Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 07:59 PM
Moved On

I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes, fastfish.... but I think that the TOTM section in reefkeeping magazine is soo predictable, and I actually saw your tank in my mind before it was even published. I mean, great job and everything, looks great... but it's boring. I think everyone would appreciate a change from the typical hundreds of gallons SPS dominated TOTMs. In the old days of the magazine, it was a little less predictable and a ton more interesting.
Old 12/21/2007, 08:37 PM
Editor - Reefkeeping

Split from TOTM thread...

mikellini: comments like that were inappropriate for the thread honoring the TOTM recipient so I moved your comment here. Feel free to be disgusted with my selection as I will with your comment.
Old 12/21/2007, 08:42 PM
Editor - Reefkeeping

I certainly hope you are aware that TOTM nominations can easily be made here:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/newthr...ad&forumid=189

BTW... I noticed you have not made any nominations.
Old 12/21/2007, 09:17 PM
Moderator Clone

Amazing how possession of a keyboard sometimes seems to equate with an absense of tact and just plain common courtesy.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 12/22/2007, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

well mike, in a small way I am going to have to agree with you on the SPS dominated tanks.......HOWEVER, as Skipper kindly and most tastefuly pointed out; there is a democratic process to it and everyone is encouraged to vote. I do not vote in such polls or contests just because im not a huge poster here BUT!, if I did it would go something like this....<br>deer TOTM recipient, I voted for this "other" bare bottome 125 fish only tank over your tank because....and then you can fill in the rest
Old 12/22/2007, 01:44 PM
Moved On

Hey, Skipper, run it however you like. You know, I actually made the post in the TOTM thread because I wanted to know what fastfish thought about it, not what you thought about it. I'm sure I could have guessed.
Old 12/22/2007, 02:05 PM
Editor - Reefkeeping

Amazing! You mean you told him his tank was boring and you wanted to know what he thought about that? Totally un-cool, man!
Old 12/22/2007, 04:11 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11439205#post11439205 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikellini
Hey, Skipper, run it however you like. You know, I actually made the post in the TOTM thread because I wanted to know what fastfish thought about it, not what you thought about it. I'm sure I could have guessed.
Well, since we communicated, and you can't take a hint.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!