Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/02/2007, 09:06 AM
Keeping It Real

Not sure how I missed this thread... Guess I've been absent from this forum for a while...

Great looking tank... The Flame Wrasse is one of my favorites... Thanks for sharing!!!

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 07/02/2007, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Thanks all of you for the compliments. For some mysterious reasons, zoo/paly love my tanks. However, brown xenia doesn't do well but white xenia does great. I acquired a few more frags (Devil Armor, Nuclear Green, Purple Death, Rose Nebulas) probably 3 to 4 weeks ago. All of them grow well and I already have mini colonies . The Rose Nebulas is such a fast grower. I acquired two 1 polyp frags 2 weeks ago. One of the frags already have 5 polyps while the other one has 3 polyps.
Old 07/02/2007, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Flame wrasse is one of my favorite fish. I was so sad that 2 of them died thanks to the Maroon Clown pair. Check out the Red Tail Anthias, that is my favorite!!!!!
Old 07/02/2007, 03:39 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

here are my new guard dogs... my zoa/paly protectors

" Charles V "
Old 07/02/2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

delsol650,

What type of wrasse is in the 2nd to last picture?

Thanks
Jack
Old 07/03/2007, 01:46 AM
Registered Member

AWSOME! ...and even more beautiful clams!
Old 07/03/2007, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Charles

I am happy that your tank is back up. Wish your tank the best!!!
I have those in the 2nd and 4th picture. What are the names of those wrasses? I love the mystery wrasse. I am comtemplating about getting the mystery wrasse and the four line wrasse. However, I have to many fishes that I don't want to push my tank to the verge of crashing. What can I do? Too many fishes that I want but not enough space.
Old 07/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Certified FL Aquaculture

Gorgeous tank! Congrats!
Old 07/12/2007, 04:23 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Red Fairy wrasse... unfortunately it tangled with my wrasse in the 5th pic... and jumped out one morning... I guess I will be getting a leopard again....

Tai, I guess you have to start pulling fish out like I did...Its a pain but worth watching these guys swim around and inspect every zoo colony and rocks for pods and those bastard ampipods...

I also have a banded pipe fish patrolling my QT for new zoos.. its also trained to eat cyclopeeze as well....

" Charles V "
Old 07/12/2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

charles,

I love the leopard wrasse but I just killed one recently. I guess my tank doesn't have enough pod for both the mandarin goby and the leopard wrasse. However, the leopard wrasse did do me a big favor before its died. It eradicated the brown flatworm for me.

How''s your PPE doing? Can I get a polyp whenever you frag them? Did you get the rose nebula from Phong yet? If not, I'll hook you up when I come back for X-mas break. I know it's kind of long unless you want a baby polyp.

P.S. I'll call you to let you known when I am free tomorrow at my work place so that you can pick up the Supernova. Please PM me your phone number.
Old 07/12/2007, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

The Magician Paly is eating brine shrimp

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Psycho Alien Paly

I finally got a good picture of the Supernova

Old 07/12/2007, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

This Aussie Pistol shrimp was a hitchhiker from my Aussie Blastomussa Merletti. It's so beautiful.

Old 07/12/2007, 06:25 PM
Moved On

Top pic

Those are amazing I wish I had some!!!
Old 07/15/2007, 02:40 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Tai, the rockstarsupernova is doing well.... I just found me a nuclear green pistol shrimp when I cracked a rock open to make rock frags for my zoos. Its sick looking best pistol I've seen since the blue/purple/violet.

Tai, trust me you will get a polyp or 2 of TRUE PPE's I got from Steve Tyree himself. I'll let you know what happens if I get the rose nebs from Phong.. I'm also heading to Rommell's next week to pick up palys I ordered from him and might buy some more while I'm there..

" Charles V "
Old 07/16/2007, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Rommel has nice palys. You can't believed what happened to my tank yesterday. I accidently had my timer on all night, therefore my calcium and alkalinity was continuously added and precipitated out in my tank. Yesterday, I had a go away party and my tank was in its worst condition. I did a 20% water change. Everything look ok except my frogspawn. I'll do another 20% water change today and hope for the best. Out of all the day, it had to be yesterday I was so sad. Other than that my party was a blast