Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

FS 48" Outer Orbit HQI Fixture

The lighting is a 48" Inch Outer Orbit Fixture with 150w dual HQI and 130w dual actinic pcs (total 560w). The unit is about a year and a half used. The pc and HQI bulbs are about 6 months old. And I will be including a brand new set of pc bulbs in the package.

It comes with the ceiling mounts and moon lights as well.

Brand new it retails for about $687. Asking $475 for everything.

Thanks for looking.

Old 01/02/2008, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

The fixture runs perfectly and is a great all-in-one unit for your reef.
Old 01/05/2008, 01:59 AM
Registered Member

Great for those reefers without a canopy. And anyone else who would prefer to just plug in 2 sockets to run all lights and fan...
Old 01/06/2008, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Any local folks interested? I'll entertain any reasonable offers...

Thanks
Old 01/06/2008, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

where are you located?

ill start w/ an offer of 250.00
Old 01/06/2008, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Does the HQI require ballast?
Old 01/07/2008, 01:50 AM
Registered Member

Located in Sherman Oaks. And thanks but no thanks for the low ball offer...

Ballasts are built-in. Just plug and play: one plug for the pair of halides, one for the pair of pc's and one more for the moonlights.

I'll go as low as $425 for the folks who are serious (I'm still throwing in a brand new pair of pc bulbs, btw). If info is needed on fixture, here's a link:

http://www.petsolutions.com/Outer-Or...01040+C33.aspx
Old 01/08/2008, 01:44 AM
Registered Member

I'm also looking to upgrade my current skimmer and was interested in an Octopus. If anyone's got one and needs a good fixture, please make me an offer. It would be for a 100g tank.
Old 01/09/2008, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Anyone interested? It really is a great fixture and kept in great condition.
Old 01/09/2008, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

this would be perfect for my tank but, price is bit too high.... dang... good luck on your sales. what kind of ballast does this has inside? it must be very heavy, having the ballast built inside.
Old 01/09/2008, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

It does a great job of lighting an entire 48" tank. I believe the unit weighs about 30-35lbs or so.

I'll definitely take cash/trade combos if that will help. Please feel free to make offers.