucking in air and water which was blowing air bubbles all in my tank. My rock is white, and all my corals are stressed. My porcillia pora is completly white will they survive???
Old 08/31/2007, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

I have had this happen before, just add water directly into return pump area asap. all corals should survive they are probably just really stressed by amount of spray pressure from pump.
Old 08/31/2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

duplicate, sorry
Old 08/31/2007, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

Rock turning white is a very drastic reaction for a day of air bubbles. I wouldn't expect the corals to be immediately bleached either. If that much water had evaporated I would look at the salinity levels, etc for my answer.

Unless you had the pump at the very surface of the water you probably pitched your chems really far out of whack. I would guess that you then added enough water to get the pump going again, which sent all your chems back the other way in about a minute and a half. That is more likely the source of the trouble.
Old 08/31/2007, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

ok thank yall well see what happen