Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/10/2006, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

snowflake eel

Would a 15 inch snowflake be ok with a 4 inch snowflake? I want to make sure the larger one will not eat the smaller one. Thanks
Old 09/10/2006, 11:48 PM
Moved On

It wont eat the smaller one, but there are no guarantees as well that it wouldn't harm it at all, and besides that if this is in your small tank, even more so its not be a good idea.
Old 09/11/2006, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

I have seen snowflake eels together that were of different sizes and they got along fine, however, it should be noted that they were in a 72 gallon tank. I believe the the more space they are given, the safer you will be.
Old 09/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Premium Member

I wouldn't chance it in a 29g tank. I've seen similar sized SF eels maul each other in small tanks.
Old 09/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Premium Member

I wouldn't chance it in a 29g tank. I've seen similar sized SF eels maul each other in small tanks. The little guy wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 09/12/2006, 02:23 AM
Registered Member

I wouldnt keep even 1 snowflake in a 29 gallon, my 14" Snowflake is in a 55 gal and i'm afraid hes going to outgrow it eventually.
Old 09/12/2006, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

They'll definitely outgrow the 29, but when small can be kept in a similar sized tank for a short period of time.