Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/25/2007, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

me

Got this down to an art

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 10/25/2007, 08:42 AM
Simply Complicated

DWD wants it!
Old 10/25/2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

lol! nah, that time i was settin it up! oops, wrong thread.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:22 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
i dunno if it was a test car wearing G35 clothes or from another market, but it was pretty, and it had nissan skyline badging.
lol didn't mean to be snotty, it's just that this is something I'm excited about.

Quote:
Also that gtr is no skyline its a v6
Oh boo hoo. You probably think the V8 M3 isn't a "real" M3 too, right? Sorry, I'm all for progress in favor of tradition.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:24 AM
Simply Complicated

Do any of you have these cars? Will any of you have these cars?
Old 10/25/2007, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

no offense taken dwzm. i was drooling at the stoplight when i read the back of the car. so do you think the ATTESA system is gonna make it into the new one?

the rb26dett motor is always going to be sick, but you gotta believe if they are going to break away from that proven powerplant it is going to be something phenomenal.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:33 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
Does it matter?

Dave Ramsey says I shouldn't buy a Skyline unless I can pay cash. though if I started saving now, I could probably afford one by the time they hit our shores, since I don't currently have any car payments.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
DWD wants it!
Old 10/25/2007, 09:39 AM
I'm accident prone

If you see a car that looks like a G35 with "Skyline" on the back where "Infiniti" should be look for where the drivers seat is. If it is on the left then they are just trying to play off their G35 for a Skyline with a $5 emblem. Kind of like all those kids with "Type R" on their Civics. I guess they think that they are cooler with a different emblem.

Former 2005 Z owner here.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:41 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
no offense taken dwzm. i was drooling at the stoplight when i read the back of the car. so do you think the ATTESA system is gonna make it into the new one?
I dunno if ATTESA will make it in any current iteration. I'm guessing the new car will have a north-south engine layout, despite the V8 switch, so the current iteration (ATTESA-E-TS Pro) would work fine. It will be interesting if they incorporate an active front diff instead of leaving the standard LSD up front, though - that wouldn't surprise me, and it's just about the only way to upgrade the Pro system given what's available today. Unless they start doing something totally crazy, like integrate the ATTESA ECU with the engine's ECU to allow the AWD system control over throttle or boost or something. Some other manufacturers have started integrating tranny controllers and engine controllers in that sort of manner.

Quote:
the rb26dett motor is always going to be sick, but you gotta believe if they are going to break away from that proven powerplant it is going to be something phenomenal.
Exactly. Sorta like Porsche switching the 911 to watercooled, and likely to a V8 at some point in the future. . .
Old 10/25/2007, 09:43 AM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht
Does it matter?

Dave Ramsey says I shouldn't buy a Skyline unless I can pay cash. though if I started saving now, I could probably afford one by the time they hit our shores, since I don't currently have any car payments.
So you have read the book!
Old 10/25/2007, 09:44 AM
Simply Complicated

DWD Double points for the double quote by the same person!
Old 10/25/2007, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

as tinted as the windows were, i couldn't tell if a human or a zebra was driving, let alone which side of the car they were sitting on.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:51 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
So you have read the book!
And listened to the audio CD's! And done all the worksheets!

I follow a lot of his advice, but not all of it. Like with any similar "life management" program, you just have to adopt what works for you. For instance, one thing that he pushes hard that I don't do is cash envelopes for each line on your budget. That would, quite seriously, make me want to shoot myself.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:56 AM
Simply Complicated

I do the cash envelopes but not for the budget I modified it for us too.

Worksheets? I didn't get any worksheet!
Old 10/25/2007, 09:57 AM
m0delgator

The book was full of them!

. . . . wasn't it? I mean like the budget sheets and stuff. Or maybe that's just an extra. I have the whole "kit," not just the book. But I thought the sheets were actually in the book.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:01 AM
Simply Complicated

They weren't in my book. Ahhhh, you mean there is more I could be doing The book I have I got 7 years ago, I know that he has pout out others, maybe we don't have the same one. I remember the formulas and the pie charts ect but no worksheets. I'm getting old and forgetful if they were in there.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:02 AM
m0delgator

My copy is probably more like 2 or 3 years old. Dunno what the title or version is off the top of my head.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:06 AM
Simply Complicated

Mine has a green cover with gold letters, I passed it on to someone who needed it or I'd give you the title and date.
Old 10/25/2007, 01:00 PM
m0delgator

Oh crap! How timely was this thread. The GT-R was unveiled TODAY at the Tokyo auto show:

http://www.latimes.com/business/prin...es-pe-business

Another press release mentioned "transaxle AWD."

480 hp. 7:38 at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. That's about what a Porsche Carrera GT or a Pagani Zonda can do it in, and faster than plenty of purpose built open wheel cars. This officially makes the GT-R the best performance buy in the world, ever!
Old 10/25/2007, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

I gained 6% last month! woohoo.
Old 10/25/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Me and the wife started on the Ramsey Plan in April and since then we have paid off over 15k in debt! Looks like about another year and half and we should have everything done except the wife's student loans and the mortgage.. It is a great relief to say I will never borrow again.. Once you make the commitment, it's easy to follow, requires discipline, but easy to do. The envelope system is great too, really makes you think about what you are buying when you have to whip out the cash to pay for it. If you don't name every dollar that comes in, you will never know where it goes!! It works good if you go through this with several other people. Having support really helps!
Old 10/25/2007, 08:49 PM
Premium Member

well, i guess thats another thing you (odo) like that ill have to look into...

we are terrible with money,,,, but were great with out it..
Old 10/25/2007, 08:52 PM
Simply Complicated

It's a great thing for people that struggle with money. You will surprise yourself how much you can account for in as little as 2 weeks.
Old 10/25/2007, 09:06 PM
Premium Member

i have never struggled w/ money, iv done lots of struggling with out it...

and aquaria isnt helping...

im very glad to be down to a simple single mortgage and a single car payment...

now if i can give up food and electricity ill be set...