Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/25/2007, 05:12 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...1#post11051751
Old 10/25/2007, 05:12 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

??? Say it aint so. He didn't do anything in this thread to get tossed.

I know you Florida fans wouldn't like this but think how nuts it would drive him if the Dawgs beat the gators and he can't gloat in the thread

Last edited by The Grim Reefer; 10/25/2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10/25/2007, 06:46 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer

I know you Florida fans wouldn't like this but think how nuts it would drive him if the Dawgs beat the gators and he can't gloat in the thread
If that happens he will re-register as BigDawg or UGA_Rulz or some crap, we'll know it's him, he's the only Georgia fan here...He'll be back, you'll know it's him
Old 10/25/2007, 06:53 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Nope, nothing to do with this thread.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 10/25/2007, 07:33 PM

I was going to go back through the Rug's posts and come up with a greatest hits of Rugism as a tribute. It would have taken a month.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:48 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
I was going to go back through the Rug's posts and come up with a greatest hits of Rugism as a tribute. It would have taken a month.
I loved the Rug! R.I.P
Old 10/25/2007, 09:57 PM

The Rug did know how to stir it up.

Can I get a WOOF!
Old 10/25/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

You guys catching this BC VaTech finish?
BC should be up 7-6 already, but not for another shockingly aweful replay call.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

wow....that was a great 4th quarter to watch.
Hopefully a precursor to a great weekend of ball.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:13 PM

Good game but BC left the door open to getting jumped. Gotta love the throw for that last TD.
Old 10/25/2007, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Getting jumped? That is rediculous. They beat the
1.#8 team
2. on the road
3. in argueably the toughest stadium to win

Unless #3 beats someone in the top 10 by two touchdowns on the road there should be no jumping.
...they will be #1 on sunday night.

Old 10/25/2007, 10:41 PM

You think Penn can take OSU?

BC got a very lucky win and LSU is going to be able to put up impressive numbers through the end of the year. If they kick but in the SEC championship game I think they would jump BC even with the loss. BC needed to erase any doubt about whether they deserve the number 2 spot and I don't think they did
Old 10/25/2007, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

If that happens...and there is a ton of football still, but if that happens it will actually make me physically ill. (PLAYOFF)
But when PSU beats the reds, LSU can take the #2 spot into the title game.

Old 10/25/2007, 10:54 PM

I think this whole season is yet again proof for the need of a playoff. I don't see it happening but what if Arizona state or Kansas wins out? Either of those teams have played as tough a schedule as BC.
Old 10/25/2007, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

True. But, they had so far to climb....although Kansas is in the so-weak 12 north.
playoffs, playoffs, playoffs

Old 10/26/2007, 05:06 AM
SPS Kibitzer

PSU is very tough in Happy Valley, it will be a battle for OSU to go in there in win but to be the best you have to beat the best and PSU is pretty good at home, should be a great game
Old 10/26/2007, 05:08 AM
SPS Kibitzer

WOW.. I turned off the BC vs V Tech game with 8 mins left with V Tech up 10-0 figuring that BC was toast...another classic this year in college football
Old 10/26/2007, 05:11 AM
SPS Kibitzer

If they had something like Div 1AA's playoff tourney bracket it would be awesome but again corporate sponsorships ruin any chance of that
Old 10/26/2007, 07:23 AM

You could still do the corporate tie in for a playoff. There are currently 4 BCS bowls. Add in the Cotton Bowl and probably the Motor City bowl so you have 6 BCS bowls. Do an 8 team playoff. Winners from each BCS dividion and the two highest ranked remaining teams. You rotate the bowls so 4 are played on New Years day. The winners of the 4 game play the next week in two more bowls to determine the NC pairing. For the title games let cities bid on them just like the super bowl. Everyone would make out on it. It would also tend to put the NC game on neutral turf which would be good.
Old 10/26/2007, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Even that, though better than what we have, could be troublesome.
What will SEC fans say when their top two or three teams could wipe the floor with some lowly conference winner and don't get in the playoff?
I would take your 8 and make it 16 with a play-in game for the 16th spot.

Old 10/26/2007, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

I completely agree. I've been wishing to see a playoff scenario like that forever, the BCS is crap. The powers that be love to fall back on the argument that a playoff would "hinder academics"
but NCAA basketball seems to have no problem keeping ball players out of classes for several weeks during the tournament.

As for my Hokies collapsing, what a shame... There were so many things that could have changed the outcome: lots of blown calls (although just as many helped us as them), BC couldn't move the ball until the rain stopped, our defense got a little too cocky half way through the 4th quarter, & harper blowing that onside kick... It was extremely tough to watch. At least VT still controls their own destiny in the ACC, I would love to see a rematch in Jacksonville in December.

Quote:
You could still do the corporate tie in for a playoff. There are currently 4 BCS bowls. Add in the Cotton Bowl and probably the Motor City bowl so you have 6 BCS bowls. Do an 8 team playoff. Winners from each BCS dividion and the two highest ranked remaining teams. You rotate the bowls so 4 are played on New Years day. The winners of the 4 game play the next week in two more bowls to determine the NC pairing. For the title games let cities bid on them just like the super bowl. Everyone would make out on it. It would also tend to put the NC game on neutral turf which would be good.
Old 10/26/2007, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Crazy, me and my little brother concocted the exact same system last weekend. I am not even kidding.
Old 10/26/2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

More proof for my belief that some teams should start down points for academics.

The University of Florida should be embarrased about Channing Crowder. Almost as bad as Miss South Carolina, but she is a tennager.

Old 10/26/2007, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

My other concern is the guy with the worst hair ever, Kiper, saying that it's o.k. for teams a,b, and c to have lost a game or even two...but if OSU loses to PSU they don't deserve a title shot?
Really, beause PSU is 10x better than some of the teams that have beaten some of the top tier teams that according to him are still in it.

Old 10/26/2007, 02:58 PM
Ha! I finally hit 500!

And the assist goes to...

Mythbusters