Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Iceman 11 55.00%
Rampage 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/27/2007, 10:40 AM
On The M0VE

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05/27/2007, 10:58 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Lino
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
My boy got his butt kicked.
Old 05/27/2007, 11:09 AM
On The M0VE

LMAO, all good... lets see what happens on the re-match, LMAO. Didnt he just look out of shape?? I think that was the biggest beer gut I've seen Chuck with...

This is exactly what happened....
Old 05/27/2007, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
LMAO, all good... lets see what happens on the re-match, LMAO. Didnt he just look out of shape?? I think that was the biggest beer gut I've seen Chuck with...

This is exactly what happened....
That's almost exactly what happened, you forgot when the smiley then jumped on him, and pounded him into la la land.
Old 05/27/2007, 11:16 AM
On The M0VE

LMAO, your right...

Rampage is gonna be on top for awhile though...
Old 05/27/2007, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
LMAO, your right...

Rampage is gonna be on top for awhile though...
Yes he will, and be beating the crap out of whoever is underneath him.
I sent you a PM.
Old 05/27/2007, 11:56 AM
On The M0VE

pmed you back...
Old 05/27/2007, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

What a class act Jackson is. He want's to stand there and brag after the fight and talk about houses and money. WOW, is this is what sportmanship is now adays ?
What a piece of crap. I hope someone crushes him fast.
Old 05/27/2007, 01:13 PM
On The M0VE

The dude has a great sense of humor, and he speaks his mind... If he works hard for it, he deserves it, theres nothing wrong with that.

Shamrock did the same thing in his last loss to Tito, he bragged that he made alot of money fighting Tito..
Old 05/27/2007, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

I am a huge Chuck fan but have to give props where they are due. Jackson did what he said he was going to do and deserves everything that comes with being a champion. No one has dominated Chuck except Rampage. I am looking forward to the rematch and dont think it will be the same. At least I hope it last more than one min and 38 sec's. On a side note it was nice meeting you last night Don Limo.
Old 05/27/2007, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The dude has a great sense of humor, and he speaks his mind... If he works hard for it, he deserves it, theres nothing wrong with that.

Shamrock did the same thing in his last loss to Tito, he bragged that he made alot of money fighting Tito..
There's nothing wrong training/fighting hard, and beating Chuck Liddell (twice) is definitely an accomplishment to be proud of. But there's pride, and then there's hubris.

Rampage is going to be one of those champions people love to hate. I don't like Ken Shamrock or Tito Ortiz's attitudes either. And come on, Rampage telling Dan Henderson to take his false teeth out in the ring after the fight? That was pure jock/school house bully machismo. No class at all...

-Heather
Old 05/27/2007, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ls1grrrl
And come on, Rampage telling Dan Henderson to take his false teeth out in the ring after the fight? That was pure jock/school house bully machismo. No class at all...

-Heather
If they were not great friends, I would agree with you. But Jackson and Henderson are great friends. No dis-respect at all. Did you not hear Henderson's reply? " Not until later". Plain fun between two friends.
You are dead on with the "Rampage is going to be one of those champions people love to hate" comment.
Right now, and even before he beat my boy, I liked how true the guy is. He isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Don't get me wrong, Chuck is my boy. I'll take him again in the rematch.
Old 05/27/2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hexedagain
If they were not great friends, I would agree with you. But Jackson and Henderson are great friends. No dis-respect at all. Did you not hear Henderson's reply? " Not until later". Plain fun between two friends.
Sure, I heard Dan's response, but he didn't seem particularly amused with it. Maybe just my interpretation, since I'm not familiar with his personality or demeanor at all. Regardless, the comment seemed pretty uncouth to me, of all the things one could say after being the light heavyweight champion of the UFC.

Quote:

Right now, and even before he beat my boy, I liked how true the guy is. He isn't afraid to speak his mind.
I know a lot of people who're capable of speaking their mind without coming off like total a$$es, Chuck being one of them from what I've seen. I'm more impressed by someone who's both talented and able to remain humble.

-Heather
Old 05/27/2007, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Great fight,great fighters cant ask for much more.
Old 05/28/2007, 12:00 AM
On The M0VE

Quote:

I know a lot of people who're capable of speaking their mind without coming off like total a$$es, Chuck being one of them from what I've seen. I'm more impressed by someone who's both talented and able to remain humble.

-Heather

but theres not gonna be too many fighters in the UFC u are going to like, most of them are just plain ol' cocky. Thats what sells tickets...
O'well, on a side note... Rampage's reign has just begun, he aint going anywhere anytime soon. He's gonna be hated forever due to beating the peoples champ...Chuck
Old 05/28/2007, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

Quote:

-Heather
Well, my boy Chuck showed his @$$ and his lack of sportsmanship when he lost. Or did I just see it wrong?
Nobody is a gracious loser, but Chuck kind of went overboard with it. I know he lost, but come on, he got knocked the F out. Beat fair and square, and acts like Jackson just got lucky and "caught" him. Or that Big John stopped it too soon. Any longer and Chuck would have been telling his daughter nothing, she would have been visiting him in the Hospital to see if he was alright.
NO, he whooped your @$$ Chuck, now admit it.
But remember, Chuck is my boy, has been, and will continue to be.
But if he cannot get over himself, and realize he was dominated in under 2 minutes, I might need a "new" boy.
People are just mad because Chuck got beat. Get over it.
Old 05/28/2007, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

I think I need a new boy and leave from sylvia and go to someone better.lol.

P.S.:hexed instead of dancing with the stars chuck was seeing stars.lol
Old 05/28/2007, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Somewhere in this post someone said Chuck looked out of shape. Chuck was ripped for this fight. I think he worked hard to get ready for this fight. He knew it was going to be a hard fight. He lost the sameway he beats everyone. He got caught with a fist and then he feel on the ground and the other guy jumped on him and started kicking his butt. I knew this was going to happen. I think there is going to be a rematch and its going to happen all over again. Its the same with Tito and Chuck, Tito goes and kicks everyones butt until he gets to Chuck. He loses and then fights a bunch of people and wins, and then trains and trains and then fights Chuck and loses again. There is just some people you cant beat. Rampage is that guy to Chuck. He proved it this weekend.