Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/24/2007, 11:30 AM
Premium Member

No clue if we'll be able to afford it by then, but I still hope to finish my basement and host a combo FVRC/Packer Game party. Hopefully we will by this Fall. Once we get it finished, I'll be sure to schedule it for an away game so Jon can make it

With Connie's income finally starting to pick up after a year unemployed, we have our fingers crossed!
Old 06/02/2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

when is the drs foster and smith frag swap for the june meeting
Old 06/02/2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

June 29th, 30th, and July 1st.

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
1-12g NC Mantis, 1-12g AP Brittle Star
2-cats
2-dogs (1 Catahoula Leopard Mix & 1 Shepherd Mix)
Old 06/02/2007, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

is there a car pool going on
Old 06/10/2007, 01:33 PM
hookt on fonix

Is there going to be a meeting during the F&S thing?
Just wondering what time and day so I can plan for it.
Old 07/23/2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

With Rhodescholar out for august, I submit that we all meet on Auguat 26th, sunday at a park that is easy to find, like Bay Beach or Pamprin, with a cooler full of our own drinkables and grillables. Some could bring grills and the kids could play. We could talk fish and relax.

This is only an idea to get it rolling. if anyone will second it, or make another suggestion as to a better, or locationaly more compatible park that is EASY to find, please speak up.

OR if you have a plan... lets hear it now. Lets have something ironed out by the first of Aug.

This way no one has to have it at their place if they don't want... and the weather is favorable for only a few months a year, lets take advantage.

OR, speak up.

Jason

Last edited by jmkarcz; 07/23/2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07/23/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

I think that a park is a good idea, Jason. However, I would prefer it to be the weekend before that just because we are going to be out of town that weekend.

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
2-cats
Old 07/23/2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

ok... I don't see any issues withthat... yet... but someone else will chime in shortly...

Does any one have a problem with the plan, (not the time, we can vote on that later... it could be even saturday for what it's worth... )

J
Old 07/23/2007, 07:42 PM
Eye on our reefs

Jason

Mako said he would be willing to move his meeting from September to August if need be but we need to tell him now.
Old 07/23/2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

I dont know... this might be a good ritual event to set during the summer, at least one meeting not at someone's house.... I think we should do it every 6 months... in the winter, we should all go somewhere with a nice fire and be cozy warm and talk tropical

It's his call. I felt that thi was an oppertunity for our all "unofficial club to act and decide something" rather that let today turn into tomorrow... then next week then complain because nothing got done... you know, we've discussed this before.

If I had not had a last minute oppertunity to take the kid to Disney, I'd have been at Jons.

J
Old 07/23/2007, 10:09 PM
Premium Member

^ Actually I think Mike said he'd be willing to do both.
Old 07/24/2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

well for not having a meeting at someones house I think I saw how well that worked out in March
Old 07/24/2007, 07:49 PM
Brighter the better

im in favor in the good weather out door meating and sat's are better then sundays for us (my wife works 3rds on sun) or we would just show up just for a short time. we do like baybeach idea. its ben a wile since we have ben there.
Old 07/24/2007, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

For those of you that have been negative, now post a helpful comment.

ahem.....

Seriously, I have no problem with mike.. he's got this really cool red car... and an awesome house. I was just trying to throw something out there fast and hopefully agreeable for everyone...

I would really like someone to grab it or toss out a winning idea. It's tuesday already... and this is how nothing ever gets done...

I will proly work till 4pm most saturdays for the rest of the summer but I will gladly come there after.

JK
Old 07/24/2007, 10:36 PM
Just another crazy

Wow lots of discussion here thats what I like about this club everyone is so agreeable. Hey Jason you never know I might have Customcolor paint my car red, but then it will be black I imagine. I'm up for anything, I will have to see when the sweet corn will be ready. If anyone wanted theres lots of room to set up tents or campers you could make a weekend out of it if anyone wanted too. Oh ya I got two fire pits, horse shoe pits, volley ball net and ball, and a fishing pool. The kid just hooked up a 57 inch wide screen in the garage when do the Packers start playing. And then theres the park very cool idea too would be more central for everyone and probably more fun for the kids. Hows that Jason?

Mike

Last edited by mako56; 07/24/2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07/25/2007, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

That sounds very good Mike I think I may just have to drop by and maybe camp over if it works out in my schedule. By the way props on the fishing pool.
Old 07/25/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Are we still talking about August or September? So confused...

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
2-cats
Old 07/25/2007, 07:10 PM
Brighter the better

im still new to the club ao im just trying to folow the leaders and will hope to attend all that i can.
mako56
i cant paint now . i got a tank to build!
Old 07/25/2007, 10:04 PM
Eye on our reefs

Here is the current list.

June - Frag Swap
July - Jon (jandlms)
August - ?
September- Mike (Mako56)
October - Crabbejoe

If the park idea for august is agreed upon lets get a thread started for it.

We need a November and January volunteer
Old 08/09/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Oh, we spoke with Crabbejoe, and we are going to host the October meeting at our place! Thanks!

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
2-cats
Old 09/03/2007, 07:32 PM
Eye on our reefs

Here is the current list.

June - Frag Swap
July - Jon (jandlms)
August - ?
September- Mike (Mako56)
October - MSU
November - DADavis at Seymour at Good Sheperd Meadow Wood
Old 09/07/2007, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Here is a little more information on Novembers meeting:
The system some of you have seen before will all be lit by 250W Phoenix 1400K DE bulbs. System is 5 Yrs old and refugium filtered. No skimmer. Alot of Homemade stuff on this system. 1 HP Motor for circulation 5700gph. System ~500G actual. (4) 92G Corner Tanks arrayed in a circle make up the display. No tech gadgets normally associated with a system of this size. Tanks have about 1" of sand if the engineer gobies don't have it all pushed up. Most all the rock is Manmade from Garf.

SPS
Montipora Digita (Blue Purple w-Yellow Polyps) Acropia Millipora light Purple Table Growth Variety and a Green Millipora with cream colored polyps.

SOFTIES
Sacro's w Green Polyps, a Gold Cap Sacro, Pink Sacro all that need to be fragged and a Zooanthids both Green, Yellow. Palythoa Green and Neon Green and Red. I have a GrayPurple Photosynthic Gorgonian, Rose Coral, Birarium Green Polyps, White Polyps, White Sheath and Purple Sheath Varieties, Pink Finger Leather, White Finger Leather, Anthilia Polyps, Woods Polyps

LPS
Trumpet Coral, Neon Green Galaxia, Green Closed Brain, Green Branching Hammer, Green Short Tentacle Plate, Hydropora Green??.

Unique to this system Plating Coraline Algae. I have not seen this anywhere else. There are at least 5 Color variations of coraline Red, Deep Red, Puple, Pink, Green.

Several kinds and colors of sponges are present, numerous truncates.

Some of the Fish Present are to big for the system and need a new home >100G. FOX Face Rabbit Fish 6", Pacific Blue Tang 5.5-6", Engineer Gobies 10".

Several speices of Snails are available. They are reproducing in this system. Looking for Hermits.

Looking for Rabbit Face Butterflies or Copperbanded Butterflies, Six Line Wrasses.

Freshwater dipping of all frags with RODI water avaible on sight.

Part of the meeting will a include a look at the Setup in my home which will be a month old by then.

A date needs to be picked Yet. Will have the meeting after 5:30pm.

Doors are always open here from 8:00am to 8:00pm and is located by the water tower at the north end of Seymour off Bronsen Rd. If you want to stop by and have me be there when you come please send me a PM
Old 09/07/2007, 12:10 PM
hookt on fonix

Daddavis1,
Little confused by your post and looked on the forum for maybe another post explaining what's going on. Is this a meeting to sell this system off or something else? I take it that this setup is somewhere else than your home, correct?
More info please
Old 09/18/2007, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Not looking at selling really, just posting some things that people may opt to trade for.

And yes this is not in my home. It's located in the Meadow Wood portion of the Good Shepherd Services complex in Seymour. This is down Bronson Rd. by the Water Tower. The street is across from the north end of the Outagamie County Fair Grounds.

Its always open from 9:00am to 8:00pm if you want to stop by and check stuff out.

PM me if you want something reserved most everything in the system is of fragable size. I can have things ready to take on the day of the meeting with about a weeks notice.

There is a fat fox face needing more elbow room for those of you with bigger systems. PM me if you can find a decent home for it.

I realize I don't have the dates mentioned above. But the 10th and the 11th work well for me. 6:00pm-8:00pm should be the time on either day.

Jason has talked me out of fragging the monster green galaxia. Sorry,

Dan
Old 09/18/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

You have any pics of the tank online?