Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/31/2007, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Unhappy 120 Gallon Set-Up For Sale Plus!

They say that $@#!% happens, and it seems to come my way in the bucket fulls...

I don't really want to talk about it (at all), but I have to re-locate by the end of June and the tank cannot come with me. My entire set-up is for sale. It is a complete package deal, and I will not piece it out, so please don't even ask. I will sell the whole set-up without the livestock, but that is the only compromise here, and there is not that much of a reduction in the price. It all includes:

120 gallon AllGlass brand Reef Ready aquarium with dual Mega-flow overflow chambers. It comes stocked as a bare bottom tank with a 75 gallon sump tank and many equipment accessories.

SUMP: 75 gallon AllGlass D.I.Y. sump powered by a BlueLine HD 40-X external return pump. The sump comes with a stocked refugium housing a deep sand bed, Live rock, and assorted mushroom corals. The sump also comes with a heater, 3 powerheads, (2) 24 inch fluorescents, and an ASM G-series protein skimmer.

LIGHTING: (2) 400 watt Metal Halide retro kits w/ (2) XM 20,000k bulbs powered by IceCap brand ballasts. (2) 48 inch VHO fluorescents powered by IceCap ballast. (2) twin blue LED moonlights.

CIRCULATION: The tank is set-up on a closed loop circulation system powered by a BlueLine HD 70 external pump.

TANK: It comes with the stand, approx. 200 lbs. of Fiji Live rock, all of the equipment and livestock. (Without the livestock, the set-up is $1,600.)

FISH: Purple Tang, Copperbanded Butterfly fish, (12) Blue-Green Chromis, (3) Pajama Cardinalfish, juvenile Sailfin Tang, Bi-color Blenny, Blue Hippo Tang, (2) True Percula Clownfish Pair housed in a Torch coral.

INVERTS: (2) White Striped cleaner shrimp, Peppermint shrimp, Fire shrimp, assorted Turbo snails, Marguerite snails, Red Tipped hermit crabs, Scarlet hermit crabs, (2) Emerald Mithrax crabs, Zebra Legged hermit crabs, GIANT Gigas Clam!

CORALS: (2) Toadstool corals, Leather Finger coral, Candy coral, at least a 10 headed Torch coral, Yellow Pagoda Cup coral, stray various polyps and Zoanthids on Live rock.

MISC. EQUIPMENT: Several 20-30 gallon empty AllGlass aquariums, 15 gallon Oceanic sump, 55 gallon D.I.Y. sump (runs great!), 150 watt Metal Halide retro kit w/ XM 20,000k bulb and IceCap ballast, an extra BlueLine 40 HD-X external pump, (2) Mag 7 pumps, (1) Mag 5 pump, 15 watt Aqua brand UV sterilizer, hang on overflow boxes, many Maxi jet powerheads, Rubbermaid tote containers, tubing, digital remote thermometer, assorted chemical test kits, and lots more!

I am asking $1,750 for the whole set-up, and $1,600 without the livestock. This is a very reasonable deal and I am not interested in "Best Offers" or bargaining.

The tank is happy and healthy and the equipment is almost brand new. I just simply and unexpectedly have to re-locate and the tank cannot come with me. I would also be willing to help with the break down process, but everything has to go by the end of June. PM me for purchase, pictures or questions. Thanks.
Old 05/31/2007, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

YGPM, Sorry to hear you need to sell.
Old 05/31/2007, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

PM sent
Old 06/01/2007, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

*BUMP*
Old 06/01/2007, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

ok, kinda new here..... BUMP ?
Old 06/02/2007, 06:36 AM
Premium Member

*BUMP*

Just placing the THREAD back up at the top of the page for attention.
Old 06/02/2007, 07:03 AM
Premium Member

CURRENT PHOTOS

Here are some pics that I took just last night. All but 3 of them were taken then:

IN WALL SET-UP

CLOSED LOOP

TORCH CORAL

YELLOW PAGODA CUP

Old 06/02/2007, 07:10 AM
Premium Member

SUMP REFUGIUM SHROOMS

JUVENILE SAILFIN TANG

GIGAS CLAM

HIPPO & PURPLE TANG

CANDY CORAL PATCH

COPPERBANDED BUTTERFLY

As I have said, and as you can see, the tank is very healthy and pampered. I was just short of reading these fish bedtime stories!
Old 06/02/2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Dang that sucks! I was just reading your thread on how you built this. It was not until the 10th page in the thread that I realized this was the same tank. I hope you are able to sell it in time!
Old 06/02/2007, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeeperrs
Dang that sucks! I was just reading your thread on how you built this. It was not until the 10th page in the thread that I realized this was the same tank. I hope you are able to sell it in time!
I know, and thanks Jeeperrs. It's a sweet and sour situation that's for sure. I am excited about the trip/move, but I am sick about the tank. I Loved that thing and I find this to be such a challenging, great hobby! This sort of thing has happened before, so I know that I'll be back into it one of these days, but for now I have to liquidate!

I hope that I can sell it also. It's a VERY good deal. This is not necessarily an "I need the money" situation, it is the hastle of piecing everything out that I am trying to avoid. And it is worth so much more than what I am asking, I'm just trying my best to get some of my money back.

Thanks again. It was a fun build thread!
Old 06/02/2007, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

interested in some of the things if you part out.
Old 06/02/2007, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianOKC
interested in some of the things if you part out.
It will more than likely come down to that, so I'll post the announcement if it does.

I am also selling my Toyota Tundra at quite the steal too. If anyone is interested, PM me.
Old 06/03/2007, 09:22 PM
Premium Member

Okay, I sold the truck in 15 hours but I still have a Reef tank. What's up? I cannot believe that no one is interested in this...
Old 06/04/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

You know I am looking for good deals, but I dont want to put you in a bad situation, if you decide to part, please PM me, but I know you dont want to so no pressure at all buddy!

-Dustin
Old 06/04/2007, 08:24 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Rehem, buddy, please take this for what it's worth. You're going to have drastically more luck selling it individually around here. The current market is super saturated with tanks. People can barely get rid of empty tanks, let alone full ones. While your asking price is a great deal, actually getting someone who doesn't already have a tank up will be difficult. In addition, the hassle of parting it out will usually give you higher return rate on your money.

Sorry you're having to do this and let us COMAS folks know if there is anything that we can help you with. Don't be a stranger after the move.
Old 06/04/2007, 08:20 PM
Premium Member

It all worked out, and someone is taking everything off of my hands. Sorry to everyone who was interested in parts and whatnot. Thank you guys for everything.
Old 06/05/2007, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

Congrats on the sale!... But as Travis said, DONT BE A STRANGER! Let us know how things are going! You dont have to talk about fish stuff!! Its people we care about as well!!!! Keep in touch Bobby!

-Dustin
Old 06/05/2007, 08:31 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Whew! That's a relief! I'm extremely happy that you were able to get it sold as one piece, but I was seriously beginning to worry if you would be able to or not. Congrats and good luck!
Old 06/05/2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

DOH. I guess I waited to long to offer. oh well LFS need money too I guess!! LOL Good luck REHEM!!