Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/05/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

peacock mantis?

How active should my peacock mantis be during the day? When
I first got her a week ago she was really active the first two days
establishing her burrow now I notice her just sitting in her burrow all day. However, she will come out of it to grab food from the feeding stick!! Water parameters are perfect so is this normal? I also have a wennera and he is active all day!! According to Roy's list of stomatopads the peacock is suppose to be active day and night. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Old 07/05/2007, 11:14 AM
Registered Member.

what type of chameleons do you have?
both my two pecocks were fairly active. well mine was, however my brothers did sit in his burrow a lot, but he was still active.
luscien
Old 07/05/2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

They have different personalities. Mine likes to be in her burrow. She spends a fair amount of time with her head poking out, looking around.
Old 07/05/2007, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Mine is in his burrow alot. Sometimes peeking out, sometimes walking around his part of the tank.

-Charles Darwin
Old 07/05/2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by luscien
what type of chameleons do you have?
both my two pecocks were fairly active. well mine was, however my brothers did sit in his burrow a lot, but he was still active.
luscien
I breed panthers!! Thanks for asking!!
Old 07/05/2007, 02:36 PM
Registered Member.

PANTHERS! PANTHERS ROCK!!
iv had a couple, i only have a little bearded pigmy right now. i love him, he is the best!
good luck with you panthers!
luscien
Old 07/06/2007, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Mine hangs out in his burrow almost all of the time. They typically come out more if you offer them less "stick fed" food and make them scavenge for snails. The less you offer at the mouth of the burrow, the more they have to come out to eat.
Old 07/07/2007, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLockamon
Mine hangs out in his burrow almost all of the time. They typically come out more if you offer them less "stick fed" food and make them scavenge for snails. The less you offer at the mouth of the burrow, the more they have to come out to eat.
You are very right on this I have not offered food on the stick in about two days now and last night she was all over the tank and about four o'clock in the morning she woke me up with the sounds of her DEMOLISHING a hermit crab!! Thanks for all your replys I am loving my new mantis!!