Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/25/2005, 01:41 PM
TRC Leader

Eric, here are your pictures:

Old 08/25/2005, 01:41 PM
TRC Leader

Eric, here are your pictures:

Old 08/25/2005, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Tell your sister to reschedule.
have you ever seen a show on TV called "Bridezilla's"?...
YOU tell her man, I'm not stepping in front a that train! LOL.

-J
Old 08/25/2005, 05:25 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

dang marc those are soem sweet pics. what camera you have again.

now i'm super sad because my CBB died today check my thread for the whole story

yours looks like a beauty. wish mine did
Lunchbucket

"Nancy-Boy Extraordinaire"
- maxxII-
Old 08/25/2005, 05:45 PM
TRC Leader

Aww man!!!! My first one died as well, and the LFS swore it was in their possession for four weeks eating their food. I never thought to buy their food since it was going into a tank infested with aiptasia and featherdusters, but a week later its stomach was pinched and the next day it had died. I couldn't believe it.

Tom was purchased from a club member because it was picking on his clams. Once I put him in the tank, he swam around and in and out of the rockwork avoiding Nibbles, but the next day I never saw him again. 5 days later, working in the fishroom I spied him through the overflow in the rear corner hiding inside a nook in the rockwork. Surrounded by aiptasia, it looked like he somehow survived without eating a one of those. Day by day he got more and more bold until now he swims anywhere he wants and no-one bothers him.

I hope you'll have success with your next attempt. Be sure it is eating when you get it at your LFS, and buy the same food it currently consumes to assure success.
Old 08/25/2005, 06:30 PM
Premium Member

Marc the right side of your tank is the local hangout for those peppermint shrimps. Almost every pic of that side of the tank, they're in it. =D good pics!
Old 08/25/2005, 06:36 PM
TRC Leader

I know, they are so funny --- I guess they are "The Peppermint Gang". There are actually 6 over there, 5 together and one just in front acting like a scout.
Old 08/25/2005, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

That is one well fed CopperBand!!!

No, Officer i swear, its just kalkwasser
Old 08/25/2005, 10:31 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

yeah i hope my 2nd one works out. glad yours is so happy and healthy. oh and mine better not touch a clam...i'd be ****ed.

i didn't get my from my LFS...i got it from marine depot live. but i guess my LFS has a few....but their tanks SUCK. ususaly everything has ICH and is dead, beat up or dying. it's a toss up...get a visually eating one at my CRAPPY LFS or get another from MD. i guess i could try MD for a 2nd time...and then see if my LFS would get one for me...i know them pretty well. 35 bucks for shipping isn't terrible trying to get another CBB i guess.

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 08/25/2005, 10:37 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

Awesome pictures Melev and beautiful fish!

Rock Anemone
Old 08/26/2005, 12:22 PM
TRC Leader

You know, it was funny trying to get his picture. He wouldn't come out from behind the rockwork, so I used a clever trick by taking pictures of all the other fish. Suddenly he felt left out. When I moved to the right side of the tank to get pictures of the Peppermint Gang, he decided to get his picture taken, and he posed repeatedly like any hard working super model.
Old 08/26/2005, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Marc, I just got a CBB 2 days ago, supposedly he was living at the LPS for 3 weeks and I got to see him eat, frozen Brine Shrimp, but he ate them. Anyway as soon as he hit the tank he hunted and ate all the tiny feather dusters on the rocks. Today I noticed he's eating the few aiptasia that I have (yeah) but he picks all day long on the rocks. Do you have any idea what he is eating? Its nothing I can see. Do they eat pods?

Here's a pic of my guy

Old 08/26/2005, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Aww man!!!! My first one died as well, and the LFS swore it was in their possession for four weeks eating their food. I never thought to buy their food since it was going into a tank infested with aiptasia and featherdusters, but a week later its stomach was pinched and the next day it had died. I couldn't believe it.

Tom was purchased from a club member because it was picking on his clams. Once I put him in the tank, he swam around and in and out of the rockwork avoiding Nibbles, but the next day I never saw him again. 5 days later, working in the fishroom I spied him through the overflow in the rear corner hiding inside a nook in the rockwork. Surrounded by aiptasia, it looked like he somehow survived without eating a one of those. Day by day he got more and more bold until now he swims anywhere he wants and no-one bothers him.

I hope you'll have success with your next attempt. Be sure it is eating when you get it at your LFS, and buy the same food it currently consumes to assure success.
All 3 of mine died , they are 29 bucks at lfs's around here . i couldnt keep em alive for more than 3 days yet any other fish was all happy. =/ MY GUESS would be i had be trying super hard to kill aptasia and maybe the cbb's had gotten a mouth full of kalk
Old 08/26/2005, 04:55 PM
TRC Leader

Maybe it is eating tiny worms, pods or even smaller aiptasia that you can't see yet, Colleen.
Old 08/26/2005, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

whatever it is he is certainly enjoying them. While cruising over the reef when he sees something he'll stop dead and quiver his tail/body like a cat then pounce. Its very cute.

does he look skinny to you? I hadn't really noticed it till I posted the pic above.
Old 08/26/2005, 05:22 PM
TRC Leader

Yes, he does look thin, but maybe you have other images of him in different positions where he looks thicker. Plus you've got the real fish. Get off your computer and go look at your fish!
Old 08/27/2005, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Plus you've got the real fish. Get off your computer and go look at your fish!
Coming from Marc, this has to be the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard in my life!!!

Beautiful pics by the way. I miss my reef already! But I did put a contract on a house with a huge basement out here so it should be fun planning again!

Click the red house above to visit my thread
Old 08/27/2005, 07:16 PM
TRC Leader

How dare you, sir!!

I get up frequently to look at my fish.
Old 08/27/2005, 09:12 PM
Huh?

Hey Marc, I noticed that your water parameters haven't been posted in a while on your website... maybe I missed them? I was curious to see how everything was going with your water chemistry - Hopefully everything is going smooth.
Old 08/27/2005, 11:06 PM
TRC Leader

I've got them here on my desk, and did post them in this thread 7 days ago. I am about to do tests again tomorrow, so I'll update the parms page on the site then. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Old 08/28/2005, 07:12 AM
Huh?

hehe I asked because I completely forgot that I was supposed to retest my own water like 4 days ago, so did them last night and finally updated the website. I also have been following this thread more and more, plus the website... can't wait till everything of yours straightens out tp perfection
Old 08/28/2005, 09:41 AM
Master of the Box Lunch

wildthing - hopefully yoru CBB does well. mine hunted the LR too for a week before kicking the bucket but he didn't hit very hard on the rock...more of a whimpy pick

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 08/28/2005, 12:38 PM
TRC Leader

Electrobes, I may be closer than I think. I did yet another water change last night, another 45g or so. That would be 130 gallons that have been changed in 3 days. The rest went to the frag tank since it hasn't had a change of water since I set it up. While studying the carnage in my tank (the dead SPS), I know I saw polyps on a montipora that looks like death with a nice coating of cyano.

A larger acro that has changed colors yet again has been heading toward milk-chocolate brown, but when I look closely, I see purple polyps.

Other SPS are less than photo-worthy, but I get a sense of hope that things are much closer to success than to failure.
Old 08/28/2005, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Marc how is that frag tank doing? Do you have a thread for it, or any current pics?
Old 08/28/2005, 01:06 PM
TRC Leader

Over all it is doing fine. The corals are less vivid, but then again they were uprooted from their happy tank and are in a totally different environment.

I'll see about posting some images later today.