Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/22/2006, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

I talked to Sam last night and should be receiving my order tomorrow. I'm very excited and will post a review once I get everything placed. By the way, it was very nice chatting with you Sam and thanks for the great service thus far.
Old 08/23/2006, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

You won't be dissapointed Peter Eichler. I picked up some macro from Sam recently for a good price. I've gotten zoo's from him before and they made my nano look real nice. I hope Sam expands his inventory so I can go back for more stuff.
Old 08/23/2006, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

very popular guy!!
Old 08/25/2006, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

I know its been said before, but Sam is EXCELLENT to deal with. I was a bit of a pain in the rump, but he was very patient and understanding in his dealing with me. Everything arrived in great condition. Great packing. Fast... Everything was opening up this morning before I left the house and there were some nice colors in there. Order with confidence.

And thank you Sam for being patient with me...
Old 08/25/2006, 12:54 PM
Moved On

Hey Mr. Popular. When are you going to start carrying SPS as well? *hint hint*

D.
Old 08/28/2006, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

I ordered quite a few frags from sam a few months ago, and they are all amazing, better in person then the pictures. The frags are all now nice size colonies. Would LOVE to do buisness again! Packaging and shipping was better then i've ever seen from anyone.. Thanks again sam!
Old 08/31/2006, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

Thanx

I ordered a bundle of zoanthids from Sam and I absolutely loved them. The packaging was excellent, and every Zoanthid made it in perfect shape. He even through in 4 freebies, including a rock with several shrooms, and 2 different Ricordia rocks. And yes I loved the Spiderman with blue Zoo's I will defineately be ordering from you again in the future Sam....thanx for the excellent products and service.
Old 09/06/2006, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

I just received a shipment from Marine Flora that was absolutely outstanding! The zoa’s were opened within a couple of hours and really shine in my tank. It’s amazing how a few wonderfully colored zoas can fill in and provide that little extra in a reef tank. Everything was expertly packed and arrived in wonderful shape.

I’ll definitely order from Sam again…great product and customer service
Isiah 40:31
Old 09/16/2006, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Sam,

I just got my order in and they were not only healthy & hardy, but very generous. I also received lots of freebies (zoo's, rics, & another type of macro algae) which I greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great stuff & I know who the next time to order from if I need any macroalgae.

Meng
Old 09/30/2006, 11:19 PM
Hab SoSlI' Quch!

Sam,

I just checked out your site and it looks great! I can't wait to have my tank finished so I can get more of those lovely zoos from you!

By the way, the blue zoos and yellow/green zoos that I got from you a few months ago are doing fantastic. I can't believe how blue the blues are, and my yellows are like glow in the darks!

Do you have any new macro?

Thanks again!
Old 09/30/2006, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Sam,

thanks for getting your site back up and running again!

This third order i got simply looks amazing, you really out do yourself everytime so many colors and a couple of freebies too!!

Next time i gotta order some of your macro!

thanks again sam for your excellent customer service and great products

Brandon
Old 10/02/2006, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

I bought a frag pack and some colonies from www.marineflora.com in July and in general was happy with the experience.

I was very happy with the product and the shipping. I was not happy with USAir, which cancled my flight so I didn't get home to receive the Zoa shipment. Even with extra time in the box and the very poor acclimation I gave them due to general chaos of getting back a day late, ~80% of the frags in the frag pack did fine or had only modest die back.

The frags in the frag pack varied a bit in size and colorfulness, with a few oh wow ones ones, most very nice, and a few more so-so ones to round out the pack. Given that a lot of freebies were thrown in, that means all of the ones I paid for were very nice or better. Overall an Excellent deal.

The colonies that I got didn't fair as well (2 out of the 4 survived). I think the poor survial is due to problems on my end with receiving the shipment and not the shipment itself. From the 2 that did well, its clear they looked almost exactly what I saw on his webpage, both in color an size.
Old 10/03/2006, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Hi Sam,

I want to thank you for your excellent and friendly service. I am planning to order more from you just as soon as I get thing sorted out.

Best Regards,
12gl Aquapod
New "custom euro" 90 gallon under construction!
Old 10/03/2006, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

I brought the $89 Zoos package from Sam couple weeks ago. The corals came with two new thermal containers. They were packed very well. I like the color of those zoos. I said to myself that I will buy from Marineflora again!

Last week, I went to Sacramento for a company meeting so I visited Marineflora after the meeting. This is the best place for Zoos. You know the story. I spent another $150 again.

I brought so many zoos that he missed one pink zoos. I got a call from Sam at night and he is going to send the pink zoos to me tomorrow. Great customer services!!!

2 Seio 1100 powerheads
110 lb LR
90 lb LS
Old 10/04/2006, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Got my starter pak of 5 zoas a few weeks ago and everything was great!! They even through in a couple extra ones. All of them opened up by the next day and are already spreading and sending out new buds.

I am extremely happy with Marine Flora and the staff there. They were very helpful setting me up with a good starter set!!!

I am definitely going to order more livestock from them in the future, once I convince myself that I know what I am doing!

Thanks Sam!!
Old 10/04/2006, 12:57 PM
Moved On

Hurry up with those SPS Sam *hint hint*

D.
Old 10/05/2006, 02:11 AM
Registered Member

Just got back from Marine Flora!! I scored some awesome frags!!!!! lunar eclipse, some mini tunicate cluster colonies, some other really nice colored zoo frags! there is sooo much more at his place than he lists on his site! highly recommended!! A+++ service!! Will definitely buy again! Thanks Sam!!!
Old 10/06/2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Did you know MarineFlora now selling Drygoods ? I ordered couple reeflux bulbs, 2 T5 and 2 filter sock from Sam. Super fast shipping and great packaging. $57 for a Reeflux bulb is best deal you can find. ...
Thanks Sam..

Some of the items are not listed on the website. Just email and ask him.
Old 10/07/2006, 12:48 AM
Broke

Can't wait until my tank is done with the cycling, saw the website AMAZING
Old 10/13/2006, 10:33 PM
Dolphins at Seaworld

Sam rocks, not to mention good looking I just got done purchasing a whole bunch of awesome zoos and palys from him. I was looking at spending $15 to $30 a polyp at some other online place.

Sam gave me 5 polyps for the price of one. We're talking limited editions here. At the end of the deal he knocked off an additional $20. You gotta love this guy. He's generous, great to deal with, and he's got the good stuff. Give him a call, before you decide to go elsewhere. I'm sure glad I did.
Old 10/21/2006, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

You guys convinced me to make my first order of zoos from MarineFlora, they should be here next week hopefully, I just emailed them to see if I could upgrade to get the free pink paly special because those are my favorites! I'll update when I get them..... I'm so excited!
Old 10/22/2006, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Grrrrreat!!

First experiance was an A++ Lots of interesting colors and assortment. Sam is very generous with size and is willing to work out some deals with you. Lots of interesting types of macro algae ( my tang will be thanking you for the different types of red algae that he love to eat). The ricordias alreay look pretty happy. Thanks a lot!!
Old 10/24/2006, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

Just got some Zoo's from Sam.

Super nice guy and the Zoo's were awesome. It was like being a kid at a candy store.

If you are looking for colorful and Zoo's at a great price. Sam is the man
Old 10/26/2006, 11:03 AM
RC Admin

Hi all.

I'm closing this thread. The purpose of the vendor feedback forum is not really long running theads on vendors. Each person with feedback should post their own thread.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc