Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/18/2007, 04:43 PM
angelfish nut!

SPS frags available- Limited editions to $10 frags- shipping available - DC area

Hey guys, it’s time to make room again. I have many frags available as listed below, from many limited editions to $10 frags… all are colorful corals I’ve kept for years…

For those interested in feedback I have sold and shipped many orders on RC here over the years with 100% positive feedback and have shipped as far as rural parts of Alaska with no issue. Refer to this thread for feedback. These are 100% captive propogated healthy pest free frags. All photos are of my systems and of the coral colonies you’ll receive frags from. Please feel free to ask questions. I am a hobbyist like you guys and realize the importance of trust, reputation, and service in the hobby.

I exclusively ship Fedex Priority Overnight, the best in my opinion and many others. I prefer to ship to your local Fedex location for customer pickup to avoid the extra ride on the truck, but I’ll leave that decision up to you. In most areas it’s guaranteed to arrive by 10:30 am, but when it’s left at the local Fedex it’s usually available at opening around 8 am. I drop off usually between 8 and 9 pm which results in only about 12 to 15 hours shipping. This shipping method is expensive, but I charge a discounted rate of just $40 and eat the rest myself. Orders over $250 receive free shipping. I don’t charge for the box (insulated Styrofoam), heat packs, or anything else. I plan on shipping tomorrow Monday for Tuesday delivery, and then starting again next Monday after the holiday. As always, I’m also generous with freebies… 

Payment is through Paypal. E-mail me or PM what you’d like and I’ll confirm it before payment.

1. The Original Superman monti- I’ve distributed this for years now, and this is directly descended from the original colony that isseym328 got years ago, then through Bruddah and Tubs. Read about its history in this thread… ½” frags for $50 and ¾” to 1” frags for $75
A shot of my mother colony…

2. Tyree rainbow monti- Another famous monti… the polyps on the growing edge are red, and towards the center green, with polyps in between other shades… another one I’ve had for years…
One of my mother colonies showing the pattern…

Frags I’m offering are recently fragged, and some show the rainbow colors of the edge and some don’t because they aren’t encrusted yet… ½” frags for $50 and ¾” to 1” frags for $75 Here’s a shot of a sample frag I have…

And what they’ll look like when fully encrusted…

3. Tyree sunset monti- Along with the Superman and rainbow these make the top three encrusting must have montis… yellow/green polyps on an electric red base… the sunset has not been around as long and has less supply… ½” frags $60… ¾” frags $85
One of my mother colonies…

And a sample frag…

4. Tyree Idaho Grape plating monti- Another LE, but it grows fast and plates, so frags are just $20 on this guy…

5. Copps’ reverse sunset monti- I got this as a wild tiny piece a couple of years ago and have grown it out, with no frags out yet. I’m ready to frag this guy… it has a bright green base when happy with red polyps… opposite colors of the sunset… ½” frags $75

6. The original Oregon tort- A must have that’s been a mainstay LE for years… the truest blue tort under many lighting conditions, which grows slowly but is a stunner. Usually offered tiny, but I have 1” frags for $75

7. Super green bottlebrush- A gorgeous acropora that grows FAST and has a great growth pattern. I’ve got a lot of this, so $20 for good sized frags…

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.
Old 11/18/2007, 04:43 PM
angelfish nut!

8. Highlighter green plating monti- Bright green fully plating monti that sends up columns when colony gets large… regular frags just $10… large plating edge frags $20

9. Copps milli- The nicest blue milli I’ve ever seen that I’ve had for years… When blasted with light in good conditions the tips turn bright purple as the frags grow out as shown. Bright blue under all conditions though…

My large colony shown here on bottom… $50

10. Solid blue stag- Not the typical blue tip stag… this guy is solid blue throughout… shown top center in above photo… $40

11. Bright green Pocillopora damicornis- Shown also in above photo under blue stag… $15

12. Yellow tip pink prostrata- Another one I’ve distributed for years, shown to left of green slimmer in above photo. Here’s a top shot of a colony. When frags grow out under high light and clean water tip show a mustard color with body as shown… $50

13. Bright blue tenuis-like acro- This guy has either bright blue tips or blue throughout the body… like a tenuis but grows more staglike than clusterlike like a tenuis. $35 only because I need to frag it…

14. Bright red scrolling capricornis- Originally from the Penn State reef tank mother colony shown below. Bright red and scrolls much nicer than a lot of the red caps out there… $20

And one of my colonies…

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.
Old 11/18/2007, 04:44 PM
angelfish nut!

15. Bright green Montipora spumosa- under bright lights the tips turn purple… like a branching confuse… $20

16. Blue tip stag- This thing is out of control and grows like a weed! $10 for large frags…

17. Bright yellow porites- A yellow you just don’t see in across or montis… This guy branches nicely, is hardy, and is yellow even ubder lower light… $15

18. Pink tip green frogspawn- The nicest frogspawn I’ve ever seen and grows well… a nice alternative for your clowns to host in… 1 head $15… 2 heads $25… 4 or more $10 each… and ask about large pieces I have for even less…

19. Pink lemonade mimic- This guy looks very similar to the original pink lemonade which I also own… I want to get this out there and get feed back on it to see how it colors up for you guys… so just $20 for frags…

Okay guys let me know… again if I get orders by tomorrow afternoon (Monday), I’ll be able to ship out for Tuesday delivery… otherwise it will be next week. Let me know if you have questions…

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/18/2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Do you do local pick up?
Old 11/18/2007, 06:59 PM
angelfish nut!

Sure... as long as we work it out in advance... let me know...

Thanks,

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/18/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Out of curiosity, what's the typical frag size for $50 Copps milli?
Old 11/18/2007, 11:41 PM
angelfish nut!

At the very least 1", and with multiple branches the way its been growing lately...

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/19/2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

John;

I'd like to come by this weekend. Let me know, I think I still have your home address. But if this weekend works, if you could send again, that would be great.

Fred
Old 11/19/2007, 12:06 PM
angelfish nut!

paytonv, those are Lunar Eclipse palys...

Hey Fred! I'll shoot you a PM... good to hear from you...

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/19/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Hey John, if it's cool with you, Dana and I would love to stop by this Sunday, check things out and of course get a few of these beautiful corals. Let me know what works for you.

Matt
Old 11/19/2007, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

I would like to stop by this weekend. Could you please pm me your address and phone? I would like to call before I come over. I'm in Falls Church.

C'ya
Huy
Old 11/19/2007, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

how much is shipping to zip code 67002...?? Beautiful corals, by the way!
Old 11/19/2007, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

how much for superman sunsett,and rainbow to 24179?VERY INTERESTED
Old 11/20/2007, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

frags recieved!

[bump]

Last edited by geo; 11/20/2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11/20/2007, 01:13 PM
Reefer Maniac

can you tell me what type of bulbs are over your tank(s) and how many bulbs you have, ... thanks!
Old 11/20/2007, 02:05 PM
angelfish nut!

Over my 180 display (the system in my avatar) I have 3 400 watt Ushio 14ks with five 6-foot VHO actinics... I also have a 6'x2'x17" frag tank with two unsupplemented 250 watt 20k radiums where some of the frags are from...

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/20/2007, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

[bump]

This is two, one more and thread closed.

Last edited by geo; 11/20/2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11/20/2007, 06:06 PM
angelfish nut!

Guys, thanks for the feedback but please post it in the feedback forum.

Mods, please don't close the thread as I didn't make the mistake.

Thanks,

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/20/2007, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Copps,im intrested in getting some frags in2 or 3 weeks do you think you'll still have a few left? I live right outside of richmond and might make the drive for pickup if thats ok with you.Thanks
Old 11/21/2007, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

copps where do you live in VA?
Old 11/21/2007, 12:09 PM
angelfish nut!

PMs replied to...

33g, I sent you a PM too...

Reefy1, I'm in Loudoun County... in Leesburg.

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/21/2007, 01:10 PM
Moved On

Nice looking corals. I got excited reading the title of your post "LE for $10.00". I can't the LE for $10.00 in your post. Which one are the $10.00 one. I would be very interested if they are LE. Thanks
Old 11/21/2007, 02:04 PM
angelfish nut!

You misread the title... it says "Limtited editions TO $10 frags" not "LE FOR $10"... meaning I have a range of frags.

Thanks,

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

Old 11/21/2007, 09:41 PM
Moved On

John, I want to order the LE rainbow, LE Idaho Grape, True Superman Monti and reverse Sunset Monti. Any other Tyree corals that you are not showing here. I like to order enough at one time so I don't have to pay freight too many times. Thanks
Old 11/21/2007, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Hi copps. 1 tyree snset monti 1/2 frag, 1 oregon tort 1'' frag. still available, local pickup friday or weekend. Please let me know. Thank copps, happy thankgiving