Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/07/2008, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Red face Kordon Amquel and Amquel Plust

Well I don't know where this goes, doesn't seem like its equipment so heres the problem,
Well here in SF just a few days ago there was that big storm that knocked out my power for a few hrs. Since I don't have a back up power plan, I read a older post here somewhere that mentioned it was good to keep a bottle of amquel on hand. So I tossed some of this stuff in to my tank for the meanwhile and everything looked fine. I went out for a few hrs came back power was back corals didn't look to good though they were all closed up and my anthelias didn't look to great. But I didn't think of it too much, than the next morning the water looked cloudy a bit and the coral still closed up, the anthelias looked like they were melting away. This once happened before when I used amquel but it never came to my attention that it was the cause. Until this happened once more and it seems to be the cause of my problem. What should I do and who has had similar experiences wit this product?