Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/05/2008, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

i know the meaning of moderation,but then again i am not an addict.i however did have some demons of my own but i got help and got my life back.this is really all i want for him........just to have his normal life back.if he could ony see how easy his life is and has been,he would look at life different.he has everything that you could ever want but yet obviously isnt happy..................go figure............
Old 01/05/2008, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritten
It's done. There is no going back. I hope this doesn't wreck your whole weekend.
i am going to the bucs giants playoff game tomorrow and this isnt going to help my football tailgating mood
Old 01/05/2008, 07:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by checkinhawk
however did have some demons of my own but i got help and got my life back.this is really all i want for him
So, you know what he needs to do. If he's strong enough, he can see that there is life after dealing with personal demons. I wish only the best for your friend. Life is too precious to waste it away under the influence. You only get one chance.
Old 01/05/2008, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

from my point of view, he's been doing this for a while, he's obviously not going to stop no matter what anyone says to him. you did the right thing and he could not have a better friend. you may feel like crap, but guaranteed he feels a lot worse, just dosn't know it. he will hate you, but if he is a real friend he'll realize what he has done to himself and what he's put everyone else through was pointless and dangerous. you did the right thing, and don't let anyone tell you your wrong.

There were plenty of fish in the sea, but i wasn't ready to hang up my tacklebox.
Old 01/05/2008, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

thats what i keep telling him,live life to the fullest while you are here.being comatosed on somas isnt living IMO.he grew up with a silver spoon,new mustang at 16,corvette at 20,waterfront condo provided by parents,job that he comes and goes from(parents),overpaid for little work.......but isnt happy..........hell where can i sign up for that gig.
Old 01/05/2008, 07:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
thats what i keep telling him,live life to the fullest while you are here.being comatosed on somas isnt living IMO.he grew up with a silver spoon,new mustang at 16,corvette at 20,waterfront condo provided by parents,job that he comes and goes from(parents),overpaid for little work.......but isnt happy..........hell where can i sign up for that gig.
I recognize "the speech" as I've given it many times myself. You can't very well enjoy life if you're constantly stoned. I hope and pray that someday your friend realizes this. With friends like you, if he's willing, he can achieve the life that you and I know is worth living.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

i really do feel alot better after reading all that you guys and gals have said.id like to thank you all for the support you have offered me.maybe tonight i will be able to sleep better after reading all of your comments on this.right now i have a headache and my stomach is twisting
Old 01/05/2008, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

i donno... my best friend died from an overdose of oxys in october. I cant stopp thinking about him. I miss him so much. Everything I do sends me into memoryland.

Id rather have him hate me than dead *sigh*

He really left a mess behind.. Im trying to help his family, but I cant do enough. oi. I need to vent a little myself.

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 01/05/2008, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Take an aspirin and some Pepto Bismal You did the right thing. Just continue to be there for your friend when he needs you. However, I reiterate, do NOT let this drag you down. You have your own life to live and if your friend isn't willing to help himself, you can't do anything more to help him. Be there for him when he needs you but DO NOT let it get you down.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TOURKID
i donno... my best friend died from an overdose of oxys in october. I cant stopp thinking about him. I miss him so much. Everything I do sends me into memoryland.

He really left a mess behind.. Im trying to help his family, but I cant do enough. oi. I need to vent a little myself.
im truely sorry to read this,and very sorry to hear about your loss....... this is exactly what i have been trying to get into my friends thick head for a while now.i can only hope this is the turning point for him.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TOURKID

What a shame. I feel for you Tourkid. I lost a cousin to heroin about 10 years ago. I honestly wish there was a way to end this kind of "problem" in the human psyche.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:31 PM
Moved out

VERY good thing you did Chris. Only a real friend would do what you did. Deep down he knows you did what you did because you care.

You got some major good Karma coming to ya for that one.

Take care,
Chris
Old 01/05/2008, 08:31 PM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by amcarrig
Be there for him when he needs you but DO NOT let it get you down.
+1! Hard as it is, you need to remove your emotions from this situation. Either it's gonna turn out OK, or it isn't. Make your decisions logically, and be ready to move on yourself.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cwegescheide
VERY good thing you did Chris. Only a real friend would do what you did. Deep down he knows you did what you did because you care.

You got some major good Karma coming to ya for that one.

Take care,
Chris
i hope so Chris,i have known this guy for over 15 years now and would hate this to end our friendship.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht
+1! Hard as it is, you need to remove your emotions from this situation.
im trying but like you said it is hard.i dont even know if his family has been contacted yet and i just cant bring myself to call his parents to find out.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
im trying but like you said it is hard.i dont even know if his family has been contacted yet and i just cant bring myself to call his parents to find out.
Don't call them then. Just keep in touch with your friend for the time being.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

i wont be able to contact him if he is in the psych ward.they give out a code and if you dont have it they wont tell you anything about him or his status.im kind of thinking his family will contact me but we shall see.
Old 01/05/2008, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

OMG i just got a call from my friend and he is being released....................WTH.............he wants me to come pick him up.what happened to the baker act the cops told me they were going to do.i will update this later.
Old 01/06/2008, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

hmph. You can tell your friend about the images that haunt me daily.

Oh his 4 year old boy screaming 'i want to see my daddy' as the coffin rolled out of the church.

Or maybe he would like to talk to the fiance that never got to marry her husband, thats now so broke she dident have food for her 4 year old child 2 days ago and I had to send some grocery cards.

I had to drive alot today, so i had way to much time to think. your friend is selfish. so was mine. I hope he can see the light. but i doubt any amount of time in a ward would have done anything anyways.

Old 01/06/2008, 02:37 PM
Moved out

Wow I'm sorry Tourkid. Thats sickening. Its the innocent ones that really makes it tough.
Old 01/06/2008, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

well i did leave out the fact that he has a small child that needs his father.i picked him up last night and it appears he has seen the light.he is now worried how to go about getting help.i told him between his parents and brothers and sister that the kid would be fine for a month if he goes into a rehab.the kid doesnt need to know he is getting rehab,just tell him daddy needs a little vacation and will be gone for a month.oh and he didnt take 5 somas like he told the EMT's,he told me he took 10 of them.
Old 01/06/2008, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

chemicals suck

Old 01/06/2008, 05:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
well i did leave out the fact that he has a small child that needs his father.i picked him up last night and it appears he has seen the light.he is now worried how to go about getting help.i told him between his parents and brothers and sister that the kid would be fine for a month if he goes into a rehab.the kid doesnt need to know he is getting rehab,just tell him daddy needs a little vacation and will be gone for a month.oh and he didnt take 5 somas like he told the EMT's,he told me he took 10 of them.
I certainly hope that he has seen the light but if he hasn't, you'll know soon enough. If he really wants to get clean, he'll be willing to go away for as long as it takes to get well. I wish him well.
Old 01/06/2008, 05:21 PM
Moved In

You did what you thought was the right thing for him at the time, so IMO, it was the right thing. I have a lot of addicts in my immediate family. You nor anyone else can make him go straight, he has to 'get' it himself. Hopefully some day he will thank you for caring. It's a long road and won't be easy, and there may be a day you do part ways. Stuff like this happens. Good luck with it all.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/06/2008, 05:35 PM
Team RC Member

HOping he can line up the things in his life that are more important to him than the drugs, pile them all up and get the wherewithal to figure what he stands to lose if he keeps going the direction he is. He has to do much more than say "no." He has to start walking the other direction, hard as he can. He may relapse now and again, but if he starts that walk away from the edge, and keeps it up, power to him. It's going to be a long hike.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.