Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/15/2007, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

New fish!!

Well i finally added a new fish to the reef! everytime i go to get a new fish i come home with a new acro.. well this time i actually bought a fish. Its not a great pic because i took it at night while he was sleeping behind the turbinaria coral.
Old 11/15/2007, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

Awesome! Mystery wrasse are one of my favs! How big is he and where's you get him?

How much did they whack you for?

PS- is that crushed coral. They like to sleep in the sand..
Old 11/15/2007, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

nice looking fish
Old 11/15/2007, 06:50 AM
Moved In

I ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THEM!!!! Very nice and good luck.
Old 11/15/2007, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

Got him down at bob's...This was the first time i made it to that store and i must say it is very nice for such a little store. I didn't pay nearly as much as i have seen them going for online. I have always wanted one of these...it was eating in the store and looked pretty good so i took it home. Its about 2.5-3 inches and it was eating flake food in the store so i couldn't help myself.
InsaneClownFish, i have a mix of a few substrates in there. I broke down 2 tanks and combined them into this 90 gal. It's a mix of 3-4 differnt kinds of caribsea live sand.. I forgot the names of each but some is finer and some is more rocky. All i remember was they were all "pink something" LOL!
Old 11/15/2007, 08:22 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

nice fishy
Old 11/15/2007, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

here is another pic.. there are a few fights going on between the sixline and the mystery..i hope it settles down soon. If not the sixline will have to go!
Old 11/15/2007, 11:01 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

most likely it wont settle man, as sixline is proly one of the most aggressive if not THE most aggressive in Wrasses!!
Old 11/15/2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by erickrm
most likely it wont settle man, as sixline is proly one of the most aggressive if not THE most aggressive in Wrasses!!
Yeah im aware! the mystery is much bigger so i am hoping once it gets use to the tank it will start fighting back. If it gets bad whoever can come here and catch the sixline can take him home!
Old 11/16/2007, 01:39 AM
Registered Member

hmmm what I've noticed in the fishy world is that size can be an incredible deterent when it comes to a little bully. That being said, there is also a large percentage of the time when the size difference is negated because the newer and larger occupant is stressed.

Good luck though...whip that lil sixline into shape!