Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

I love working on the plubing, and figuring out what the best pump to use for each tank. Its fasicinating to me too heh. Guess its from our engineering backrounds heh.
Old 01/07/2008, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Glad it works...too bad you won't feel guilty at all while watching it.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

I haven't been watching it yet, my friends dad said to wait another week few days to hang it up and expect to never give it up heh. I can wait a few days 8D.
Old 01/09/2008, 06:37 PM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

The two times I have reported finding something of value to the police, I was required to bring it to the department and fill out paperwork. When not claimed within 30 days, the items would become mine, if claimed, then it goes to the rightful owner.

This is standard across all police departments, I am told by sources I can assure you are about the most reliable that could possibly be found.

This story lacks credibility from the very first post.

fish: royal gramma, true perc, hepatus tang, hawaiin sailfin tang, citron goby, radiant wrasse, 1m, 1f solarensis wrasse, fed Rod food
Old 01/09/2008, 08:03 PM
Tank Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by ostrow
The two times I have reported finding something of value to the police, I was required to bring it to the department and fill out paperwork. When not claimed within 30 days, the items would become mine, if claimed, then it goes to the rightful owner.

This is standard across all police departments, I am told by sources I can assure you are about the most reliable that could possibly be found.

+2

What town did you find it in ??? I would assume they have the same policy as Ostrow mentions....

Plus if I know where you found a 50" plasma on the side of the road, it might have landed next to a money tree that I can use to fund my addictions... I mean hobby...
Old 01/09/2008, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I found it in a very large town. The cop that I told it to did not report it, he just said hang out to it, if anything comes up I will let you know. No paperwork filed at all. If you wish to not believe me that is up to you, but I am telling the truth.
-Kyle Kaz
Old 01/10/2008, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

so do ten hail mary's and your all good right or wrong :-)
Old 01/10/2008, 10:31 AM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

I note that you neither name the town, nor the officer.

fish: royal gramma, true perc, hepatus tang, hawaiin sailfin tang, citron goby, radiant wrasse, 1m, 1f solarensis wrasse, fed Rod food
Old 01/10/2008, 10:35 AM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

Is this thing still going? Kyle man stuff happens for a reason. As somebody mentioned if a person were to lose this TV chances are their Karma was too screwed! NUFF SAID!
Old 01/10/2008, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
+3

I just didn't want to be the first person to say this story sounded like a massive load of B.S.
Old 01/10/2008, 11:39 AM
Male Gigolo

Quote:
I note that you neither name the town, nor the officer.

Its possible he doesn't want to name the town simply because he doesn't want someone from here to call and say they lost a TV. I know I wouldn't. haha
Old 01/10/2008, 11:49 AM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

So you really think that all you have to do is to call the police and say, "I lost a tv," and you magically are given a tv? If this were the case, why have you not tried it?

Think for a minute.

Old 01/10/2008, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

I would like to know what kind of CAR you can fit a 50 inch plasma with box into. Something STINKS
Old 01/10/2008, 12:14 PM

do the right thing, don't you owe the karma pool some?
Not that I believe in karma
Old 01/10/2008, 12:24 PM
OT HINEY SNIFFER

Why would he even both starting the thread....If I was going to keep the TV I wouldn't say anything to anyone, let alone post it on a public forum. Even if I did post it on a public forum I surely wouldn't say what size, brand, type, etc. That's just giving someone the oppurtunity to say yes I lost this TV. Now w/ that being said he should have filed a report, no matter what the cop said. Who's to say the person knows which city they lost it in and where to even file a report, they could have been driving to anywhere.
Old 01/10/2008, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BenjieC
Why would he even both starting the thread....If I was going to keep the TV I wouldn't say anything to anyone, let alone post it on a public forum.
Which is exactly the reason why people are saying that this story is B.S. in the first place... and yes, I agree with you also.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

So let's all have a Supebowl frag party and watch it!
Old 01/10/2008, 04:18 PM
Male Gigolo

Quote:
So you really think that all you have to do is to call the police and say, "I lost a tv," and you magically are given a tv? If this were the case, why have you not tried it?

Think for a minute.

I personally don't care one way or another if the story is true or not. I am just stating "why" he might be doing what he did.
Old 01/10/2008, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

that boy smokes to much gonja
P
Old 01/10/2008, 05:18 PM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

Old 01/10/2008, 05:46 PM
Tank Collector

Im going to go out on a limb here and say the police would want you to have a receipt or something to verify the TV was yours, it's not like you can just "claim" it.... So there's no reason NOT to post the town....

Why would he start the thread ??? Who knows.... maybe he has to justify it somehow... like "seriously, I FOUND a TV...." Look I even made a thread about it....

I know some red flags would've gotten raised at my parents house if I "magically" found a plasma TV.....

Somehow it mysteriously ended up in the middle median of Randall Road... It must've fallen out of a truck, but landed on a bed matress so as to not damage the box, and then lightly land on the median...

I can guarantee some poor guy has made a claim about his TV... Seriously, who wouldnt.... Show me ONE person on these forums who if they "lost" a plasma TV they wouldn't file a report...

Old 01/10/2008, 05:48 PM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

Not necessarily a lost tv that someone is claiming, is what I'd bet on, since this thread asked for my opinion!

Old 01/10/2008, 06:48 PM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
.....since this thread asked for my opinion!

You're right, it did. Many folks have offered their opinions, I chose to keep mine to myself here.
In any case, I am now of the opinion that this has gone on long enough, and then some.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....