Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/13/2006, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Anyone ever used Reefhotspot.com

Anyone ever ordered any livestock from these guys?

Old 09/15/2006, 11:15 AM
Moved On

I walked in yesterday.....place was filty, display tanks were not much better.
I browsed for about 15 min, I was the only customer in the place - no one
acknowledged my presence - not so much as a "hello". I walked out with
a "thicker" wallet. dls
Old 09/15/2006, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Ordered over the summer and everything came in fine with good packaging. Just placed another order.
Old 09/15/2006, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

flameangel88, could you let me know how this order goes for you?

fish2223, that stinks man, mabey they devote most of there time to mail order, and there web site!
Old 09/15/2006, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

GT: It will be coming in on next Tuesday and will post results.
Old 09/15/2006, 03:31 PM
Moved On

They must mail order their best stuff from other location - from what I
saw at the storefront - corals and fish were just ordinary. You can see
from my gallery and avatar, I am accustom to nice stuff! Still doesn't
excuse the lack of customer service. dls
Old 09/15/2006, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Agreed!
Old 09/15/2006, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

I got the Blue Girdled Angel and the Blue Hippo from Reefhotspot in July.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...i/CIMG0016.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...i/CIMG0022.jpg
Old 09/15/2006, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

I see they are coke drinkers!

LOL!
Old 09/15/2006, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

That was a nice bottle I bought back from Sanibel Island and used to feed my Mandarins and keep the other fishes from getting in but couldn't keep the hermit crabs out then scraped that idea but left it in. Need to be in a couple of more months to grow more coralline on it and I think it would look great.
Old 09/15/2006, 06:49 PM
RC Sponsor

It is really disheartening to read such attacking posts. For what? For someone to come in out of the blue on a Thursday afternoon and take a "15" minute snapshot of the business and then make such posts is quite perplexing.

Our focus is on our internet business. We are in a warehouse with a cement floor and I wouldn't call it a storefront in any traditional sense. Instead of investing in decor, we have invested in systems. We keep our coral lights off during the day and run them only during pack out and at night.

Normally, we are happy to have customers come and look around. We are sorry no one was available to greet this customer. That said, the customer only had to ask someone for assistance if he needed it. If the customer wasn't treated properly by one of our employees then I would like to know about that. If he simply wasn't approached by an employee then, from my point of view, that is quite fine and we just have a difference of opinion here. Personally, as an avid and experienced aquarist, I always appreciated a shopping experience where I could just look around and wasn't bothered by anyone. I understand people have different expectations and that is fine as well. What would generate so much animosity in a public forum is beyond my understanding.

We have hosted an SCMAS event in the past and received good feedback.

Sincerely,
Max

Last edited by geo; 02/28/2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09/15/2006, 07:40 PM
Moved On

Max-
There is no animosity at all, this is a "vendors experience" forum. GT asked
for a viewpoint on your store. I expressed my honest opinion, nothing I
wrote was untrue. Dennis
Old 09/15/2006, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Max, I am new to the hobby, and am very pleased with the help, questions answered on the phone about my future purchases. I assumed that your business was mainly, internet based mail order. Again thank you for helping me with the questions I had. (I was asking you about you dejardini's) If I caused any bad feelings towards myself for asking about Reefhotspot.com experiences, I am truly sorry.

Terry
Old 09/15/2006, 07:52 PM
Premium Member

I've ordered several times and all livestock healthy and eating. I placed a order today and can't wait to recieve it. I would reccomend reef hotspot to anyone, my prize order was the goldflake angel. The owner Maxs took his time and found me a nice healthy eating specimen [Max's I hope I didn't bug you to much] and I can't yhank him enought.
Old 09/15/2006, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Sorry for the off topic ?s.

ariel:

Can you post a picture of the Goldflake Angel in your tank? I would love to see one. What kind of food do you feed the angel or should say what will the angel eat?

Thanks.
Old 09/15/2006, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

My goldflake eats anything I put in the tank he's not picky at all. I feed him thera+a soaked in minced garlic, primereef flakes, formula one and 2 pellets, mysis shrimp you name it he'll eat it. I'm not good at taking pictures sorry, their beautiful fish. You can't go wrong ordering from Maxs.
Old 09/15/2006, 08:33 PM
Premium Member

My tank is a 240 gal, the gf keeps a blueface angel and a queen angel company. Also a flame angel, and 6 tangs. And coming soon from reefhotspot a juvi chrysurus angel!!!!!!!!!
Old 09/15/2006, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. How did you qt the GF? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks again.
Old 09/16/2006, 01:35 PM
Premium Member

Well, I only have excellent things to say about their quality. Max has sent me excellent specimens that were well acclimated and eating well. Among the items I have purchased was a tiny 1" flagfin that ate pellets within hours and has grown to be a fat and healthy 4" fish. Another fish I got was a very nice venustus angel (I believe the picture is still on the site) that is now paired up with another that was eating the day he arrived.

Only good things to say about Max and Reefhotspot in terms of service and quality.
Old 09/16/2006, 02:07 PM
RC Sponsor

Terry--

No worries and no bad feelings at all. We look forward to being of assistance to you in any way. This kind of thing is par for the course here. It would be helpful if the RC search function worked more often for more people. This kind of thread is just begging for anyone's two cents. You might consider signing up for a premium membership. I think that gets you priority on searches. Our business has often considered sponsoring RC and we have been solicited to do so. These kinds of situations are what has kept me away up to this point. As a small business owner, it is very difficult to defend your company against people you have never met, spoken to or conducted any business transactions with.

Flameangel88--

It is very gratifying to see pictures of what were once our fish looking happy in your reef. Thanks for posting the pics.

Ariel--

You are always a pleasure and I'm very to happy to hear that your GF is doing well.

Best Regards,
Max

Last edited by geo; 02/28/2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09/16/2006, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Max! Will be in touch.

Terry
Old 09/19/2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Just finished acclimating after receiving the pkg at 9:45. I want to thank Max for a superb job on packaging and everything was triple bagged in extra thick bags. Lights are out and probably will keep the light off with exception of feeding tonight with just actinics on. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Every fish was swimming well and the flagfin angel ate brine shrimp right away.

The only concern I've is that the white rayed goby is small compared to the tiger pistol that's already in there and wonder if the pistol eat the little guy for dinner when they find each other.
Old 09/20/2006, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

just finished acclimating my livestock from reefhotspot, as usual all specimen are healthy and beautiful. The chrysurus angel was a very nice size. Maxs you're the greatest!!! The cleaner shrimp acclimted well and my tiny flagfin is perfect. Thanks again MAXX
Old 09/20/2006, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

I want pics after the fish get settled in... LOL!
Old 09/20/2006, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

I was only able to get this picture but will try again tonight or tomorrow.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2..._0302Large.jpg