Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Iowa Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/15/2007, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Exclamation Can anyone from Davenport help us find a location for the frag swap??

Due to some some work related events and an extremely heavy schedule Clayton our Davenport trustee has decided to step down from his position. We currently are still looking for a location for the October frag swap. If anyone could help us out in finding a decent location that is climate controlled, easy to find and fairly cheap please do. Thanks in advance. Jason
Old 08/15/2007, 06:16 PM
Premium Member

How big does it have to be? (How many people do you expect?)
Old 08/15/2007, 06:31 PM
metalheadreefnerd

I wonder if the Blank Zoo would let us do it there, I know we were shooting for Davenport, but it seems like it would be a cool place to have it.

www.greateriowareefsociety.org
Old 08/15/2007, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

We were shooting for davenport because the folks from rockford are planning on attending.
Old 08/15/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by waverz
I wonder if the Blank Zoo would let us do it there, I know we were shooting for Davenport, but it seems like it would be a cool place to have it.
they sure would, but to rent the room that we did is $395, if you guys wanted to combine an event we're having a swap in november sometime in the davenport region, i'm sure that we can work something out and make it a great day for all the fresh and salt water enthusiasts

pm me if you want the BPZ contact info jeremy i'll shoot it over to you, we've already got next august 2nd booked for next year if you wanted to make it an all day sort of extravaganza for fresh and saltwater i'd love to have you guys show up and diversify our swaps
Old 08/15/2007, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

why couldnt you just rent a big room at the holiday inn?

anyways ill be watching this thread and attending the frag swap if im invited that is.
Old 08/16/2007, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

What work I did do.

Possibility:
http://www.bettendorf.org/egov/apps/...=&&path=search

Another possibility:
http://www.riverctr.com/index.cfm
a room or two not all of it.

Lastly the coolest ideal I had was the Putnam. A cheap or free speaker and the promise of maybe a 100 people, remember bi-state think big, and they would probably run a reef related IMAX movies too. There running a Halo tournament on the IMAX so you know there hard up.
http://www.putnam.org/

Something like the Putnam would be sweet.

Ideal I don't like but free and climate controlled. Was a refurbished School in the extreme west end of Davenport that the cities lets people have for events. It was down towards Credit Island and I would prefer to not bring out of towners into that neighborhood.