Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)

Old 05/11/2007, 10:59 PM
Premium Member

I am such a pansey... I don't even know how to spell that flower... Have you ever done that before? How heavy is your tank? How many people would I need to move it? Would it be better if I hired a mover? To move yours to mine?
Old 05/11/2007, 11:05 PM
Premium Member

Talking to my Husband about it now... He just landed...
Old 05/11/2007, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I've moved tanks a ton of times. When I bought it I put the tank, stand and canopy in the back of my minivan. Very tight fit. Since it is acrylic it isn't that heavy, 2 strong people to do it. If you hire someone they won't know what to do and you won't know how to set it back up. Can you get a couple friends with a big vehicle?
Old 05/11/2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Smaller is easier to care for. I don't plan on having a skimmer or any extras. Big tanks are nice but if you are busy and have to choose between nothing or a smaller tank I'd like to keep my fish!
Old 05/11/2007, 11:17 PM
Premium Member

Are you doing coral, mixed? And that makes sense... Gees... haha... I would have to get a bigger skimmer... haha... Have to tell my husband this...
Old 05/11/2007, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

I had a ton of coral and equipment but I sold it off. I don't think you need all that fancy equipment to make a tank work. I'd set yours up with a large refugium with macroalgae, a couple tangs for algae control, and natural answers instead of equipment. I had a huge skimmer and I didn't notice a difference in the tank when I shut it off. My skimmer was just too loud. This would be mainly a zoanthid tank and they aren't that pickey.
Old 05/12/2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Still available.
Old 05/12/2007, 10:02 AM
Tank Collector

Can you send me some more pictures to spnkncobra@aol.com, or post them ?? Also what are the dimensions of the setup, youre talking about the stand and canopy coming along with that setup correct ?? I have a 90g RR clarity plus with stand and canopy that I may be interested in swapping, but needed more info/pics..... my tank is dry right now so it would be an easy swap.

How else is the condition of the tank, any scratches, etc.... I would hate to drive all the way down and there be a scratch or something on the tank that will void the deal.... especially with gas so expensive.

Does yours have a sump/fuge, skimmer, etc.....

Last edited by badazztealcobra; 05/12/2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05/12/2007, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Ahenson.... My Husband is OK with me getting a bigger tank, but her has requested that I wait a couple of months because I just got more live rock and better lights on the one I have... Sorry ... Not that it will be around that long, but if it is, let me know... Thanks for answering all of my questions...
Old 05/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Tank Collector

Heres a pic of my tank, stand, and canopy..... I would possibly be interested in a trade, but needed more information about your setup. The previous owner had 2-175w MH's on it with no issues. I was personally thinking about going with thwe solaris for it, but might have gone with the same setup he was using....

Old 05/12/2007, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

The tank has the scratches you might expect out of a few year old tank. It has one on the outside on the bottom right corner 1-2" long. If you want it scratch free it would need to be buffed out. That is one reason I am wanting a smaller glass tank. I can clean it easier.
Yes the stand and canopy come with the tank. The stand has enough room to fit a 55g in as a sump. It has 4 exhaust fans in the canopy. It also has a moonlight strip I've never used but could include.
Old 05/13/2007, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Bump