Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/04/2008, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

BTW, in case you're curious Cr33p, I'll be on there tonight.......sometime, probably after 8.

I may go play hockey at like 10:30, but maybe not if I can find a good game to get in to.
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Fire Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp
Old 01/04/2008, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steri
Ya, that's called marriage
I know exactly what you mean... I'm in the same boat.

But honestly, I was just kidding around... I see you online more than what I said... that's why I included the winky smiley after what I said... kind of like an "I'm kidding" at the end of my post.

Anyway... I retired from playing Madden games a LONG time ago... just not my cup of tea anymore.
Old 01/04/2008, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

I knew you were kidding. You'll have to try harder then that for me to be offended, especially in an OT thread

Seriously though, let's game it on sometime! Get your brother, get Rockband, and well get a band!

Or just play GH.
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Old 01/04/2008, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

I'll be online tonight, as well... my crack addiction, er, I mean my Mass Effect addiction, has been calling my name over the past few days... I think I am actually near the end of the story... I can't wait to start it again, only this time around I am going to be as evil as Darth Vader.

Then I need to make Tony happy and get my happy arse playing some COD4 on the PS3... I can't believe that I haven't even played that game yet!
Old 01/04/2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

COD 4 is cool. You'll like that. It's pretty technical. Ya, I still need to get Mass Affect. Too many games to buy......too much money to take away from my other addiction; Reefing.
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Old 01/04/2008, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

I have been doing pretty well on COD4 in the 2 days I have played it. I have passed the tank capture section and gone 3-4 check points after that.....pretty cool game. I think it was well worth it.
Old 01/04/2008, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Hell, I'm just happy that I got my copy of COD4 $20 cheaper than it normally costs... that was a victory in itself.
Old 01/04/2008, 06:29 PM
OT GODFATHER

poppy.....what is your online name?????

add "craftytony" to your friends list!
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 01/04/2008, 09:22 PM
OT GODFATHER

this just in...

WARNER BROS go BLU RAY EXCLUSIVE

We've all been wondering what to make of those whispers that Warner was indeed going Blu-ray exclusive, and apparently, those rumblings are true. Based on a breaking release, Warner Bros. Entertainment will be releasing its high-definition titles "exclusively in the Blu-ray disc format beginning later this year." According to Barry Meyer, Chairman & CEO, the move is a "strategic decision focused on the long term and the most direct way to give consumers what they want," and he also noted that "the window of opportunity for high-definition DVD could be missed if format confusion continues to linger." Notably, Warner will continue to release on both HD DVD and Blu-ray until May 2008, but after that, it's BD for life for this studio. Oh, and while there's nothing official mentioning any sort of payoff, we're hearing that quite a sum was dished out to make this happen. Full release posted after the jump.
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 01/10/2008, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Super Mario Galaxy... without a doubt in my mind, the best Mario game I have played since I owned an N64 and Mario 64.

Definitely one of the best Wii games that I have played so far...
Old 01/10/2008, 03:13 PM
OT GODFATHER

where are all my COD4 buddies?!?!?!?!? lol
Old 01/10/2008, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by craftytony
this just in...

WARNER BROS go BLU RAY EXCLUSIVE

So, I've been doing a lot of reading lately about Blu Ray, and I got to say, it surely does appear that they are planning to stick around for some time! Warner Bros, Blockbuster, ect.....they have some long term deals that don't look like they will be a fad. It may just be that they end up beating out HDDVD, but still that's good for them.

For now, I still like my up-convert DVD player and regular DVD's, but I'll admit it, I was wrong when I said I thought Blu Ray will just be a fad. It looks like it will be around for a while....but I still think this is only happening because Sony was smart enough to put Blu Ray on the PS3. If they didn't do that, Blu Ray would have died by now. Many many more poeple have Blu Ray players now, beucase of the PS3, that would not have thought about having one otehrwise. Smart move on Sony's part.
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Old 01/10/2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

BTW, I love that this thread lives on!

And I completely agree with Cr33p. Mario Galaxy is an amazing game!
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Old 01/10/2008, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steri
...but I still think this is only happening because Sony was smart enough to put Blu Ray on the PS3. If they didn't do that, Blu Ray would have died by now. Many many more poeple have Blu Ray players now, beucase of the PS3, that would not have thought about having one otehrwise. Smart move on Sony's part.
You're right, but I'm willing to bet that the blu-ray player that's in the PS3 is one of the more "bottom of the line" devices... just like their DVD player was back when the PS2 ruled the planet.