Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/15/2004, 06:17 PM
Take your time...........

Reef safe ICH stuff

Has anyone every tried the reef and invert safe ich medications? If so would you recommend it?
Old 11/15/2004, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

No reef safe medication is truely 100% effecetive. I do however use Kent Garlic and Coral-Vital The Reef Life Energizer when I don't have a Hospital tank or it is a minor case. The only true proven cures for ich are copper and hyposalinity.
Old 11/15/2004, 06:52 PM
The Original Happy Banana

QTing is the number 1 solution!
Old 11/15/2004, 10:15 PM
Stop touching me!!!

I tried Kick-Ich and it didn't seem to make any difference, then I added Rally and all but 4 of my fish died. Didn't seem to hurt the inverts...
Old 11/15/2004, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

I have used Kent's Rx.p with great success. I have battled with ick since the day of my first fish. I have tried kick ick and many others. Rx.p has been a godsend for my fish. The inverts I have are mushrooms, cleaner shrimp, red fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp and a few snails and it seems to irritate them for an hour or so but then they are ok. MUST KEEP SKIMMER GOING!!

I also feed the fish a little more because as long as they are eating they should be ok. You can also use it as a dip. Be prepared for the room the tank is in to have a very peppery smell to it. It actually makes my dog sneeze for a little while after I put it in.
This is what works for me!
Good luck
Joe
Old 11/15/2004, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

I purchased an existing tank, fish, corlas, etc from a fellow. The tank needed alot of cleaning and the fish had ich. Before combining my 90 gallon with the new 180 I treated the fish with garlic extract. Simply soak brine shrimp or whatever you feed in garlic extract then strain and feed. You probably don't even have to strain but I think that it is a good idea.

Aaron