Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/03/2008, 12:24 AM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...2#post11509702
Old 01/03/2008, 12:24 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye ME
"Other than turning the ball over 4 times they played a great game."

And you wonder why SEC fans are looked down upon and thought of as lacking in the intelligence department.
Hmm, one interception was from a stupid trick play that didn't have a chance at working. The other interception was from a D lineman. Both fumbles came from Hart on the 1 yard line. Give me a break, those 4 turnovers were really lucky. I know I am making FLA look bad right now but it is the truth. Michigan played a good enough game to win with 4 turnovers. FLA played horrific. What do you want me to say, the Big ten is better than the SEC? Riiight.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/03/2008, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

I cant believe how boring college football is
Old 01/03/2008, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
UMMM wow...FLA KILLED OSU 41-14 last year. FLA lost by a mere two field goals and still played their worst game of the season. Imagine if FLA came to play? yeah please sitdown and close your mouth.
Wow im not gonna say this beating by Michigan is as bad as the Ohio State game but you gotta look at the facts. Michgian wins by 2 field goals and there are 3 turnovers in the redzone. If Mike Hart holds onto the ball twice Florida gets beat by 20 not not 6. I didnt see the first half of the game but the second fumble he doesn't need to reach for the endzone at all.

Face it semi you sound just like me last year, and just like me no matter what I saw say your gonna deny it and believe Florida was the better team.

hehe and where was Floridas "great speed" if Ohio State can get pressure on Chad Henne surely Florida should have been able to make him **** his pants every time he goes back to throw.

Quote:
Dude you truly dont know a darn thing about college football do you? Did you even watch FLA play at all this year? FLA's secondary was weak this whole year and to no suprise, Hynne tore us apart. Our secondary SUCKS! If we even had a decent secondary we would have easily came out with a win. I was at the game and I couldn't believe how easy Manningham (however you spell his name) got open. Our secondary seriously has maturing to do in the offseason. And what the heck was with FLA's o-line? Gave Tebow like less than two seconds to find a receiver. Definately their worst game of the season without a doubt. Any Florida fan would agree with me.
To be honest no i have not watched Florida much at alll this year because i really dont get their games I saw the Auburn and Lsu game other than that all i'd see were Tebow reel highlights. I had no prior knowledge of their secondary, though i didn't hear anything about their "weak" secondary on Espn when they were talking about the matchup

and trust me i know all about worst games at the worst times

Last edited by emerald chondro; 01/03/2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01/03/2008, 11:59 AM
Here comes the Gators

The reason why FLA killed OSU last year was because of our defense. We lost like 80 percent if not more of returning defensive players. Michigan was the better team that day but overall FLA is.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/03/2008, 11:59 AM
Here comes the Gators

On ESPN, 91 percent picked FLA to win...see what I mean?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/03/2008, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
On ESPN, 91 percent picked FLA to win...see what I mean?
and last year i'm sure a high percentage chose Ohio State so using your logic you'd agree Ohio State was the better team last year
Old 01/03/2008, 02:08 PM
troublemaker

Isn't Ohio State like 0-8 vs. the SEC for the last decade or so?

Reading locally here, they brought up that point recently ... which I thought was interesting. [That said, here we tend to view Ohio State as being the most over-rated Big Ten team ... so this lined up exactly with my sentiments ]
Old 01/03/2008, 02:15 PM
Always a Buckeye

....says the guy whose team wins a B10 championship every 15 years or so.
Old 01/03/2008, 02:19 PM
troublemaker

I count 3 in that period, but if that's what you need to feel good when losing vs. the SEC ... go ahead and continue with the usual OSU exaggerations.
Old 01/03/2008, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

Over rated in the country? I'm not sure I can logically argue with that, tho I think we can beat LSU...

SC is where its at right now. Georgia is pretty damn good too.

Over rated in the Big Ten??? Serioulsy, that made me laugh out loud.

5 out of 6 years in a BCS bowl with a 3-1 record to date and one to yet play.

6 out of 7 years we beat Michigan. 4 in a row.
Back to Back to Back Big Ten Championships. 4 in 6 years.

We have only lost One conference game in 2 seasons.
(and one non conference, in a nation championship!)

So Mark, in your area, who do people think is the better Big Ten team??
Old 01/03/2008, 03:08 PM
Always a Buckeye

Yeah, you got 3 in 15 years (two of those shared, both with Ohio State).....and have to go to 1962 to get the 4th, then god knows how long to find the fifth.

It's ok though, I'd be delirious too if I had to live in Wisconsin.
Old 01/03/2008, 03:16 PM
troublemaker

Depends on the year, to be honest.

I'd just say that it seems like in the national polls, Mich and OSU tend to be highly rated [well, not Michigan this year ] where other good Big Ten teams can be overlooked.

But as Northwestern has won a Big Ten championship in the last 20 years ... IMO there's normally a couple teams I'd call `elite' each year - and that this list changes year to year.

This year is a muddle IMO, as no team seemed to put together a `complete season' as I see it.

I'd really be for a discrete Championship game for the Big Ten. Take the top `rated best' teams and see which wins the game, as other conferences do. At season's end, sometimes the best team isn't always the one ranked highest. [as so many Bowl Games seem to demonstrate]

All IMO
Old 01/03/2008, 03:29 PM
troublemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye ME
It's ok though, I'd be delirious too if I had to live in Wisconsin.
Ah, resorting to trying to slam my home.

What a classy way to represent OSU.

Funny thing is, Middleton ranked #1 this year [among comparable size cities] for places to live in the U.S. Madison also ranked as #1 a few years back and still is high on the list .... must be for the crummy life we have here.
Evidently our delirium must be contagious

Last edited by MiddletonMark; 01/03/2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01/03/2008, 03:36 PM
Always a Buckeye

Hey if you like 4 months a year of snow, more power to you.
Old 01/03/2008, 03:39 PM
troublemaker

Yep, all that extra time for skiing, snowmobiling, and all the fun winter brings

I guess living in snow-free Ohio must be amazing with the tropical winters, palm trees, and sunbathing from December to March.

Last edited by MiddletonMark; 01/03/2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01/03/2008, 03:43 PM
Premium Member

They have 11 titles over all, since 1896. But only 5 since we joined the conference in 1913.

Since joining in 1913. Ohio state has claimed 32 B10 titles.

Since 1942, 5 National Championships. Tied for 4th in the nation and the best in the Big Ten.
(I tried finding the last time that Wisky won a NC but I cant seem to find any... )

We are 2nd in the Big Ten with 38 Bowl Visits. (10th in the Nation.) Penn State has 39. Wisconsin has 18.

Sure, Bring up 0-8 vs the SEC. It's actually in Bowl Games, not a decade thing...

In regular season games, were 7-2-2 vs SEC.

1-0-1 vs LSU.

Tressel is 1-0 vs Les Miles.
Old 01/03/2008, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

12 National Championships
(and thats not counting all of them)

Most Bowl appearances in the NCAA

Most Bowl Wins in the NCAA

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01/03/2008, 03:50 PM
troublemaker

Treg, we make that up in NCAA Hockey titles

I guess I don't see where saying OSU can be often overrated is dependent upon claiming Wisconsin has some great football legacy. [which we don't]
Old 01/03/2008, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Hey, I love Hockey. But honestly my friend, in Ohio, Snow here today can be gone tomorrow... Let alone Ice.

I've watched my pond freeze and thaw 3 times already this winter.

But overall Michigan and Ohio State have claims to the top 2 spots in Big Ten football hands down.

I could understand you having a beef with the BCS ratings. I'm tired of seeing teams like USF rated in tops spots... Bowl games prove those teams dont belong at the top. But over rated in the Big Ten?? Come on Mark... 2 conference losses in 3 years! 1 in 2 years. 2 NON conference losses in 3 years, Both to NC teams!

As a B10 brother, you should be supporting Ohio State in this game, Or any Big Ten team in a bowl game!

Hell I was pulling for Michigan against Florida, Tho I admitt that win cost me $150. Damn Michigan.

Michigan put up 41 on Florida, Should have been 55. Maybe more. We held that team to 3 points!! In THEIR stadium! How can you call that over rated?

Boeckman, I'll give you that one... I hated hearing about is pass efficency being one of the top in the country... I have NO confidence in that guy.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:57 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Its all good UGA as of now is the best team in the NATION.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/03/2008, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Boeckman, I'll give you that one... I hated hearing about is pass efficency being one of the top in the country... I have NO confidence in that guy.
I think that's OSU's key to winning the NC. If Boeckman plays like he did against PSU, I like our chances. If he plays like he did against Illinois, it's gonna be last year all over again. Because Beanie's not gonna be able to run all over LSU like he did UM, especially if Dorsey is healthy.
Old 01/03/2008, 05:41 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by bluerug
Its all good UGA as of now is the best team in the NATION.
Put down the pipe an open a window.
Old 01/03/2008, 05:54 PM
Here comes the Gators

Hey, if FLA, UGA, LSU or Tennessee played in the Big ten they would be winning all their conference games going to the NC back to back too. I would absolutely love to see OSU in the SEC just for one year. Wow that would be a real fantasy.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/03/2008, 05:59 PM
troublemaker

Treg - I'll root for your team.

Sadly, some other representatives of your fine university generally have me rooting against OSU, due to my impression of their negative attitude and enormous disrespect they display for other Big 10 schools.

But I'll remember it's Treg's school too, and give proper cheering