Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04/21/2006, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Never said eaing=healthy, i said eating and healthy.

There are many ways to "skin a cat", some people do it this way, other do it that way....

No way is wrong, just what that individual feels most comfortable with.

I feel better buying my fish from Sedar, he has healthy fish, no disease, and they eat for me.

I have never bought fish from liveaquaria, just read most things about them...from what i have read, most people have been happy with them...

Not to say a bad fish couldn't come in once in awhile, but most places will not willing sell an unhleathly fish....

I have recieved many fish from Sedar, so far the fish have been in great health....

personally if a quaratine tank consist of a 40 gallon tank with PVC fittings and you throw a large angel in there it will not be happy and stress it more.....Now if it consist of a 70+ gallon tank with live rock for it to pick off of, places to hide, and dim lighting then i think that is the best way; you can control what the fish is eating, watch it for disease and it will slowly get used to you. Now i know you cannot treat a tank with medication that has LR in it...but i feel that if you provide the proper type of quaratine it is better in the long run...

If a quaratine tank is a 40 gallon with PVC fittings, then i think it has a better chance in the display..

again this is my methodiology, not saying it's right or wrong...

Nick