Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Delaware Reef Club (DRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/28/2007, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

TFP March 17 sale flyer

OK , Just a reminder for anyone who hasn't seen it, here's the TFP March 17-18 Anniversary sale flyer. For those interested, there will be a couple of free coral seminars on Saturday by Julian Sprung and Anthony Calfo. Plus a list of some of the brand discounts,salt and livestock discounts. All after the first opening mad rush for the tent rummage sale, Of course. There should be a good selection of vendor reps on hand to answer all of our product questions.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/StoreFly...toreflyer.html

check all three pages of the flyer.
see you there.
Old 02/28/2007, 09:32 AM
Delaware Reef Club

Wow those tank prices on page 3 are insane. Too bad I dont need or wont be allowed (wife) to get another tank.
AL
Old 02/28/2007, 11:58 AM
Delaware Reef Club & DVRC

This will surely empty my bank account.

Jon
Old 02/28/2007, 12:24 PM
Delaware Reef Club

My wife and I are going up early saturday. Jon are you still interested in splittig salt IO is usually $33. and for 4 buckets it would be $99 or $50 for two buckets each. I have a feeling my wife will speand more money then I will.
Al
Old 02/28/2007, 02:03 PM

Normal IO salt or one of the reef salts? I was hoping to get some reef salt. Could you buy all four and I buy one off you. I still have two and a half buckets of IO salt, one more should last me a good amount of time. I wish I had gotten my system set up earlier so I could get an idea how how many water changes I will be doing over the next year.

Would you want to split either reef crystals or oceanic? Anyone else want to split want? I wanted to bring home two buckets of either.
Old 02/28/2007, 10:17 PM
Delaware Reef Club

reef salt is fine. I wonder if you can mix and match

AL
Old 02/28/2007, 10:38 PM

I don't think we can, but we could always shoot them an e-mail and see.
Old 03/01/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Al/Jon;

Looks like you guys are planning a split. If there's an 'odd' bucket, I'd be glad to fill in for the fourth. I'll also be there @ some point on Sat. After 2 weeks away, my wife will be kicking my butt out of the house with the kids for some R&R time!

- ted
Old 03/02/2007, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

Hey Ted! you should try to get there for the opening of the tent sale at 9 AM sat. if you can. its a fun rush. But gets picked over pretty quick. then i head inside for my shopping list and try to catch the first seminar at 11. I dont have too big a list this time. but i like the tent sale stuff and checking out oddball live stock.
Old 03/02/2007, 06:42 PM

Ok seems as if there is at least 3 of us that are planning to split some salt.

I WTB(want to buy):
1 bucket of IO
2 buckets of either reef crystals or oceanic

a1amap - AL wants:
2 buckets of IO?

ronert - ted wants:
1 bucket of ?

Also if anyone isn't going to be there I don't think I will have extra room to bring anyone salt. I have some other large items I have to pick up while I'm in PA and I will be dragging along my gf, Steph.
Old 03/02/2007, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

jon:
any of the ones you mentioned are fine for me.

ken:
not sure when i'll get there. i'm shooting for early ...
Old 03/02/2007, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

OK, I'll be looking for you Ted. It's about an hour 40 minute ride for me. If it's a real crowded day it's often hard to find a shopping cart to fill after 10 or 11 AM. I end up staking out the front door and follow people who have checked out to their car for their empty cart. I dont think i 'll make a long day out of it. Just a short shopping list. my little doggie always likes to go,but she is getting old and tires quickly, wandering around the store.

we should all see Seranid Terror there . pretty sure he will still be representing his company there.
Old 03/03/2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

safe yourself the ride, drs fostersmith have it on sale for $31.00 and if you combine it with another order the shipping is only 10.99 and that's reef cyrstals
Old 03/03/2007, 09:31 PM

Huh? I will already be there so it won't cost any extra gas money. For Reef crystals when buying 4 buckets

TPP:
$34.89 per bucket normal
$26.17 per bucket sale((34.89*3)/4)

Foster and Smith:
$35.24 per bucket((127.96+12.99shipping)/4)

It cost more to get it shipped from Foster and smith when it is on sale then it would normally cost at TPP with out the sale.

I WTB:
1 bucket of IO
2 buckets of either reef crystals or oceanic

a1amap - AL wants:
2 buckets of IO?

ronert - ted wants:
1 bucket of either

?dropin wants?:
You live in Newark if you want to wait a week you can drive to my place and pick up a bucket or two and save some $...

Jon
Old 03/04/2007, 11:08 AM
Delaware Reef Club

IO or Reef Crystals makes no difference to me just combin for the discount
Jon when are you going up? My wife and I are going to be there at 9 maybe we can meet there.
Al
Old 03/04/2007, 12:35 PM

Hard to say. I might be making several trips up. I am going to try to be there at opening to stampeed the tent with everyone else first thing. Then I want to buy some live stock which I want to get befoe they sell out and can't sit in my car all day. I also want to see both lectures and when I'm all done I need to travel an hour north before returning home. I'm still trying to work out the details. I think I may see one of the lectures n the second day.

Jon
Old 03/04/2007, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Jon, I don't think there is a sunday coral seminar. Sprung and Calfo have one presentation each on Saturday. 11 AM and 2PM respectively.
TFP does a great job of bagging fish and critters. they can stay in the bag 24 hours with all the O2 they fill it with. just leave the bagged fish on your cart in the store where it's warm, then check out last. everybody has parks their cart outside the fish room while seeing a seminar or buying fish.
Old 03/04/2007, 01:10 PM

That's right they do use, O2... I could leave them inside as well and ask them to add extra H2O to hold the temp a little longer.
Old 03/07/2007, 10:57 PM
Parapterois heterura

FWIW... we are trying to figure out where to fit in a photography workshop (free of course). If it flies, there will be an announcement in the fishroom at TFP I reckon. This will be in addition to the coral prop workshop.

kindly, Anth-
Old 03/08/2007, 09:54 AM

Awsome! Should we perhaps bring our cameras, or just listen? I usually have mine around anyways.

Jon
Old 03/13/2007, 11:01 PM

For those of you looking to get salt I've made a new thread: Salt from TPP
Old 03/16/2007, 12:40 AM
Registered Member

I'm real impressed Anthony Calfo found our forum thread and wrote us a note? Should be good !! underwater photography through green tinted glass has always been a mystery to me.

sounds good.

Thanks Anthony!
See You There
Old 03/16/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

When will the seminars start? I have to leave by noon to be back to work! I took a half day just for this sale!
Also, who is intending to buy what fish? Just curious, in case I see something up there etc. Because I am looking at buying a new angelfish, hopefully an emperor or maybe a french in the juvi/changing stage. Anyone else interested in livestock?
Old 03/16/2007, 12:58 PM
Delaware Reef Club

I'm hoping to find a cheap flame angel

But I thnk I'm just going to find a flame angel
Old 03/16/2007, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Haha, I want a cheap emperor. But I don't think I will end up with even an emperor. Haven't seen one in a few months! I may end up getting a flame instead, I want one anyway but would rather get the emperor first. If there is only one, or one left, it's all yours craig. I can wait, and probably should save my money for AC or my gf will be real mad! HAHA! This hobby is too expensive and addicting!